test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How are people creating micro-sized captains?

wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
The in-game "race" with largest height range is "Alien" which can range in starting height from 4 ft to just under 7 ft.
(and then in advanced screen you can make legs, torso, neck, feet even shorter/taller)
I have one 4ft char (Dark Helmet...you may know the reference) and another 7 ft char.

However, I've seen in game a few times recently a few characters that are significantly smaller than 4 ft...in the 2ft to 3ft range.
Is there some trick to doing that? Or is it some type of bug/exploit?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I sort of wondered this myself.

They're very interesting characters, especially when they're hauling around a Boolean cannon or some other BFG lol.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I've noticed some of these 'Munchkins' around and wondered how they could be created as such.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    You can also alter limb and torso length. Maybe that's how?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Yea... I'm thinking its torso and limb lingth set to the absolute minimum.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Just more tailor hacking? Like how they can add tails and stuff to aliens....wear Orion gear as a Fed....wear Risa gear anywhere. I always figured that was what they did but maybe I'm wrong?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Just more tailor hacking? Like how they can add tails and stuff to aliens....wear Orion gear as a Fed....wear Risa gear anywhere. I always figured that was what they did but maybe I'm wrong?

I don't think tailor hax can achieve that kind of shortness. It just basically opens up ALL options. Alien characters have a pretty flexable slider set compared to other races, which allow for MUCH more customization.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    If not that then I don't know, I've never had the drive to make a Yoda sized character so I've never tried to make anything besides average sized characters.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I created a "Dobby" like toon: Dybbo is his name :)

he is 1m37 tall (we can't make toon smaller than that), torso length =0, leg length = 0, almost everything at 0, except the arms for having a proportional body, the shoulder width is not at 0 for the same reason.

i'm maybe an idiot but I really enjoy to play with this toon, because my other toons are very tall. + I'm 1.92m, so it is also something interesting to have a toon, who don't have a size close to mine.

ps: I have also a female of the same "specie". so I'm a double idiot.
  • Options
    wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    In my original post I already mentioned I used alien character to get small size (set height slider to minimum and then in advanced settings set leg length, torso length, rib height, neck and feet to minimum heights). This gets a character that looks about 4 ft tall, maybe a bit less.

However, I have seen a few captains running around with significantly smaller height than the character editor normally allows.
    I posted question here just to see if anyone else knows how they are doing it.
  • Options
    trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I have 4-5 Alien characters on my Romulan side (my largest) and 3-4 Fed also 3-4 KDF. Personally I have no desire to make munchkin characters thus all my Aliens even the Fed and KDF ones are basically half Romulan which shows in their ears and their features. On every one of them I've written a very unique backstory which sets the plot, so to speak, of their existence and how they came to be and who they are. I've gotten many compliments on my Bio's on some of these and my full Romulan characters. Point is, all my Aliens are average height with a slim build to reflect me in RL.

I have tho seen a few of these super tiny munchkin characters running around tho thus I have also wondered having created so many Aliens myself, how these characters were made so small. o:)
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

They're very interesting characters, especially when they're hauling around a Boolean cannon or some other BFG lol.

You need to watch more anime, then. ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I've made these just for kicks, but never allowed the beast to survive for very long. Micros in this game are about as annoying as those who make the really "large" toons for whatever reason?
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I've made these just for kicks, but never allowed the beast to survive for very long. Micros in this game are about as annoying as those who make the really "large" toons for whatever reason?

Define "large", since if we go be average american heights anyone taller then 185 cm would be large (that's 10 cm above average IIRC), which would be under the min height for Gorn toons IIRC.

Everything is relative, what would be average for some races might be below or above average for others, personally my main is 192cm as I wanted her to be the same height as I am in real life.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The midgets used to be a popular choice for pvp back near the dawn of time when that was still a thing.

I've found its best not to fiddle with heights too much as even the average/standard height characters are sometimes forced into jumping on top of a console in order to interact with it.
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I have a handful of "Martian" characters myself. Green, around 5 feet tall, antennae; akin to what was popular in 1950s/60s depictions of spacemen, Martians, whatever one cared to call 'em.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

Define "large", since if we go be average american heights anyone taller then 185 cm would be large (that's 10 cm above average IIRC), which would be under the min height for Gorn toons IIRC.

Everything is relative, what would be average for some races might be below or above average for others, personally my main is 192cm as I wanted her to be the same height as I am in real life.

Large to me are those aliens that tower over every other character in a crowd. Like they're a head or two larger than an average 6ft human.

I've seen them around and not been tempted to make one, any more than I'm tempted to try a Smurf-sized character.

I don't watch much of anything. Nothing interests me anymore on the tv, unless it's the really old Bugs Bunny/Tom n Jerry stuff ;)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ummm adjust the character sliders to the far left? you can adjust size/length/width of the body.

I find the character creator in this game a bit stupid since you can add features that do not work with the in game armor... or make your toon so tall as to not fit thru door ways...
  • Options
    trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

Large to me are those aliens that tower over every other character in a crowd. Like they're a head or two larger than an average 6ft human.

I've seen them around and not been tempted to make one, any more than I'm tempted to try a Smurf-sized character.

I don't watch much of anything. Nothing interests me anymore on the tv, unless it's the really old Bugs Bunny/Tom n Jerry stuff ;)

Same here. I don't watch much in the way of TV unless it's what you said or a documentary I'm interested in, or maybe a Nightwish concert, lol. :)
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

plurality is in nature.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    My toons themselves are somewhat normal, I have some boffs though that would be difficult to recreate with human actors. (In case you're interested: long legs short torso vs short legs long torso isn't even a comparison, legs win by a landslide). But yeah, diversity rules. However, I find extra small characters to be fiddly and sometimes difficult to see while extra large characters get some clipping issues here and there which just looks stupid. If you can live with that, knock yourself out. As it stands, we have a factor of about 2 between the smallest and largest normally possible options, that's not too bad.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
This discussion has been closed.