What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Arena of Sompek Returns!

Comments

• captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    > @fleetcaptain5#1134 said:
    >
    > The only reason there were debates was because some people were too dumb to realise that players active in the untimed version were more likely to want to get as far as possible, whereas that was likely different for those in the max-20-min versions…
    >

Take your offensive agression elsewhere. What you're saying is that you think the two queues should be played in certain ways, and anyone who disagrees with you is dumb.

The change simplifies things for everyone while the event is running.

And if you're now considering AFKing it, that says more about you than it does the event design.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    >
    > The only reason there were debates was because some people were too dumb to realise that players active in the untimed version were more likely to want to get as far as possible, whereas that was likely different for those in the max-20-min versions…
    >

Take your offensive agression elsewhere. What you're saying is that you think the two queues should be played in certain ways, and anyone who disagrees with you is dumb.

And if you're now considering AFKing it, that says more about you than it does the event design.
    Oversimplifying things is not automatically better though as it makes the content less enjoyable by stripping all the fun away. As for being AFK no it doesn't say more about us then the mission. It says more about the bad new changes then it does us. There is no point in playing the first few waves, they are so easy the entire group can activate a few powers in the first few seconds walk away AFK and not only no one will die with a decent build but still complete the waves in no time at all while AFK.

This no fail, auto win, auto handout nonsense is ruining the enjoyment of playing content. There is no difference in the team being AFK or playing it. The team can all just stand in the middle AFK and watch everything die.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2019
    Nice. I did the first EVENT for progress 1050 of 3000, so I will try to see if I can earn 1400 this time, yet that only get me to 2450. Then I just need to buy a TOP-UP item 500 to get to 2950, yet still could not finish; so I think I will PASS and save myself time.

Even missing just one event I'm likely to be 50 short of acquiring the 100% coupon, so NO POINT even doing this event. The coupon should be accumulative earning 20% at certain progress; so that way everybody earns something. Many with partial progress would be happy to have a 40%, 60%, or 80% coupon if they fell short of the final goal. Perhaps a NOTE for future similar type offerings if it's ever done again... ...a sort of graduated tiering coupon. <3

@ambassadorkael#6946

-small thumbs down- All because I missed the middle event do to Summer.

Seems Q tried to assimilate or attempt to test my resolve. Thankfully I fell just short by being assimilated--was only briefly. I'll need to buy Julian Bashir's wife Whose the Captain of the ship he serves on. I suspect a bottle Picard for her quick thinking warrants some Energy Credit. ;)

Still hoping for T6 DYSON Ships to return... ...though I believe Nova is on the RADAR! ;)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Here is what is going on:

Sompek EVENT is 21-day, and is a 7 Round and done TFO. At the end of the tipping point in the 7th Round the TFO is completed and you get your Rewards, which includes the T6 Ship Coupons (50 per day unless a Bonus Weekend then 100 a day), 1 Featured TFO Commendation and other sundry Marks and Dilithium. The TFO will not FAIL if all participants are dead simultaneously.

14 successful days completed in the Sompek EVENT and you get your EVENT Rewards, which includes the Rifle Account Unlock, 50k Dilitium, 500 Fleet Marks, and a 250 Marks Choice Box (which will include Discovery Marks) for the Character that runs it. Also three Account Bound TFO Reward Boxes.

They will be selling a C-Store TFO Commendation Bundle, which will include 10 Featured TFO Commendations, 500 T6 Ship Coupons, and 1 Ultimate Upgrade Token. For the first Weekend it will cost 800 Zen, thereafter 1,000. One per Account for this EVENT.

After the 21-day Sompek EVENT is over, the Unlimited Round Sompek TFO will be added to the normal TFO list. Run it as any other TFO and play as many Rounds as you can until your eyes bleed. If all participants die simultaneously in the normal Sompek the TFO is over.

If you had any of the old Weekend Event Vouchers, they are now worthless as it is after August 1st. They told you this in June.

Sompek will now be either a Featured TFO Event or a normal TFO availible anytime. It will nevermore be a Weekend Event.

There will probably be TWO Bonus T6 Ship Coupon Werkends during this EVENT.

The MAXIMUM number of T6 Ship Coupons you could get during this EVENT is 2,050. If you don't have at least 950 T6 Ship Coupons before the EVENT starts you will NOT be able to get the Free T6 Ship Token, PERIOD.

