test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gagarin-class 'Battlecrusier' issue

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
I have a question for the dev team.

I recently picked up the Federation Gagarin-class battlecruiser. It does everything as advertised, however there is one nit-picky problem I ran across... it is unable to mount the cloaking device console, despite the console saying it will equip to battlecruisers.

So I guess my question is this: Is the Gagarin a true battlecruiser, or does the designation need to be changed to "engineering cruiser"?

(or is the console problem simply an oversight?)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Wording on consoles is a little misleading sometimes, especially the "can be used on any XXXX"

The answer is: Nope, working as intended, no cloak for you.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    "Battle Cruiser" does not mean battlecruisers in general it means the specific ship named "Battle Cruiser," ie the Avenger and its variants.

They really should update the text on it, as both the "Battle Cruiser" and the "Dreadnought Cruiser" labels are no longer unique to the ships they actually mean.

For future reference, the cloaking console will fit on all versions of the Defiant, the Galaxy-X and the Avenger.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Working as intended. "Battle cruiser" in this case means the Arbiter/Avenger battle cruisers.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    There is also one key difference between the Avenger line and the Gagarin.

One is a Battlecruiser, the other is a Miracle Worker Battlecruser. Thus technically speaking two different animals. The wording for the console is basically absolute literal. Unless it says Battlecruiser and ONLY Battlecruiser, no cloak. As the Gagarin has the added on Miracle Worker... it is disqualified.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Ship designations are a mess, even their slight changes and corrections don't help.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    they need to just stop using the type for anything and start using the actual class name...and if it doesn't have a class name *cough*dominion ships*cough*...MAKE SOMETHING UP!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Ship designations are a mess, even their slight changes and corrections don't help.

Agreed, and this issue pops up all the time with 'Battlecruisers' and 'Dreadnoughts.'

This one is certainly not on the OP, the naming conventions in this game are a mess. Bottom line though, OP.. you can't use that console on the Gagarin because it's a Miracle Worker Battlecruiser, and not just a regular Battlecruiser. That refers to the Arbiter and Avenger class ships. You also can't use it on something like the Presidio because that's a 'Command Battlecruiser.'

:frowning:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Since they've not made the cloak console truly a universal console when they made the other Avenger/Arbiter 'Battle Cruiser' consoles universal and able to be fit on any ship, it's likely that giving more Federation ships a cloak is a bridge too far, so the best that can hoped for is a name change.
    they need to just stop using the type for anything and start using the actual class name...and if it doesn't have a class name *cough*dominion ships*cough*...MAKE SOMETHING UP!​​

That's been effectively fixed, as the Jem'Hadar ship consoles can now be used on any ship, Dominion or not.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You can't expect a 'Miracle Worker' to be able to figure out how to install and use a cloak now can you. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Reminds me why I want the archon class ship but won't ever buy it because its tied up in a scam with some other company trying to offload some knock off star trek merchandise you can find at about any yard sale for like 10 cents. I am hoping the page about it not working is a sign of them removing that TRIBBLE so it can be a decent cloak accessible ship lol.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Reminds me why I want the archon class ship but won't ever buy it because its tied up in a scam with some other company trying to offload some knock off star trek merchandise you can find at about any yard sale for like 10 cents. I am hoping the page about it not working is a sign of them removing that TRIBBLE so it can be a decent cloak accessible ship lol.

Same here. Particularly enjoy the Regent skin but discovered it won't unlock unless owning the Regent too, so all those requirements for a ship that has nothing but a cool appearance isn't worth it.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
This discussion has been closed.