Install Arc
Options

2019/2020 roadmap

Comments

• Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Here is the Roadmap:

New Patrol system because people found the existing ones were hard to find. (Those must have been the same people that got lost in the old Exploration Clusters).

To be honest, the current patrol system is mostly left over from the original Klingon Warfront missions. I remember them, from my original account, but they definitely need a good makeover.

Since it's not necessary anymore to complete the story arc, and they tend to be away enough from the main mission planets, they tend to be overlooked by the new guys.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Kelvin Klingon "Warbird", USS Kelvin, maybe a Kelvin Timeline shuttle...

It's been ages since I watched Star Trek 2009, so I forget what the other ships there were available. Maybe I should dig up the DVD.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    starkaos wrote: »
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    They probably keep the "remarkable" for the 10th anniversary celebrations as it is a significant milestone that not many mmo games get to experience anymore
    Well, the storyline that is supposed to "change the face of the game" is supposed to start around/shortly after the 10th anniv, so likely.

So our Captains will no longer be genocidal maniacs?
    Well, we never have been, unless you roleplayed your character like that.

It's not genocide if the enemy sends a dozen waves of ships at you to kill you and you instead kill those ships. That's on the guy sending those ships. You're just defending yourself. It is not like we're in the system to blow up their home world. We're just there to investigate some matter or help someone or whatever. Nothing we do forces them to throw lives away, they do it on their own.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Since they are giving us ships I hope some of them are ships from Wolf 359 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=33lQdDUOzbY
  • Options
    ozzymiteozzymite Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Does anyone know once you get the 3000 tokens for the free t6 ship how long you have to use them before they disappear or become useless? Still trying to figure out what ship i want when i get the 3000 and which character i'll use.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Token never expires. When you get to 3,000 get the Token, don't leave it unclaimed as it is an item and not a ledger entry like the 3,000. Who knows what could happen with a ledger entry.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    The Token never expires. When you get to 3,000 get the Token, don't leave it unclaimed as it is an item and not a ledger entry like the 3,000. Who knows what could happen with a ledger entry.

ok so once you get 3000 you turn it in to get a token and that you use to get the ship...thanks :) once i get the token will it still be attached to the account for all characters to use or to the character that got the token?
    Post edited by ozzymite on
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    ozzymite wrote: »

ok so once you get 3000 you turn it in to get a token and that you use to get the ship...thanks :) once i get the token will it still be attached to the account for all characters to use or to the character that got the token?

As far as I can tell the token is account wide, that said once you get it you'll be able to use it only once and have to get a new token to use it again.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    The token will account-wide unlock whichever ship that you buy with it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options

ok thank you
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ok thank you
    It's a 100% off discount to buying a ship, so it functions as if you spent the zen to buy it normally.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options

ok thank you

seems it is not account wide.. I got the token and it ended up in one of my characters inventory and don't have any idea how the others then can use it :(
  • Options

ok thank you

seems it is not account wide.. I got the token and it ended up in one of my characters inventory and don't have any idea how the others then can use it :(

Have you tried using the account bank? That's how you can use items on other characters that are account bound.
  • Options

ok thank you

You just use it to buy the ship you want from the C-Store. The ship that you buy then becomes account-wide unlocked. If the coupon is on your Federation character and you want to buy a KDF ship, then transfer it to your KDF character through your account bank and then buy the KDF ship from the C-Store.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options

ok thank you

You just use it to buy the ship you want from the C-Store. The ship that you buy then becomes account-wide unlocked. If the coupon is on your Federation character and you want to buy a KDF ship, then transfer it to your KDF character through your account bank and then buy the KDF ship from the C-Store.

??how can the ship become account wide if the ships i have now are character/faction specific?? (i'm a free player)
  • Options
    spiritborn wrote: »

ok thank you

Have you tried using the account bank? That's how you can use items on other characters that are account bound.

The only bank account that i have is what free players get don't have anything else :(
  • Options

ok thank you

The only bank account that i have is what free players get don't have anything else :(

Well the account bank is very useful, it's well worth the cost and there's few account bound stuff that can be transfered only thru the account bank.

and you unlock it thru the Z-store, it's 1000 zen to unlock the account bank IIRC.
  • Options

ok thank you

Well the account bank is very useful, it's well worth the cost and there's few account bound stuff that can be transfered only thru the account bank.

and you unlock it thru the Z-store, it's 1000 zen to unlock the account bank IIRC.

Bummer and i've only got 700 from dilithium mining :( guess this character is stuck with the token..should have not traded the 3000 tokens in until i was ready to decide what character i was going to use the t6 token on but my understanding from what others said was that the token would be account bound and wide...
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited August 2019

ok thank you

Bummer and i've only got 700 from dilithium mining :( guess this character is stuck with the token..should have not traded the 3000 tokens in until i was ready to decide what character i was going to use the t6 token on but my understanding from what others said was that the token would be account bound and wide...