500 from the C-Store Bundle
    1,000 (10 days) from two Bonus Weekends that you must do early on Thursday after patching and ensure you have timed it right to be able to do it on the Monday before the Bonus Weekend expires.
    550 for Normal daily runs for the other 11 days of the EVENT.

i dont like guessing about these weekend t6 coupon bonuses. There 'should' be some to make sure people can complete these, having previously done some before which only makes it fair. My personal position is that even with the 1000 zen (800zen) buyout for 500 xp, i still won't make so won't bother spending money on that unless there are weekend coupon bonuses. You know what cryptic is like. What should be done and what is done are sometimes less than stellar.
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Your Last Chance at a Free Ship!

Is that title implying if you haven't started it already you will miss it completely? Or will the T6 free ship vouchers/coupons carry over when it returns another time? Bit confused.

I'd kinda like to know this as well. Along with what the OP is asking, what does this mean for those of us who already completed getting all of the vouchers earlier? Will we still be getting vouchers to go for another coupon at some point in the future, or is there some sort of alternate option?

I'd say when they say 'Last Chance', it implies that this program of being able to get a free T6 ship is being ended with this event. Thus, while you might end up with extra vouchers or not enough vouchers, these will simply be worthless after this event, as they will never again offer these (much like the special Event rewards are now specific to that particular event and year, and can't be used for anything after).
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Having got the ship coupon and enough tokens to skip this entirely on both accounts I might do so but that will mean burning my stash of tokens I should be saving for the horrendous kamikaze maru. At least they've shown a modicum of sense by trimming the time requirement which would have been a huge ask for a multiweek event.

I still do think that it was a mistake to remove weekenders from the events in favour of timepadding and bums on seats over new (&potentially enjoyable) content.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2019
    redwren89 wrote: »
    Here is what is going on:

Sompek EVENT is 21-day, and is a 7 Round and done TFO. At the end of the tipping point in the 7th Round the TFO is completed and you get your Rewards, which includes the T6 Ship Coupons (50 per day unless a Bonus Weekend then 100 a day), 1 Featured TFO Commendation and other sundry Marks and Dilithium. The TFO will not FAIL if all participants are dead simultaneously.

14 successful days completed in the Sompek EVENT and you get your EVENT Rewards, which includes the Rifle Account Unlock, 50k Dilitium, 500 Fleet Marks, and a 250 Marks Choice Box (which will include Discovery Marks) for the Character that runs it. Also three Account Bound TFO Reward Boxes.

They will be selling a C-Store TFO Commendation Bundle, which will include 10 Featured TFO Commendations, 500 T6 Ship Coupons, and 1 Ultimate Upgrade Token. For the first Weekend it will cost 800 Zen, thereafter 1,000. One per Account for this EVENT.

After the 21-day Sompek EVENT is over, the Unlimited Round Sompek TFO will be added to the normal TFO list. Run it as any other TFO and play as many Rounds as you can until your eyes bleed. If all participants die simultaneously in the normal Sompek the TFO is over.

If you had any of the old Weekend Event Vouchers, they are now worthless as it is after August 1st. They told you this in June.

Sompek will now be either a Featured TFO Event or a normal TFO availible anytime. It will nevermore be a Weekend Event.

There will probably be TWO Bonus T6 Ship Coupon Werkends during this EVENT.

The MAXIMUM number of T6 Ship Coupons you could get during this EVENT is 2,050. If you don't have at least 950 T6 Ship Coupons before the EVENT starts you will NOT be able to get the Free T6 Ship Token, PERIOD.

1,000 (10 days) from two Bonus Weekends that you must do early on Thursday after patching and ensure you have timed it right to be able to do it on the Monday before the Bonus Weekend expires.

i dont like guessing about these weekend t6 coupon bonuses. There 'should' be some to make sure people can complete these, having previously done some before which only makes it fair. My personal position is that even with the 1000 zen (800zen) buyout for 500 xp, i still won't make so won't bother spending money on that unless there are weekend coupon bonuses. You know what cryptic is like. What should be done and what is done are sometimes less than stellar.

I'd agree. You'd think it be in Cryptic's best Interest to have each day's worth of the event generate an Increasing % of (50/3000) 0.01667 or 1.67% each day. Then at least those who don't finish can still buy ZEN with the coupon they've earned if they allowed a 40%, 60%, 80%, and then 100% Tiering Coupon.

