test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10 Anniversary...Please bring back missed items by new/inactive players. And other Suggestions.

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    It was mentioned during the recent livestream with the EP that they might put some of those rewards in the Phoenix Box.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    As long as they were talking about the Pre-order Items into the Phoenix and NOT the four Items from the Episodes (Shard, Cane, Reman, Breen). Putting those in Phoenix is BS of the First Order. Actually, not First Order but Obsidian Order. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    As long as they were talking about the Pre-order Items into the Phoenix and NOT the four Items from the Episodes (Shard, Cane, Reman, Breen). Putting those in Phoenix is BS of the First Order. Actually, not First Order but Obsidian Order. ;)

Why? Any characters created after January 2018 can't get them from the never-scheduled episode replay, even if you've been playing since beta. They're also bound to character so you also can't transfer them from a parked character.

Unless they add them as normal episode rewards or schedule a new replay, the Phoenix is the next best place to add them.
  • pork77pork77 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

Why? Any characters created after January 2018 can't get them from the never-scheduled episode replay, even if you've been playing since beta. They're also bound to character so you also can't transfer them from a parked character.

Unless they add them as normal episode rewards or schedule a new replay, the Phoenix is the next best place to add them.

Because although they're great rewards, the were mission-play rewards. With regular featured episode replay events it wasn't a problem to not get them as regular rewards. But as the model of doing featured episode arcs has been obsolete for quite some time, I do advocate putting them in as regular reward, as already suggested here earlier.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    You make some good suggestions OP.

I like especially your topic 3 concerning fleets. I really dislike how the latest holding became nothing but an obscene Dil sink for those (few) among the player base feeling obligated here. More incentives to play in a fleet aside just benefiting from other player’s gear unlocks should be made.

As things are now fleets are only what their players make of them. I’m very lucky in all fleets I am but the gratitude here clearly belongs to fellow players, not cryptic.

The only point of yours I strongly disagree with is this one:
    dark4blood wrote: »
    the Borg especially should be more adaptable.
    Borg space maps undoubtedly belong to the most consumed maps we have. Whatever the reasons there may be for that, it is a strong indicator that the philosophy/mechanic/rewards of those maps should not be changed.

One does not change popular content, one just makes more like it... Geko! ;)

animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    1. Bring back all items that have been offered in missions, special giveaways, and special linked event sales. Things like the Shard of Possibilities are obvious, but also rare BOFFs like the Breen VR officer would be nice.
    So many ask this, but... MMO's are generally supposed to have exclusive items. It encourages joining early, and staying around for the long-term.
    That may be something to do for a new MMO, but STO is 10 years old. It's impossible to join early anymore, so that's therefore a lost cause and the devs would do better to encourage people to just join, period. Telling new players they can never catch up is not useful.
    I haven't been here since the beginning, plus I took a long break. I don't expect to have all the special items. Nor do I think I deserve them. But I'm happy to have the things I did get, rewarding the time I have played.
    Good for you. I do expect to get all the special items. And I've been here long enough to have done so. Were I a new player, I wouldn't start playing this game as it is now.
    Exactly what I have been advocating many times in this Thread. Add those four Items back into the Episodes. No need for them to have a non-Event Event like the Featured Episode Replay.

I know about the Kobali Uniform. That was a seperate issue. There, in the middle of 16 or so page Thread some Developer stated that the Outfit as a Reward Choice would be going away after the Featuredness of the 'Dust to Dust' Episode was over. Not a very good way of announcing something. About half my Characters had not picked it up as a Reward as I thought that I could claim it whenever during a run through later.

I had a Table, on paper, of which Characters had what Rewards from that Episode. I could have easily run that Episode for the Uniform instead of the Deflector or whatever during the Featured run if they had been up front in the News Blog about the Uniform status.

There is no rime or reason why these Episode Rewards are treated as such. Facility 4026 freely awards a VR Jem'Hadar Boff even today. Back in the day, besides the starter Boffs, like Elisa Flores, that Jem'Hadar was the only ready source of TS III.

