test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boronite Laced Weaponry - How is it?

legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
so, this console seems to be something EPG builds might make use of, and it's fairly pricey currently despite dropping from the current lockbox which seems to be getting opened in larger amounts than normal...so is this thing actually any good? like...delphic tear generator good or even better maybe (hopefully)?​​
Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
"We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
Passion and Serenity are one.
I gain power by understanding both.
In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
The Force is united within me.

Answers

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    so...no one knows anything about this console's performance? i would've thought the DPS math people would've been all over this thing the moment it came out like everything else that comes out​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    Well it provides bonus Ctrl stats and it looks like its a nice buff to stuff like grav well plus fire at will. Haven't tested it myself yet
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I slotted and then unslotted this console.. The ability it provides sucks .At least the the damage (Per my Parses)..

So it sits un-used in my inventory while I run my sci majics.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

After further testing the ability is pretty crappy. The damage is far faaar too low to be remotely useful.It says there is no limit on the anomalies but there is. You're only allowed to create 1 each second, and it lasts 20 seconds, so essentially at best you get 20 anomalies and with the low damage that's still bad. What could solve it is if they buff the damage, or remove that restriction. If you could make as many anomalies as possible per shot it could be good
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    so...if it isn't good, why is it pushing nearly 4m? universal consoles that aren't good don't generally get anywhere NEAR those amounts, especially when the box they're dropping from is still active which means the supply of them is constantly increasing, or at least holding steady​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    so...if it isn't good, why is it pushing nearly 4m? universal consoles that aren't good don't generally get anywhere NEAR those amounts, especially when the box they're dropping from is still active which means the supply of them is constantly increasing, or at least holding steady​​

3.2M when i picked it up last night for testing. My guess for the cost is that it boosts exotic and control in addition to being the newest toy from a lockbox.
    The click power is not impressive, but it is an universal which boosts science.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    I think it might also be due to lack of popularity with the lockbox. Typically if people don't open ome as much, the rarer stuff gets expensive. Plus I'm gonna be honest, I've seen only 1 single S31 ship since the box came out. Just a bit of evidence
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    I think it might also be due to lack of popularity with the lockbox. Typically if people don't open ome as much, the rarer stuff gets expensive. Plus I'm gonna be honest, I've seen only 1 single S31 ship since the box came out. Just a bit of evidence

I think i encountered one one a quick tour of Kerrat earlier today. As usual there was too much spawn camping going on.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User

It may be either that it's a rarer drop than the other console bare in this box (the Flanking 'Computer Assisted Flight Algorithms', which goes for less) or that it looks nicer to people than it is in reality.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I've not seen one of the Section 31 ships in the queues yet either?
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    I've not seen one of the Section 31 ships in the queues yet either?

Ive seen a few..But, reading my parser, they are set up as energy boats (same trap some fell into running Dyson Science Destroyers) and probably found them lack luster (because they should be run like a science ship not an energy boat).

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.