DENOTE: My NOTE above - seems they require you earning some of the double progress tiers if your understanding is correct. Realize in the first event alone I earned 1050 Progress but that was also with one weekend with double progress the first 3-4 days. ;)

@ambassadorkael#6946

You'd think they could revise or denote 4 Tiers as shown above, depending how much progress you'd generate. But might be a little late...
    0zxlclk.png
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    >
    >

I can think of only one reason why my comment would be offensive to you...
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    >
    >

Oversimplifying things is not automatically better though as it makes the content less enjoyable by stripping all the fun away. As for being AFK no it doesn't say more about us then the mission. It says more about the bad new changes then it does us. There is no point in playing the first few waves, they are so easy the entire group can activate a few powers in the first few seconds walk away AFK and not only no one will die with a decent build but still complete the waves in no time at all while AFK.

This no fail, auto win, auto handout nonsense is ruining the enjoyment of playing content. There is no difference in the team being AFK or playing it. The team can all just stand in the middle AFK and watch everything die.

This.

And besides, as noted before, it is basically what they are encouraging players to do. Like it or not @captainkoltar , the changes obviously point in that direction. They don't want the event to be played or else they would allow players to fully play it.

That has nothing to do with me. I didn't make these changes, if that wasn't clear.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User

For clarity, I wasn't talking about the benefits or otherwise of simplifying the mission itself - I was talking about clarifying how it is supposed to be played while the event is running.

And I've not found that it's possible to just go AFK and win. That may be the case for you and your build, but I suspect for the vast majority of players it simply isn't true.

And I'm sorry, but being happy to AFK the mission and possibly ruin it for the players who do enjoy playing it? Nope, I don't see how that says anything about the mission design - sorry.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You will not be able to get to Round 7 if you just stand around AFKing. You can ditch that 'disaster of biblical proportions' nonsense.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    > @avoozuul said:
    > They probably could've done two and make only the limited one give you the event rewards. I won't be able to beat my last record now that there's only a limited one.

There's only a limited one during the event window, and only an unlimited one after that. The people who just want their token have to do a couple of more rounds than previously, in exchange for not getting in the way of people going for accolades, and the accolade hunters have to give up a few weeks of being able to chase records in exchange for having more time to do so outside the event.

Both camps give up something and get something they want... that's pretty much the definition of compromise, no?
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    danqueller wrote: »

Is that title implying if you haven't started it already you will miss it completely? Or will the T6 free ship vouchers/coupons carry over when it returns another time? Bit confused.

I'd kinda like to know this as well. Along with what the OP is asking, what does this mean for those of us who already completed getting all of the vouchers earlier? Will we still be getting vouchers to go for another coupon at some point in the future, or is there some sort of alternate option?

I'd say when they say 'Last Chance', it implies that this program of being able to get a free T6 ship is being ended with this event. Thus, while you might end up with extra vouchers or not enough vouchers, these will simply be worthless after this event, as they will never again offer these (much like the special Event rewards are now specific to that particular event and year, and can't be used for anything after).

I thought they said during one of their Ten Forward Weekly streams that they were going to condense all the vouchers so that they can be reused another time if they ever decide to do it again, including future event ships (so there is no need for yearly timed lockout requirements).

If that isn't the case well.

5da2d24e0df764e3aa1748fec1c78e1d.gif

Thanks Cryptic, but no thanks.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

Technically, you could get 2300. 500 from the buyout pack, 500 extra from two double progress weekends (assumed based on the previous two times) and 1300 from the standard reward on 26 possible runs at 20 hours apart during the roughly 505 hours that it will be available.

Now, that is if you have a flexible enough schedule to essentially build your life around running the TFO for three weeks, including setting alarms to get up on time. What you posted is accurate for a more reasonable method of doing things.
    I might actually fire one or two shots and then go AFK while I let my team continue the other six rounds. A thing I would never even have considered doing before.

But it is basically what Cryptic appears to want us to do. We're not even allowed to try and get beyond the most basic of basics. So why bother at all then?

If I see that from anyone, I'll stop, too. Maybe we can get a Sompek standoff situation going where everyone does, and see who blinks first? You'll get your version back every day that it isn't running as a featured event, which will be the vast majority of the time, stop thinking about how you're not getting exactly what you want for the insignificant minority of the time.You're coming out way ahead of what we have had up to this point, where it was only available at all less than 10% of the time, plus the version that you like will no longer be hindered by people who don't want to do it your way.
    tomilak wrote: »
    When this first went up on the calendar, it was offering weekend vouchers, so I figured they were gonna do the right thing for us with weekend stuff we still havent had the chance to get either due to not being able to do it or other reasons, After reading this I am dissapointed to find out that they have decided to not do the right thing after all for some of us without extra weekend vouchers. NO CONFIDENCE is what I have in what STO does from this time foreward.
    ALSO the 21 day grinds every month for the last going on 8 months is too much, the 20 hour clock and having to make sure you do it every day the same time for soooo many days is alot of grind and 0 fun. If a game is not fun your not enjoying your time on the game.

