test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Phoenix Prize pack event would be nice...

13»

Comments

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    By the way rate of tokens seems unusually different from other times and more specifically Rare has become more rare

I opened 122 boxes first day of which 79 if I remember well were uncommon

next two days opened 11 each(10 + the free one)

and got 10 uncommon and 1 rare the second day

and 9 uncommon and 2 rare the next

I wonder if a change was made to rare for people to need to spend more dill on phoenix to get the amount of upgrades they want - then again it may be just weird luck but I am not sure
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    By the way rate of tokens seems unusually different from other times and more specifically Rare has become more rare

I wonder if a change was made to rare for people to need to spend more dill on phoenix to get the amount of upgrades they want - then again it may be just weird luck but I am not sure

It's honestly just luck (or lack thereof.)

I have had the opposite luck this run, I have received a far higher ratio of VR, UR, and even Epics then I had in the past. I doubt they changed the odds.. especially in my favor, so I am assuming that the gods of RnG are just being their usual fickle selves. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Phoenix Prize Packs are the greatest con in this game, and other than the free ones ..... something to be avoided at all costs!
  • asgard47asgard47 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Phoenix Prize Packs are the greatest con in this game, and other than the free ones ..... something to be avoided at all costs!

I disagree. Casual gamers like me, who take several breaks from gaming over the years or are too busy in real life, welcome the chance to get their hands on items and ships they missed. At least i do. The Phoenix packs are for example my only chance to get the DOMINO console or Cold hearted trait. I reject the FOMO tendency of STO and i rather spend real money on Zen / Dilithium to get the high end items than letting STO dictate my daily life.
    edited August 2019

It's honestly just luck (or lack thereof.)

I have had the opposite luck this run, I have received a far higher ratio of VR, UR, and even Epics then I had in the past. I doubt they changed the odds.. especially in my favor, so I am assuming that the gods of RnG are just being their usual fickle selves. :smile:

I see, it just felt strange to me since at least the rare ones were fairly common previous times.

I disagree, as long as you are going for upgrades. If you accept you are going mainly for upgrades, and whatever will come, will just come then phoenix become your best upgrades source. And this comes from someone who havent even gained a UR and all events opened 100+ to 200+ boxes
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

If you never, ever do upgrades.. then I can see feeling that way. Otherwise, this is a ridiculous statement, they are the absolute best way to get that shiny epic gear that most people desire. If you just buy them for Epic Tokens then yes.. they're a rip off.

People that know what they're doing use Phoenix Kits.
    reyan01 wrote: »

Respectfully disagree.

They're ALWAYS introducing new items to the game. I don't think, for example, many people would've hit T5 of the Discovery Reputation by the time the last Phoenix event ended. And I used quite a few Phoenix upgrades on my DSC Constitution - mostly the beam arrays. Again, a new ship with 'unique' weapons introduced subsequent to the last Phoenix box event.
    And all this is without taking into account new players, older players making new chars etc etc.

Agreed, these kits will always be in demand for me. I can't get enough of them.. I basically live to get to the next Phoenix Box event. This game is always introducing new gear and Cryptic is always nerf.. um.. balancing stuff.. so that the best options for a build is constantly in flux.

The Phoenix Boxes are the life blood of the upgrade system and new and veteran players alike always have a need to upgrade something.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Only if you never upgrade any gear, at all, ever. If you like playing with low-level Rare and VR gear for the challenge then your claim might make sense.

Otherwise, the tech upgrades are the best ones you can get other than the key ring bundle one and the anniversary Omega ones that you need to grind for.

4 x Superior upgrades: 4,300 dil + ec to buy OR ec to craft + mats + 15 minute wait per pair
    = 1 x Phoenix: under 2,500 dil given the odds of getting rare (x 2 upgrades) or better. No EC, no mats, no waiting.
    I disagree, as long as you are going for upgrades. If you accept you are going mainly for upgrades, and whatever will come, will just come then phoenix become your best upgrades source. And this comes from someone who havent even gained a UR and all events opened 100+ to 200+ boxes

Totally agree. I did actually win an Epic token, but I had a LOT of Dil hoarded over several chars and did throw a bit of Zen at the situation too as was desperate for upgrades. So opened something like 1200 boxes in total.

Other than the Ultimate Upgrades, from the Key Ring Bundle and event token bundle, the Phoenix upgrades are THE best upgrades available to us. I may have won an Epic token but I wasn't opening boxes specifically for that reason.
    I literally just want to hoard Phoenix Upgrades.
    The problem I see is that all the people who want Phoenix Prize at this point are only using it for the Phoenix Universal Tech Upgrades. The problem with this is as time goes on, the Phoenix Universal Tech Upgrades becomes less attractive as people have already upgrade to Max all the item they want.

Respectfully disagree.

They're ALWAYS introducing new items to the game. I don't think, for example, many people would've hit T5 of the Discovery Reputation by the time the last Phoenix event ended. And I used quite a few Phoenix upgrades on my DSC Constitution - mostly the beam arrays. Again, a new ship with 'unique' weapons introduced subsequent to the last Phoenix box event.
    And all this is without taking into account new players, older players making new chars etc etc.

Yes and for me since I do ship project with independant(non shared with other ships) gears I need upgrades all the time(and red matter capacitors, some consoles are good for some builds too), so phoenix is always great for me even if I cant get the Voth Zeppelin(the Bulwark). Its funny but I want the UR token more than the epic right now. I do have epic token ships I like but Bulwark is the one I was most.
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    Does the "improved Voth ships" imply they're coming back; and will it be against us...or against the Vaadwaur, or even the Iconians who were behind them?

Doubtful.

They introduced the Vaadwaur Juggernaught (R&D Promotion prize ship) not too long ago but didn't do anything with the Vaadwaur themselves.

I suppose. Although the dev's didn't consider the idea, or it was because the Vaadwaur have a civilization to reconstruct; a problem the Voth wouldn't have if they do chose to act.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Does the "improved Voth ships" imply they're coming back; and will it be against us...or against the Vaadwaur, or even the Iconians who were behind them?

Doubtful.

They introduced the Vaadwaur Juggernaught (R&D Promotion prize ship) not too long ago but didn't do anything with the Vaadwaur themselves.

I suppose. Although the dev's didn't consider the idea, or it was because the Vaadwaur have a civilization to reconstruct; a problem the Voth wouldn't have if they do chose to act.

They also didn't do anything with the Tholians when they introduced the T6 versions of the ships that weren't already T6.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    nothing is going to move the exchange anymore. i sold a little at 395 but it was only so amazingly way far down to 395 for about an hour. Basically it started at 415-420 and was back there almost immediately.

yes, they have been running sales simultaneously very often and that doesn't help. Without that we might have seen like 375.

but the cold hard fact is that dilithium is now worthless and we must accept that. will we bury the needle? eh maybe. no doubt if we get north of 480 the team will try to step in. they will be sad to find out that nothing they will do will move the market except for removing the supply (which would cause too much of an outcry).
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    So Fleets should expect to have people start back again donating Dilitium to the Colony (or any Project for that matter)? ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.