test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Transwarp: Double Warp-Out Effect Graphic BUG

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
1st: You see the ship disapear with a warp trail almost instantly;
2nd: Next you see a warp-circle (transwarp) form; yet since ship already warped, you just see the effect. Like an invisible ship warp's out a second time. :o

I think this has been occurring for several months; and not quite sure when it first started. But since it hasn't been FIXED I thought I'd post about it here.
0zxlclk.png

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    What ship and faction is this? There is a thread about several Klingon ships having this problem. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • misk1976misk1976 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    This happens on all my characters of fed, kdf, rom, borg, etc.. it isn't limited to just one character for me.
    I Think, Therefore I Am!!
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    It only happens for KDF and allies for me. It's been happening for them for years. Here's a video of it from 2015.

Back before the sector space revamp, most transwarps had the long animation, with the tunnel opening and your ship eventually warping out through it, but some, notably the one that took you to Azure Nebula in Tau Dewa sector, had an immediate jump. This was nice for the final version of Tour the Galaxy with sector blocks, because you could use that one late in the cycle to hit that block and those near it. I think that waht's happening for those that have this is that both animations are playing over top of each other.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • maphisto86#2647 maphisto86 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    It only happens for KDF and allies for me. It's been happening for them for years. Here's a video of it from 2015.

Back before the sector space revamp, most transwarps had the long animation, with the tunnel opening and your ship eventually warping out through it, but some, notably the one that took you to Azure Nebula in Tau Dewa sector, had an immediate jump. This was nice for the final version of Tour the Galaxy with sector blocks, because you could use that one late in the cycle to hit that block and those near it. I think that waht's happening for those that have this is that both animations are playing over top of each other.

It is ridiculous how a bug can stick around for so long. I too have this particular problem with my KDF character.