test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How bad did missing the Delta recruit event hurt?

r3master#2783 r3master Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I am returning after an absence to prepare for an interview with Apknite company. I started the temporal recruit but have not finished yet, and I completely missed the delta recruit event, how screwed am I when I return?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Not at all. You can't claim any of the account-wide rewards but it's not that big of a deal:

Here's the link.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The reason it sort of hurts is you get the rewards on every toon - so if you have 10 toons you will get on each one - if you make more they will get it too. So collectively its a lot but individually for one toon it isnt

In my case I have done delta and gamma and missing the temporal recruit
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    I did gamma and temporal but missed delta.

It would be nice if STO added a window this year or next for people who missed the original event to create a new delta/gamma/temporal character. Even if it was a low-cost C-Store item to create a delta recruit I'd do it.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Temporal is the best one.. it's good that you managed to get that one. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Delta has its uses also.
    The ground device Paradox Corrector would probably be useful on the Sompek event starting this week.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Delta has its uses also.
    The ground device Paradox Corrector would probably be useful on the Sompek event starting this week.

They're all good.. Temporal is just the best one.

Paradox Corrector is a great item to have for sure. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,498 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I am close to finishing off Delta (I am not in a hurry) and missed starting Temporal by a day or two. Delta has some nice stuff, especially when short on rep marks for something that is critical for a build (some of the marks packages are rather sizable). The trait is nice too though not absolutely essential either.

I also have Gamma though that is not going anywhere (I did the crafting part and the level cap stuff with the ship, but I cannot get a handle on the Jem'Hadar mindset so any ground stuff is a bust). The thing is, I could still probably hold my nose and plow though it if it was essential but the rewards are not worth that particularly odious grind.

All in all, the recruiting things are definitely worth it on a character you would do either way, they are sort of enhanced milestones of sorts and add a welcome (though minor) thread to the regular episodes, but they are not so good that they justify doing a character of a type you normally would absolutely not play.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    To me the Temporal recruit events are much more significant.

That buff that turns all reputation stuff automatically into mk 13 UR quality is by far the thing I've been benefitting from the most.

And it is likely that the event will be rerun in the future too. So missing out on it only means you may have to wait a few years, but if you missed out it's probably not forever.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    None of the events were critical. Free marks and dil are nice, but you can always earn those by playing the game or if you're lazy then by buying dil with zen.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as missing the AOY recruit or gamma recruit events were, for those who did miss them​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Delta recruit has some decent stuff in it but nothing game breaking if you missed out. Relax and enjoy the game in the meantime. If a re-run comes around again, feel free to take advantage of it.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    keep in mind during a rerun ,kdf and roms must finish their tutorials (just getting their devices and leaving them in tutorial ,will not work out) !! for roms i recomend kdf alliance. fed kdf and roms all have some different tasks !!
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,498 Arc User
    it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as missing the AOY recruit or gamma recruit events were, for those who did miss them​​

Out of curiosity, what in Gamma Recruit would hurt more than missing Delta? If anything Gamma seems a bit yawnworthy just going by what the transponder shows.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    Odo's Flagship Admiralty Card, and additional Admiralty slot ,Epic Gamma Quadrant Duty Officer ,100+k fleet dil
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    garaks31 wrote: »
    Odo's Flagship Admiralty Card, and additional Admiralty slot ,Epic Gamma Quadrant Duty Officer ,100+k fleet dil

Nice, but again not something to feel terrible about missing. 3 cycles of Admiralty and you've got more than that much dil, and one card or doff won't change your game life.

Even the Temporal upgrade to rep projects to XIII UR just saves you some dil.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Nothing in the recruitment events is essential to playing and succeeding in the game IMO.

I would be hurt by missing the Paradox Corrector for the name alone ("Me? Dying? Against the laws of this universe!")

However, as has been said, all are account unlocks, and for altoholics (who don't just create them for farming purposes) all this stuff adds up nicely to get a good start (some fleet credits from the beginning, marks to shorten the rep grind, thopugh they're locked at what was available during the event, so e. g. no Disco marks) and some stuff is just plain useful (8th admiralty slot probably the outstanding example, but may depend on personal playstyle).
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
This discussion has been closed.