test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nanite Plasma Blast???

seismicstormseismicstorm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Noticed this buff on me upon exiting the Sompek TFO. It was clearly placed on me by someone as I've not had it appear on any of my other toons. The visual was pretty cool and the buff itself lasted quite awhile. I'm assuming it's some type of heal but I cannot find a reference to it anywhere. Even a Google search left me high and dry. Does anyone have any info. on it?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Actually I think that's a DEbuff from the big Assimilated Gorn. They can lob an AoE blast that has assimilation nanites.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seismicstormseismicstorm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Thank you for replying. Whatever it was, the effect lasted quite some time. I'm curious as to what it's affect actually is. My toon did not appear to be losing health at all, but the one thing I neglected to do was check his stats to see if they were affected in some way.
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    Thank you for replying. Whatever it was, the effect lasted quite some time. I'm curious as to what it's affect actually is. My toon did not appear to be losing health at all, but the one thing I neglected to do was check his stats to see if they were affected in some way.

It's how they assimilate you during missions. The debuff is put on you, and then if you drop below a certain % of health, you are assimilated, which is basically an instant death, but includes you walking around attacking your teammates for a little while first.

If you're not somewhere that you can lose health, it's just pretty fireflies for 5 minutes then it goes away.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    I got assimilated the next day of sompek in a run without borgs, after getting the buff the previous day. IMO its a pretty bad game design that its not cleared during map changes...
    By that logic injuries should clear with simple map changes too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    mosul33 wrote: »
    I got assimilated the next day of sompek in a run without borgs, after getting the buff the previous day. IMO its a pretty bad game design that its not cleared during map changes...

Personally, I think it's awesome. I'd get assimilated on ESD every day if it were easy to accomplish.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Ground borg also use "forced plasma bolt", so it's probably the Gorn.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    By that logic injuries should clear with simple map changes too.

I mean to be honest I think injuries should just flat out be removed from the game period. They don't impact anything for most players other than occasionally making you use a consumable.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    felisean wrote: »
    you should try to get turned into a borg at esd/... ;)
    Well there are armed guards...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I guess with someone to help you, you could combine it with the elachi creeper trick for damage and get assimilated on ESD.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    i believe they fixed it so you can't aloha snackbar with facehuggers anymore​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    bahahahahaaa__rainbow_dash_laugh_by_misteralex-d515muw.gif
    OH GOD I'M DYING OVER HERE SHADOW! lol
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

lol I just luv that phrase. I've always held out hope that those facehuggers are just missunderstood.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    lol I just luv that phrase. I've always held out hope that those facehuggers are just missunderstood.
    Xenomorphs, maybe. Skittering Saboteurs? They're just grenades with legs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    ^^ Best laugh I've had in ages!

Did manage to bring something back with me from Sompek to DS9 last night (but have no idea what it was). Noticed I was at red alert and then my crawler mines went off inside the bank / exchange area. Lots of toxic green gas all over the place... Getting assimilated would have been more fun but it was still a surprise.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    mosul33 wrote: »

Personally, I think it's awesome. I'd get assimilated on ESD every day if it were easy to accomplish.

Yes it would but we cant have our fun :( Another time I actually got assimilated just as I was leaving but that a-hole klingon general draw 2 dual pistols and killed me before I could press the "Leave" button :/ I wanted to punch him so bad lol
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I'd gladly deal with an assimilated captain than face that damn disco ball again
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
This discussion has been closed.