Keep it and dont spend it yet and buy the account bank slots soon - when you can

if there is one thing that is a must in this game its the account bank. In reality all free to play games got some "must have" things and its logical since they need to get at least a min financing from each one
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And the EC cap unlock.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options

ok thank you

As other have said the token won't expire anytime soon and you can buy the account bank when you can (btw your Zen is account wide so you can use all your characters to build enough zen if there's something specific you want from the Z-store) and once you have the account bank you can transfer the token to the character you wish to use it.
  • Options

ok thank you

??how can the ship become account wide if the ships i have now are character/faction specific?? (i'm a free player)

OK, what Faction was the character that you claimed it on, and what Faction ship are you wanting to get with the coupon?
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    That same 1000z for Acct Bank and you can get the Elite Services Starter Pack, which gives you extra inventory space, acct bank space, 2 BOFF slots and 3 retrain tokens. Well worth it, IMO.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    That same 1000z for Acct Bank and you can get the Elite Services Starter Pack, which gives you extra inventory space, acct bank space, 2 BOFF slots and 3 retrain tokens. Well worth it, IMO.
    The ESSP does not contain account bank, just regular bank slots.
  • Options
    Oh, they must have changed it after I bought it then.

Figures. That was why I bought it on my F2P. For the acct bank.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    The roadmap looks solid, though not particularly remarkable. It looks more like a retrenchment map than a growth map if you get what I mean.

I had been hoping and continue to hope that they will introduce space and ground maps in which we can test builds and equipment that is consistently repeatable with no cool down - rewards unnecessary. I want to be able to jump into and out of a map and compare performance after making tweaks to builds so I can compare consoles, weapons, or traits. Sure, I could do a 4/5 patrol like Japoori getting an accurate read on performance would be easier if we didn't have to bother with keeping track of the number of waves completed, stopping the parser, then flying out of combat to leave the map.

They probably keep the "remarkable" for the 10th anniversary celebrations as it is a significant milestone that not many mmo games get to experience anymore

Off the top of my head only Everquest, World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XIV(questionble due the relaunch) and Star Trek Online can claim to have ran for 10 years or more for a semi-main stream MMOs. There's few that could be "maybe" from MMOs I've played but I can't remember that launch dates atm so I didn't include them.

You left out ultima online from 1997, meridian 59 from 1996 and eve online from 2003. Not to mention TOR is coming up on 10 years soon. Though I doubt it'll be around much longer after that
    They have stated several times that all canon ships will made as T6

They've said alot of things over the years that never ended up happening. Don't get your hopes up. and even if it did happen, most of them will be behind loot boxes and/or the lobi store
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Oh, they must have changed it after I bought it then.

Figures. That was why I bought it on my F2P. For the acct bank.
    That was the old Elite Starter Pack (without the "Service").
  • Options
    Ah. Still it's a good deal even if it doesn't have the acct bank anymore. Now I remember hearing about the change and was glad I'd gotten the old one before it was changed.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    The roadmap looks solid, though not particularly remarkable. It looks more like a retrenchment map than a growth map if you get what I mean.

I had been hoping and continue to hope that they will introduce space and ground maps in which we can test builds and equipment that is consistently repeatable with no cool down - rewards unnecessary. I want to be able to jump into and out of a map and compare performance after making tweaks to builds so I can compare consoles, weapons, or traits. Sure, I could do a 4/5 patrol like Japoori getting an accurate read on performance would be easier if we didn't have to bother with keeping track of the number of waves completed, stopping the parser, then flying out of combat to leave the map.

Off the top of my head only Everquest, World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XIV(questionble due the relaunch) and Star Trek Online can claim to have ran for 10 years or more for a semi-main stream MMOs. There's few that could be "maybe" from MMOs I've played but I can't remember that launch dates atm so I didn't include them.

You left out ultima online from 1997, meridian 59 from 1996 and eve online from 2003. Not to mention TOR is coming up on 10 years soon. Though I doubt it'll be around much longer after that
    I mentioned only games I've played or can remember the launch date for (I have played SWTOR but didn't remember launch date at the time I wrote that).

I've never played "meridian 59" (and honestly I'm not sure that would count as "semi-mainstream" anyway), as for Ultima and as Eve I didn't remember the launch dates so rather then make myself look like an idiot by claiming a wrong launch date, I left those out.

"off the top of my head" means after all what I can remember at that point without doing too much research on the topic so, it doesn't exclude others (in fact most of the time when that phrasing is used there are others).
This discussion has been closed.