This kind of baloney just frosts my boots.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    Well, unfortunately, those old FE Rewards were exactly what they were talking about possibly putting in the Phoenix Box. I won't be happy with that decision myself if they go through with it. I'd much rather they go back into the episodes themselves. I'd have much that had happened with the Kobali Uniform as well.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • pork77pork77 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    They already put the Kobali uniform (mission reward from Dust to Dust) in the Phoenix.
    You're right, I forgot about that. Still, that was a one-off Featured Episode {Edit: and, as ltminns pointed out, wasn't announced as a reward that'll go away; found out about it myself just after the featured period ended, as I didn't read until page 16} like they do them today, and not a whole arc, like they were back in the day... that reminds me, when will the Kamarag be in the Phoenix box?
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    4. This is the most unlikely change but it has to be asked at this point. Since lockbox ships and promotional box ships need adjustments when it comes to odds.

No, they don't. People need to take the time and put in the effort to educate themselves. Opening boxes to try and win a ship is stupid. Spend a fraction of that and buy keys, sell them on the exchange and buy the ship(s) you want. 100% chance of success.

There are many guides on these forums for how to do it without opening a single box.

Even with opening boxes 99% of the time, the problem isn't the odds, it's people needing to take 101 on probably mathematics. People seem to think that 1 in 100 means that in they won't get the grand price by the time they opened the 100th box they were cheated, that's not how the odds work.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    if one day, these objects make their come back, i just wish that they will fix them. the romulan/reman boffs don't use them, neither the furiadon, horta etc.
  • bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    i hope they bring back walking around esd as your ship . that was fun =p
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    If the game doesn't start caring about actual players.

Can you define "actual players" please? Is it you and your buddies? Does it include the many players in this thread which do not agree with your assessment of what is needed? In which case the game (or rather the company) does care for its actual players. If they are not included, why aren't they?

I am really not a fan of unregulated capitalism, but in many aspects companies know what they sell and what will sell better than individual customers do. I find this idea of "STO is on a decline because of bad business decisions and I know everything better without even looking at the data" quite absurd, considering that STO has been around for quite a bit more time than industry average, so it must do something right. And even if it declines, which is perfectly normal for a game this old, the reaction is not to throw everything overboard to gather "any players" at all, if it is not viable.

Also, I have heard just this very rhetoric with many of the same arguments when I joined in 2013, people advising me not to buy an LTS because it wouldn't pay off because Cryptic runs STO into the ground sooner rather than later..
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • kavolkavol Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Didn't they re-run those featured episodes a year or so ago? My memory is muddy, but I remember running them on my Caitian, who is now my main, to get the shard of possibilities and the ophidian staff. That would've been a long time after their first run. So they have done it at least once.

I'm glad I picked up the shard when I did. Nothing like grooving with two more of yourself in ESD. B)
    sto-large.jpg
    edited August 2019
    When they ran them last year it had been just over two years since they had done that before. The only thing keeping them back was that the Developer who had worked out the award of Lobi per Account per day had left and the manner was beyond what the others could work on at the time. So the last Featured Episode Rerun had no daily Account Rewards, but people were interested in those four Items primarily anyway.

In the before times we'd have a Featured Rerun at least yearly. Now sadly, three of the four Episodes are relegated to the 'Wasteland' of the 'Availible' Tab in Mission.

The Cane was great on a Boff when fighting the V-Rex's in the Dyson BZ.

#PutThemBack :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I'm just going to throw this out there, I would like to see a way to earn the account unlocking of ships that were gotten from the Phoenix boxes. This could just be a special event just available at each 10 year anniversary. Just the ability to get 1 of the ships that you got from the phoenix boxes to unlock account wide. Not every ship, not ships you unlock in the future, just one ship. It should be that you have to get 1000 phoenix box tokens to get 1 ship unlock. Run it as a different token than the one for the anniversary. I think this would be something great...

Just my 2¢...
This discussion has been closed.