test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Arena of Sompek Returns!

124»

Comments

• redbofaredbofa Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The clock starts when you finish the first run through for that day.

You've been most helpful. Thank you.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I did 2 characters today. the first was smooth but the second was jumpy at the end and the rewards didn't come for maybe 20 seconds. You should get the popup to select from your choice of marks before leaving the arena.

it's a very small amount of marks.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I don't really understand how there's so much confusion around the T6 ship coupon. It's been clear from the start.
    There are a total of 3 events that qualify for earning coupon progress, and you had to complete 2 events worth of runs (42 or so days, spread across those three events), this is now the last of those three. You could have completely missed the first one, and only did 2/3 of the second and still get the ship. Once you earn 3000, you cannot earn anymore. I get that last part might be confusing at first, since that's not something typical with how STO works, usually you keep earning after you reached your goal.

If you didn't have at least 950 before the 8th (900 if you squeeze that 20h window), you cannot complete it no matter what, and you cannot keep the tokens for a future event, because there is no future event*.

950 + 500 buyout + 1550 earned this event = 3000 total.

* Cryptic officially said this is a trial run of this feature, and there are no plans to save progress. They might, they might not. It's safer to assume they will not, and any tokens you had from your non-completion will be lost after this event is over.

I got the T6 at the end of the last event, so I'm not touching this sompek with a 10m lightning rod. I had FTFO tokens saved from my two previous extra runs, so I just passed those in and got the rifle already.

Note, there is a bug, if your inventory is full when you try to claim it, the "account claim" will register, but you will not get your items. That means once you clear your inventory and claim again, you will not get the 3x FTFO reward box you should have gotten the first time. I had to report it to the GM, and I got the missing items yesterday, so it is indeed a bug.

Regarding the actual Arena mission... I really hope the unlimited queue isn't in the random list.
    If it's in the random list, it's going to be a disaster.
    The mission could theoretically go on forever, while a random group of players don't have unlimited time.
    Someone is pretty much guaranteed a leaver penalty every single time.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    As I said, no popup at all, and I stayed until the timer kicked me out. I put in a bug report and I seem to not be the only one seeing this.

Doing my daily runs and first one didn't give the choice box but did give the tfo token and 100 ship tokens mentioned in the chat log, although not gained due to already having completed that.

Just that first one (out of 4 between 2 accounts) that had it happen.
  • emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Please go back to having some events and content that has a feeling of accomplishment and feeling of reward once completed. I am not convinced these auto win super easy events are the right direction to go for long term player retention.

Couldn’t you make two versions? The easy auto pass how it is now. Then a harder optional version which give the same reward at wave 7 but extra reward and chance to fail for those that like a challenge.

Aren't most of the events easy auto pass? I've never seen a Crystalline Catastrophe fail. That's even quicker.

Now, if your point is that most STFs are time-gated … that's a different matter entirely. There is a huge failure in the concept that your DPS doesn't matter. Your ability to Tank or Heal doesn't matter. You don't need to destroy X ships. You simply need to wait for a timer to run out. That's just plain bad design. People are obsessed with getting better gear … why exactly? It doesn't do anything. Sure, you can destroy the enemy ship in 7 seconds. All that really means is that a new ship will respawn every 7 seconds instead of every 9 seconds like before you upgraded all your gear.
  • emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    Why are we still advocating AFKing?

Because some people never learned courtesy. Because some people would rather complain about the content being too easy, go AFK, and make it harder for the rest of the group.

It's too easy. I'm gonna go AFK. What a bizarre viewpoint.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    emperormak wrote: »
    Because some people never learned courtesy. Because some people would rather complain about the content being too easy, go AFK, and make it harder for the rest of the group.

Honestly AFKing this version takes LONGER, since you have to kill everything no matter what. The less effort the team puts into killing things the longer winning takes.
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Regarding the actual Arena mission... I really hope the unlimited queue isn't in the random list.
    If it's in the random list, it's going to be a disaster.
    The mission could theoretically go on forever, while a random group of players don't have unlimited time.
    Someone is pretty much guaranteed a leaver penalty every single time.
    Lol, you really think you're gonna get carried hard enough in a pug to get that far along? I admire your optimism.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    Honestly AFKing this version takes LONGER, since you have to kill everything no matter what. The less effort the team puts into killing things the longer winning takes.
    Depending on how you do it being AFK or semi AFK doesn’t have to have much of a noticeable impact if any at all. You can even outperform many active people.

What I do is move to one of the 4 corners of the centre with a long range weapon like a sniper best to use a Kinetic damage one in case Borg spawn. You pretty much cover most of the map hitting all 5 sections. I then do my 3 summons. Doing this I cover the entire map.

Every time I ran this I just kneel in the same spot with aim on and don’t move with auto fire on. Its doing no harm and even benefits the groups I am in.

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    emperormak wrote: »

Accept for done correctly being AFK makes it easier for some random PUG groups. There are different kinds of AFK and not all AFK is bad. As long as you are pulling past a certain performance level in a PUG group then there is nothing wrong with AFK or semi AFK. You might be AFK but if you are still more then pulling your weight sometimes more then the active people then what is the problem?
    Post edited by pottsey5g on
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    I suppose, if your toon is active enough, due to auto settings that it's imperceptible to the game or your teammates even though you are "away from the keyboard," then you're not really AFKing. At least, I wouldn't count it as such. You are making a contribution to the team's overall efforts.

I think it's clear that the player everyone has an issue with is the one who stands there and does absolutely nothing. There's not even the smallest contribution beyond being a target for a short while, then dying and not respawning. Effectively ineffective yet is carried by the rest of the team to the end and receives his reward along with the rest for no effort. This is true AFK.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I suppose, if your toon is active enough, due to auto settings that it's imperceptible to the game or your teammates even though you are "away from the keyboard," then you're not really AFKing. At least, I wouldn't count it as such. You are making a contribution to the team's overall efforts.

Yup, I don't like random AFK PUGs (I'm ok with AFK if agreed upon ahead of time, I would even participate on occasion).
    However if you are pulling your own weight, even if it's auto mode, that's fine for me.
    I don't need you to be running all around the map, just fire and respawn. :smile:
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    someone knows what is the attack used by the specie "m-something"? the creature has fur and a strange face, and there are small creatures with him/her/it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    someone knows what is the attack used by the specie "m-something"? the creature has fur and a strange face, and there are small creatures with him/her/it.
    Ah, the Salt Vampires. They're psykers. They create telepathic illusions to attempt to trick you into attacking your allies instead of them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    oh! ok. I was killed in 2 shots, so it was by my allies :# weird alien :p
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    ishigami2 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how I can earn/buy the Prolonged Engagement Photon Torpedo now?

I believe it's now been added to the list of Phoenix Pack Prizes... would have to check, but I think the Prolonged Engagement Set pieces were added to the rare or very rare listings.

Also is the Unlimited version of Sompek going to be the TFO with the choice from ALL reputations?
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    ishigami2 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how I can earn/buy the Prolonged Engagement Photon Torpedo now?

I believe it's now been added to the list of Phoenix Pack Prizes... would have to check, but I think the Prolonged Engagement Set pieces were added to the rare or very rare listings.

Also is the Unlimited version of Sompek going to be the TFO with the choice from ALL reputations?

Probably not, the trend seems to be eliminating the all-reps boxes from everything but FTFOs and RTFOs.
    thx for having made sompek a tfo. this tfo is really interesting out of the event.