There were many opportunities for Weekend Event Vouchers during their runs. Many people ended up with all of the rewards and upward of 20 extra vouchers. If you didn't get them, that was on you. They are giving you the opportunity to get those things in the Phoenix Prize Pack. Considering that you couldn't be bothered to do the content when it was here, that's your only option.

These 21 day Featured TFOs aren't every month, you only have to do them 14 times during the period that they are active, and the only treason to even think about the 20 hour timer for a reasonable player is to make sure that you don't do it too early to be rewarded. They obviously don't alienate the players as a whole or they would stop happening.
    >
    >

I have been on a couple of groups that didn't make it through wave four. It's rare, but realize that not everyone is you. They don't all bring their best characters. They don't all have the best gear, and they don't all understand the mechanics of ground combat that well. This isn't auto-win. You will have to put in some amount of effort. Maybe the event version won't be a significant challenge to you, but do realize that you'll now be carrying level 10 players sometimes if you random queue. Those players will likely be thrown in with a team of level 65s, making an average level of 54, where the level 10 will not be very effective. Worse cases will be when you have a single level 40 with the rest level 65, bringing the average to 60, meaning the NPCs will be at about the top of the difficulty curve, with a player using possibly Mk X gear, if you're lucky, and no reputation traits or spec points. That person will spend the entire TFO running, dying, and waiting on the respawn timer. Try it yourself sometime. a non-twinked, or even really a twinked, level 40 in the Arena with the enemies at 60 and see just how auto-win it feels for you.
    danqueller wrote: »

I thought they said during one of their Ten Forward Weekly streams that they were going to condense all the vouchers so that they can be reused another time if they ever decide to do it again, including future event ships (so there is no need for yearly timed lockout requirements).

If that isn't the case well.

Thanks Cryptic, but no thanks.

They were talking about the Featured TFO vouchers and the like, not the intangible vouchers for the coupon. Last we heard, they hadn't decided on whether there would be any further runs of that "meta-event" in the future. As an aside, there is no such thing as "too many" coupon vouchers, as you stop earning them once you get the coupon.

It would be nice if we knew, one way or another, if there will be a rerun of this for people who haven't finished.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    READ WHAT THEY SAID

There is no fail for Sompek Event Version. If all five are dead simultaneously the TFO will still continue. You resurrect and push on. You will get to Round 7. It may take longer but you will get there. Just don't Queue up equipped like a knucklehead.

The Unlimited Round Version that used to be availible for maybe two Weekends (10 days max) a year, will now be availible for 323 to 344 days a year. An increase of 3,230%. Stop whining already.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    Level 10's really should be working on their missions. I'm sure they'll be fabulously equipped :#
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Gonna go more than 7 rounds myself.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    @smokebailey, it won't be possible to go more than 7 rounds during the FTFO event. It ends at 7 rounds.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    For this Free Ship thing, I believe there's been plenty more than 3000 available points; not counting the ones you can buy. While not as big of a cushion as the Summer Event, I'll take a wild guess and say that 4500 points (counting the next event too) were available.

While it does suck if you get 2950 points because you missed the one of the events, its no different than people who missed out on any of the other event ships. It just feels worse since this event has taken months to complete. Maybe it'll be like Family Feud rounds, where the last round is worth more than the previous ones and anyone at, say 50%, is able to complete it just with the last event?

On the flip side, some of us that bought the 500 coupon points completed the 3000 early and most of the last event and this one will give us 0 coupon points since it seems anything over 3000 is wasted. Had I known that, I might not have bought the 500 points. (Or maybe I would have... skipping 10 Breach runs when there were AFKers everywhere was very nice. :D )
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    @smokebailey, it won't be possible to go more than 7 rounds during the FTFO event. It ends at 7 rounds.

