test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS Bridge is still having problems.

2»

Comments

• srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    because the disco connie comes with the wrong bridge i wanted to buy this one like the only similiar one to the series
    but when i read this i wont buy it until its fixed.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Remember that the TOS Bridge Pack was given away for free late in the day on September 8th, 2016 as part of the 50th Anniversary.

That is not a scott free on the perceived phlegmatic behavior towards all the ppl that bought it.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Remember that the TOS Bridge Pack was given away for free late in the day on September 8th, 2016 as part of the 50th Anniversary.

That is not a scott free on the perceived phlegmatic behavior towards all the ppl that bought it.

Especially since it hasn't been made free permanently and is now back at the original asking price. In fact, the remark that once it was given away one day was completely superflous and added nothing to the topic.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Beg to differ. Giving many away free has diluted the return they received and potential for future sales. Less incentive to devote precious resources to fix.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It could be free, it could be paid.. it's irrelevant.

They don't fix bridges. Again.. this will never be fixed.. ever.

Best to just move on.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    And again... if this is the measure of their professionalism, there will be less and less income. They're certainly not getting any money from me. They need to attend to these things, or they WILL lose customers. I consider that significant.

Cryptic has said before that bridges are not profitable for them. Given the amount of manpower it takes to build one compared to the amount of money they bring in, they decided a few years back that this was a losing endeavor for them and moved on. I want to be clear, this is not me saying I like this or that I think it's right.. frankly, I think it sucks.. but it is what it is.

I know you think this will cost them, but it won't and that's the exact reason they ignore it. There just isn't enough demand for bridges and most people just look at this, shrug and move on. I know personally, I never use my ship bridge because it's just not really good for anything. The officers are sitting on the floor, they're not the officers I designated as my 'bridge crew,' some unknown scrub is sitting in my first officers chair.. it's all silly.

Since I know that it will never be fixed, I just stopped using the bridge. It's a lousy option, I know.. but I am afraid it's your only one. I applaud you for your efforts, I just don't want you to waste your time fighting a battle that can't be won, that's all. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I agree, this should be fixed. I go to my bridge quite often just to feel like I'm really in the game. My first captain is a TOS captain and he uses the TOS bridge (When he can, that is "IF" the ship doesn't have that standard ugly one room bridge interior). The template officers are the only ones on the bridge, I have no idea where my bridge officers are.

It's as if during the fix, the programmer ran out of time and they just left it.

If they aren't willing to fix bridges, perhaps they should let the players do the fixing by allowing us to customize the bridge areas?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    You can get your officers in lieu of the default ones by switching them through your active away team. But you have to do that every time you restart the game, it's like they are just stored for the bridge to use them if they are 'activated' like that. I think.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    It's 2023 now, and the TOS bridge still has crew sitting in the floor/inside the seats rather than on them.
    Might be low-priority cosmetic devs-don't-care issues like so many have stated before, but some players do use their bridges, and what's the point of cosmetic bridge officers (that we pay real $$$ for) like the TOS hologram crew if you can't get a nerdgasm from seeing the OG crew sitting on your ship's bridge? So, yeah, it's a money/profit/rip-off issue. If people won't purchase from the Z-Store because of bugs like this, you're losing money and wasting effort, devs.
    This game is buggy enough in so many ways with little-to-no visible signs of fixing issues but oh they can re-release those whale bundles and SALE SALE SALE day in and day out. I bought the retro stuff (ships, crew, etc.) for the LOOK, not the gameplay, and I have buyer's remorse, so fix it already!
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    ovrkyl wrote: »
    It's 2023 now, and the TOS bridge still has crew sitting in the floor/inside the seats rather than on them.
    Might be low-priority cosmetic devs-don't-care issues like so many have stated before, but some players do use their bridges, and what's the point of cosmetic bridge officers (that we pay real $$$ for) like the TOS hologram crew if you can't get a nerdgasm from seeing the OG crew sitting on your ship's bridge? So, yeah, it's a money/profit/rip-off issue. If people won't purchase from the Z-Store because of bugs like this, you're losing money and wasting effort, devs.
    This game is buggy enough in so many ways with little-to-no visible signs of fixing issues but oh they can re-release those whale bundles and SALE SALE SALE day in and day out. I bought the retro stuff (ships, crew, etc.) for the LOOK, not the gameplay, and I have buyer's remorse, so fix it already!

If I could give a thumbs up emote to your reply I would. I think this will "fall on deaf ears" as the expression goes. One voice will drown in a sea of millions. Good luck. :)