test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hunting the Edit Monster

1235»

Comments

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    should have you taken care of. let me know if you have further issues.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    Cleared the spam queue, so if you're seeing double posts suddenly appearing, that was me. :mrgreen:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I post almost exclusively from my Android phone. I have run into situations where I have to log off and back on to see the number of new posts icon.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    (Yes, we know. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Cleared the spam queue.
    GrWzQke.png
  • jerry652jerry652 Member Posts: 1 New User
    So what new out there
  • desireguy#9878 desireguy Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @where2r1 said:
    > Testing from my Computer -- Chrome browser.
    >
    > Thank you @ambassadorkael#6946 force verify worked out. :)

thanks, force verify worked for me as well
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
    I just tried to make a post in " Bookmark
    A ideal to liven up areas of the game not used or have removed maps from. "
    and when I hit "Post Comment" it just went poof.

That is the first time that has happened in months, so I forgot to take the precaution of saving it all to the clipboard before posting.
    edited December 2019
    The only time I have ever lost a post is when the Mods closed out a Thread that I had been working on a reply before I could post it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I just tried to make a post in " Bookmark
    A ideal to liven up areas of the game not used or have removed maps from. "
    and when I hit "Post Comment" it just went poof.

That is the first time that has happened in months, so I forgot to take the precaution of saving it all to the clipboard before posting.

It's possible the thread was locked before you could post your post. It's happened to me before, just as ltminns said. If that happens, your reply will go poof.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    After wasting half an hour trying to post a bug report, I finally figured out what the problem was: Vanilla Forums won't let you post a discussion or comment with more than 4 links to other forum posts. As if the edit monster weren't bad enough, we now have a link monster.

If you want to create a list of related bug reports and your list contains more than four reports, you can forget about it. If you want to create a list of resources (helpful posts written by other players), then your list can't contain more than four links. The only way around this limitation is to break your list up into chunks of four.

I'm sick and tired of this overly restrictive spam filter.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    Actually, no, that's not the issue with the spam filter. You're posting issue should be fixed now, though.
    GrWzQke.png
    edited November 2019
    Actually, no, that's not the issue with the spam filter. You're posting issue should be fixed now, though.

@baddmoonrizin:

If it wasn't the links, then what was the problem? I wouldn't have tried posting so many times if it had worked the first time. Unfortunately, when you "fixed" my posting issue, all my duplicate posts came back, so now the bug report forum is polluted with duplicates.

Please delete the following threads:

(Deleted as requested. - BMR)

DO NOT DELETE the following threads:

https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1252130/black-pixels-and-overly-bright-lighting-in-map-of-starfleet-academy
    https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1252132/black-pixels-in-map-of-klingon-academy
    https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1252181/lighting-differences-in-map-of-qonos-system
    https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1252316/black-and-gray-pixels-in-map-of-risa
    https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1252318/grid-lines-missing-in-map-of-risa-system
    https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1252319/grid-lines-missing-in-map-of-breach-event
    https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1252320/2d-map-errors

If you have the ability to delete a comment within a thread, then delete the following comments, but DO NOT DELETE the parent threads.

If you do not have the ability to delete single comments from a thread, then just leave those comments alone.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    qVpg1km.png
    @baddmoonrizin:

Thank you for your assistance.
    qVpg1km.png
    edited December 2019
    No comment
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    > @ltminns said:
    > Have yet to have this happen.

Yes, so you keep saying. 😒
    GrWzQke.png
    edited December 2019
    No further comment
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    > @ltminns said:
    > Well, if this Thread is serving no useful purpose anymore, close it and remove its stickiness.

The thread is serving its useful purpose: giving a place for users that are actually experiencing the edit issue to notify the moderators so that we can address it. Your continual comments, however, about not being affected serve no useful purpose. 😒
    GrWzQke.png
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    I need a beer.

edited December 2019
    I apologize if they were irrelevant.

Merry Christmas. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I'll thank you to stop making irrelevant comments in a thread being tracked by the moderation team.
    GrWzQke.png
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    It just ate my post there https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1256016/what-is-the-purpose-of-sector-space-again/p2 about 5 min ago. I edited a ) out of it because I wanted to make a point B and not a B) smily. :/
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    It just ate my post there https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1256016/what-is-the-purpose-of-sector-space-again/p2 about 5 min ago. I edited a ) out of it because I wanted to make a point B and not a B) smily. :/

try now. i have restored the post and you shouldn't have anymore issues. if you do, let us know.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.