test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Finding Pavyl on Risa

rockhoundxozrockhoundxoz Member Posts: 17 Arc User
So it's been a few years since I had played since 2014 and returned just a couple months ago, but catching up on progression and quests has led me to a bug that I cannot find Pavyl anywhere on Risa for the Master Relaxer accolade. I have already found him once for "Catch me if Toucan" accolade, but any time after that I cannot locate him in the designated locations at nightfall. Any help on this would be appreciated to help resolve this bug.

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There is no nightfall per se anymore. Pavyl should be on the Beach in his normal spot to give you his four quests. Because of the lack of the Day/Night Cycle when you get a quest from him, you can immediately go to the proper location and find him. You return and you may pick up the next, etc.

You should now be able to finish up the quest chain in under twenty minutes.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rockhoundxozrockhoundxoz Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    There is no nightfall per se anymore. Pavyl should be on the Beach in his normal spot to give you his four quests. Because of the lack of the Day/Night Cycle when you get a quest from him, you can immediately go to the proper location and find him. You return and you may pick up the next, etc.

You should now be able to finish up the quest chain in under twenty minutes.

I did say that he no longer shows up for me and I have had someone confirm that when I followed them around in all locations Pavyl would be at. Something is bugged for me and I just want to finish that accolade so I can get those Duty Officers. If I had to upload a video of this, then I will do that as well to showcase my proof.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    This problem has been reported in previous years. Any character that did some, but not all, of Pavyl's missions before they rebuilt Risa without the day/night cycle apparently can't continue with him now. I'm not sure that the team is aware of the bug. It could be something that keeps getting lost in the shuffle, then forgotten until the event starts again, or something that they deem low priority, due to the presumably low numbers of characters with this problem.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • rockhoundxozrockhoundxoz Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I'm hoping that I can get it fixed because it's messed up everyone else can get it and I can't for Master Relaxer.