test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AFK Timer

Tis seriously needs to be removed from the game in all seriousness. I was in Crystaline Event to get some goods do a mission. I wasn't AFK I'm sorry my ship doesn't do 18 billion damage a second I'm sorry my ship isn't 60 billion impulse fast, yet I was punished for being AFK when I was shooting the freaking crystal just like everyone else in the mission. I have a recording of this and will post on youtube. Not all players are AFK in an event and not players use the same build. Please for the love of god remove this punishment before PVE becomes a dead zone of the game and is only for the DPSers.

Comments

• lugianitelugianite Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    spielman1 wrote: »
    Tis seriously needs to be removed from the game in all seriousness. I was in Crystaline Event to get some goods do a mission. I wasn't AFK I'm sorry my ship doesn't do 18 billion damage a second I'm sorry my ship isn't 60 billion impulse fast, yet I was punished for being AFK when I was shooting the freaking crystal just like everyone else in the mission. I have a recording of this and will post on youtube. Not all players are AFK in an event and not players use the same build. Please for the love of god remove this punishment before PVE becomes a dead zone of the game and is only for the DPSers.

This here, is a reason I am posting today, 3 years later. Honestly, get rid of it. I was still loading into the map for current Crystalline, and got marked as afk due to slow connection. First off, *really?* Second, I was shooting at the thing, if you want players to have billions of DPS, give us the gear to. going to give this one more run today, if it does not work, may be done with this game for a while. Removing foundry was one nail in the coffin, then you screwed over social zones in the game. Don't let 2019 be the end of this game.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    set your weapons to max , shoot only the big cristal , i join with level 11 toons with white gear don't get afk !!
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    if anything the afk timer needs to lowered not removed.

the only thing that need to be added/removed from the tfo's is the second a person joins a tfo the ability to set doff missions or admiralty is blocked off until the tfo is completed. most people that get afk imo is because they spent to much time in the tfo trying to either of those or both.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,712 Community Moderator
    by the power of Grayskull I banish ye necromancy to the shadow realm. /thread
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.