test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PSA: Unannounced Ship XP Changes - No Need To Panic

2»

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I was in Argala quite a bit yesterday and had no lag.

What I did notice, while they are awarding the XP and Expertise on exit, they still show you the amount of each individual award as you kill it. So, I assume, that the display does not contribute to lag but the actual update does.

That makes sense, it still has to count up the points and just throwing the messages on an outbound stack to keep the client side program happy and storing the count probably does not take a lot of resources compared to actually integrating it on the server during a busy scenario, especially if it has to do a lot of lookups on whatever server the characters are stored on outside of the scenario.
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    I have been experiencing problems with no ship level advancements in TFOs
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    rickpaaa wrote: »

That's probably too vague to help.

Try to narrow this down to some specific TFOs, and double-check that you really did not receive any XP at all (check exact mastery XP before and after). Then report the details in the bugs subforum.

For example, "I tested Hoop-Jumping Advanced on Xbox, Mastery before and after was xxxxx'

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    rickpaaa wrote: »

Some of the TFO seem to have less ship XP than others and as far as I know of that has always been the case (though if you are getting different results from the same TFO from run to run there might be some problem). Also, I think the scenario scaling might have some rough spots, since experience gains (including for the ship) seem to slow a bit as you push past level 60.
This discussion has been closed.