test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are there sponsorship tokens for the Discovery Rep?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I just completed my first toon to reach level VI in the Discovery rep and was going to create sponsorship tokens for my other toons. I don't see that option? Is it available?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Thanks.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    No, rep sponsorship is automatic and account wide when you hit T5.
    I totally forgot about that :tongue: But it makes sense, a lot easier than making tokens for alts. That gets expensive. Besides, with the account-wide discount project, having two things to do kinda similar things (different, but similar in thought) wouldn't make sense anyways.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Speaking of which, whatever happened to the sponsor token trade-in projects we were promised? (Where we could trade in already made tokens back to rep Marks)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Speaking of which, whatever happened to the sponsor token trade-in projects we were promised? (Where we could trade in already made tokens back to rep Marks)

I thought that it already happened, since there were outrage posts about only being able to trade in tokens using characters that had tier 5 in that rep? (I've been too lazy to try it with the few tokens I have.)
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    meimeitoo wrote: »

it already happened awhile back. if you still had any of the old sponsorships you could trade the tokens in and get your 100 marks back
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    Confirmed, I discovered it accidentally when cashing in some temporal doohickies, having a sponsorship token adds a third row to the store tab.

Interesting. :) I still have them in my account bank, so I shall prompty move them to my regular inventory and try this. Thx.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    Confirmed, I discovered it accidentally when cashing in some temporal doohickies, having a sponsorship token adds a third row to the store tab.

Yep, was finally able to trade them in. :) I was ready for a small mini-rant, on how Cryptic never delivers on their promises, but, by the goddess, they actual came thru this time. ;)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I never had any extras. Always bought one for each Reputation for a Character that was on its way up. Also, when I unlocked a new Reputation just bought enough Tokens for all the other Characters.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    I never had any extras. Always bought one for each Reputation for a Character that was on its way up. Also, when I unlocked a new Reputation just bought enough Tokens for all the other Characters.

I only have a few because I created a Talaxian back in 2014, then later decided to "retire" him ("could you inspect this airlock for me sir?" :::outer door opens::: ) after using up his marks, to make room for a character I wanted to play.

This discussion has been closed.