test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is Coming Back to Theaters

valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 11,726 Arc User
edited July 2019 in Ten Forward
This December will mark 40 years since the classic Enterprise crew starred in their first theatrical film. To commemorate this milestone, Fathom Events will host nationwide screenings of Star Trek: The Motion Picture in September.

Full article here

Smoke will be happy! :smile:
Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
thecosmic1 wrote:
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    (dreailing comment removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    valoreah wrote: »
    This December will mark 40 years since the classic Enterprise crew starred in their first theatrical film. To commemorate this milestone, Fathom Events will host nationwide screenings of Star Trek: The Motion Picture in September.

Full article here

Smoke will be happy! :smile:

Yes, I am. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Oh goody, a cure for insomnia, the miracles of 24th century medicine never cease.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    artan42 wrote: »
    Oh goody, a cure for insomnia, the miracles of 24th century medicine never cease.​​

*Shoves Artan out of the way and takes his seat* Outta m' way, boy!
    *sits down, noms on kale chips* I think I was being delivered when the film first came out.

o:) Gonna love seeing it on big screen. And I did not go to any movies since 2003, so that's saying something.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    (derailing quote removed) - darkbladejk

Maybe it's just me but I tend to separate the person and their works... A lot of people I personally do not approve of due to their actions/character but that doesnt mean I can't appreciate the works (acting, writing etc) they have done.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I have not watched that film since Collins (Decker) admitted to sexually abusing children. That won't be changing now.

Maybe it's just me but I tend to separate the person and their works... A lot of people I personally do not approve of due to their actions/character but that doesnt mean I can't appreciate the works (acting, writing etc) they have done.

1g9uUE1.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited August 2019
    (derailing post quote removed) - darkbladejk

DgzGcGb.jpg

And.........................

Si9p8cP.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    edited August 2019
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited August 2019
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    (derailing comment quote removed) - darkbladejk

Agreed completely, rattler. Pretty much my thoughts on that particular matter.

Now for my 2 EC on the actual topic: Far out and groovy! I fondly remember seeing TMP back in the late 70s/early 80s, alongside other sci-fi movies of that era. I did enjoy TOS, or at least as much as I knew at that time, so seeing the TOS crew back in action was amazing. Might be interesting to go see in the theaters after all this time.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    Hell, I despise Whoopi Goldburg as a person, but I am not divorcing TNG, nor the Guinan character.

Jamie...think they gonna have the original TMP on screen, or the director cut? o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    edited August 2019
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    (Edited to not derail the thread)

While I like TMP, I don't know whether a cinematic re-release which is probably very limited in scope is something I would attend to. However, it certainly has a different kind of pace than modern films pig-2.gif​​
    Post edited by angrytarg on
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    angrytarg wrote: »
    (Edited to not derail the thread)

While I like TMP, I don't know whether a cinematic re-release which is probably very limited in scope is something I would attend to. However, it certainly has a different kind of pace than modern films pig-2.gif​​

why if why I feel modern films are mainly TRIBBLE these days.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    edited August 2019
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited August 2019
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    edited August 2019
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2019
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Definitely seeing this again. Saw it on the week of the original release. No assigned seats back in those days. Long lines to buy your tickets. First come, first served seating. Me and my Mom sat in the very front row. For a film of this type it wasn't the best place to view it from.

So getting a much better seat this time around!
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    That's enough of this. If yall want to discuss something like that there are proper places for it, but this forum isn't one of them. /thread
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.