test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scaling of difficulty within story

dojihajimedojihajime Member Posts: 29 Arc User
I kinda back actually doing missions after a long break from doing so but I run into my old problem again I do one mission or part of a mission and not really have any issue and then bam you hit a wall and you waste 30 minutes on a section that you in the end can't advance. Yes the currently is the fourth patrol in Brushfire but it happens lots of other places as well, and it why I not be able to follow the story very well. There is clearly some good story here and it jarring to encounter points because you run arcs that clear I suppose to run one after each other but you start both at the same time. Yes I understand good gear is needed but really should it? it not like I am not running purple gear on my ship. Is it just me banging my head again this wall? I am I just playing the wrong MMO?
Star Trek Online Player

City of Heroes Refugee

Comments

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    part of the complaint about STO was do this rinse and repeat. they have done things (like brushfire) where you have to adapt. you might be able to wade in and punch it out for a couple waves but sometimes you have to change your strategy.
    Spock.jpg

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    Another thing is to check what your difficulty level is set to in the "J" menu. It seems to shift of its own accord occasionally, sort of how the batteries and whatnot fall out of ships and end up in inventory at the worst times (last week one of my cannons did that too, so I started setting the loadout thing which seems to stop that nonsense so far).