>_<;;
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Are the waves timed or end once all mobs are defeated? I can't remember, but it might take longer to AFK this than it would take to breeze through.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited August 2019
    anodynes wrote: »
    I have been on a couple of groups that didn't make it through wave four. It's rare, but realize that not everyone is you. They don't all bring their best characters. They don't all have the best gear, and they don't all understand the mechanics of ground combat that well. This isn't auto-win. You will have to put in some amount of effort. Maybe the event version won't be a significant challenge to you, but do realize that you'll now be carrying level 10 players sometimes if you random queue. Those players will likely be thrown in with a team of level 65s, making an average level of 54, where the level 10 will not be very effective. Worse cases will be when you have a single level 40 with the rest level 65, bringing the average to 60, meaning the NPCs will be at about the top of the difficulty curve, with a player using possibly Mk X gear, if you're lucky, and no reputation traits or spec points. That person will spend the entire TFO running, dying, and waiting on the respawn timer. Try it yourself sometime. a non-twinked, or even really a twinked, level 40 in the Arena with the enemies at 60 and see just how auto-win it feels for you.
    Look at it from the other side. Not everyone is a new player, not everyone has non tweaked weaker characters. So why do all the events and most new content have to be tweaked to start and mid game style content? Why do we never get end game content anymore? There is less end game now then years back which is unhealthy for an MMO and unhealthy for long term player retention. I don’t have a problem with there being an easier version for the lower level none tweaked characters. But why can they not make harder versions or some hard events for the high level end game?

Sto is in desperate need for the old style raids and some real challenging and rewarding end game content to play with a group of experienced friends. I still don't understand why all this style of content was removed from the game. The best times I had was playing this style of content before it was removed.

A good MMO should make content for a wide range of players. Ignoring the people who have been in game for years and only focusing on low level players, easy handouts and none tweaked characters is bad for long term player retention. I am just about to leave another fleet and look for a new one again because all the long term high level players quit one reason they left is all the new content like this event feeling like auto hand out, super easy, unrewarding to play. The removal of end game content and lack of development of new end game content looks to me like its hurting STO and hurting player retention.

EDIT: I bet if they made a get to level 7 version with the main reward and a get to level 50 event version with a minor but rare reward even if its just a title there would be a group of players playing and enjoying the challenge of level 50 or level 100.

Post edited by pottsey5g on
    The unlimited version already has titles that are awarded the higher you go, and an emote unlock.
    GrWzQke.png
    The unlimited version already has titles that are awarded the higher you go, and an emote unlock.
    It has but wouldn't it be better to do the main event reward at lvl 7 then some minor event extra rewards at high level to increase player engagement?
    You don't have a Sompek at all now. Consider Sompek as two different TFOs. One is an Event Version and one will now be a regular TFO, THAT YOU DON'T HAVE AT ALL NOW.

Breech was the same. One for the Event, much shorter, and one for normal TFO play. You could not do the normal TFO when doing the Event. Certain Areas were not operational.

Crystalline had two versions, one with static and one without.

The problem with Sompek, with the two versions at once, knuckleheads would Queue for the untimed version and try to do 5 and done. This prevents that. They are addressing the general nonsense, or no sense, of parts of the player base. You know the ones that got lost in the old Exploration Clusters, can't find Patrols, think that you should do the untimed for 5 and done.

How long would you need to wait to get your Accolade Points under the old set up - a year? Now you will have only 21 days out of 365 where you cant get those Accolade Points that you can spend... on what was that exactly?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    It has but wouldn't it be better to do the main event reward at lvl 7 then some minor event extra rewards at high level to increase player engagement?

We already had that in the previous iteration. They've improved it. You're welcome.
    GrWzQke.png
    Yes, if you only are able to get four bonuses out of this Weekend, that would be 400 right there, giving you 2,600. The remaining 400 could be made up easily in 8 days of the remaining 17. There will most probably be another Bonus Weekend as well. So 12 days for the Coupon completion. You will need 2 more for the TFO Reward.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Well here is my 2ec. I look at the event as a warm up and testing for the unlimited one.

Don't like it? Don't want it? Don't feel like its worth the time, effort, or progress for some kill accolades it will provide not found any where else in this game any more?

Then skip it and call it a day go and do what you want to.

Want the reward? want the accolade progress? think it is worth your time to PLAY (<- As in be active and real participate in it.) the event then by all means join in with me. I know i will be playing it before and after the event so far level 54 is as high as i have made it. I want that level 100!!

Either case have fun and play the content you want to and enjoy your time in this fantasy world we can escape to. If a event brings stress to you its not worth it as its a game not a thing more or less.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »
    I like the change to the Arena, now people who just want to get their token won't interfere with the endurance people and vice versa. No more asking in chat for 5'n'Die teams. :D

So the infinite people do the 7 round 'warm up' battle then they can queue for the 'real' Arena.
    Also, AFKing now gets you nothing if the rest of the team can't beat wave 7. :D The event version only ends in victory, and you have to make the enemy things die. So if the team sucks hard enough it might take MORE than 20 minutes. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg