test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Playing Coop with different Factions

darkinquisitor#4562 darkinquisitor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hello,
After playing solo STO on PS4 some years ago, I restart on PC to play coop with my son. I created a Starfleet character (level 7 now) and he created a Romulan (level 2). I added him in my friends list and we can see each other and tried to invite him as the button is available.

But we have an "error" message telling we need something like "you have to be ally". I remember seeing a screen showing you can play with different factions if you are ally indeed. But nothing in the game explains, for now, how to do that.

I created a Romulan character (for test) and we can obviously invite each other, but I really would like to play with my Starfleet character. Is anyone knows how we can "ally" or when this is possible to unlock this?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• tvalavulcantvalavulcan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    In order to be an ally, the romulan character has to get to level 10 and choose to ally with either the KDF or Federation. I forget the name of the mission.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    When the Romulan Character gets to a certain point (around Level 9) and completes the Mission `Turning Point' you have to choose a Faction to Ally with. Choose Federation and you will then be able to play together.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Oh nice. Thanks a lot for your answers :)
This discussion has been closed.