test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Learn the Future of Star Trek Online at STLV!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
We're headed back to #STLV, and we'll be talking about the next phase of Star Trek Online. You won't want to miss it.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11210553

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    So we can finally stop wasting our time speculating on the very cryptic statement made and then 'clarified' by Mr. Rivera. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    are you sure - there is always paint to watch dry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Well it looks like another rendition has occurred.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    So we can finally stop wasting our time speculating on the very cryptic statement made and then 'clarified' by Mr. Rivera. ;)

Nope. Read the post again. Its talking about the next update, as in the next part of the discovery stuff. It didn't say anything about getting into any of the 'change the face of the game' stuff at all. Thats next year and long after the next update
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Being cryptic is the name of the game, especially when the game developer's name is Cryptic ;)
    Wait and see if Al doesn't tease further.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited July 2019

Al, what a tease! :blush:
  • startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Gee a Discovery cast member, can't figure what the "big news" could be. o:)

"Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
    edited July 2019
    I think it would be wonderful if Rekha Sharma returns, even as a new character.

Star Trek has a long history of using actors in different roles over the years. She really hit it out of the ballpark with her VO performance.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User

Star Trek has a long history of using actors in different roles over the years. She really hit it out of the ballpark with her VO performance.

Though I think there was an unwritten rule during the TNG era series to not re-use actors if they could be recognized though, granted that doesn't rule out her returning as an alien who doesn't resemble her discovery character at all.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

Though I think there was an unwritten rule during the TNG era series to not re-use actors if they could be recognized though, granted that doesn't rule out her returning as an alien who doesn't resemble her discovery character at all.
    That was once cited as the reason why Selar wasn't seen again. Suzy Plakston got recast as Kehlehr.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager

Al won't tease further on the panels, but he usually starts giving away the boat when P1 gets their hands on him. :)

• foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User

Al won't tease further on the panels, but he usually starts giving away the boat when P1 gets their hands on him. :)

Romulan Mind Probes? P1 sure has some nice technology at their fingertips :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Romulan Mind Probes? P1 sure has some nice technology at their fingertips :)
    Nah, more likely telepathic influence. So either Betazoid, Deltan, or Ocampan.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • edartaedarta Member Posts: 52 Arc User

We send Fleet Admirals. And at least one Klingon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiEPb5jAKZg&list=PLcQ2joqfgIps-1hvBp6QMP9_z6HMfVLse
    You. Will. Leak.
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    This Year: More Discovery

Next Year: Shifting from Discovery to jump on the Picard TV show bandwagon and altering STO's timeline to fit the Picard show along with a ton of R&D ships to afford 25 minutes of Patrick Stewart voice-overs. :)
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User

That was once cited as the reason why Selar wasn't seen again. Suzy Plakston got recast as Kehlehr.

The great think about Selar was that Suzy was so good, Selar got a mention in a future episode ( even though we did not get to see her ) and she was used in several Star Trek novels.

Pretty good for a one off. :)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User

By 'P1' you mean 'cheap tequila' right? Just remember to remind him to drink with the grain of the liquor, cause when you drink against the grain of the liquor you lose
    Next Year: Shifting from Discovery to jump on the Picard TV show bandwagon and altering STO's timeline to fit the Picard show along with a ton of R&D ships to afford 25 minutes of Patrick Stewart voice-overs

Don't give them ideas

The great think about Selar was that Suzy was so good, Selar got a mention in a future episode ( even though we did not get to see her ) and she was used in several Star Trek novels.

Pretty good for a one off. :)
    Which now makes me wonder what acting work she's doing now?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Nothing in the way of acting in about eight years. Somewhat singer/songwriter recently.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @captsol said:
    > This Year: More Discovery
    >
    > Next Year: Shifting from Discovery to jump on the Picard TV show bandwagon and altering STO's timeline to fit the Picard show along with a ton of R&D ships to afford 25 minutes of Patrick Stewart voice-overs. :)

In between that we will get the final Mirror Leeta Missions.
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Is there a topic where can I ask about new features (eg. patrols)? Thanks
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    How come there is no mention of Startrek Legends? I learned this from social media but lacking any information in this roadmap?​​
    Post edited by bubblegirl2015 on
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.

Yep, the unwritten rule was to have a couple 'full makeup/appliance' appearances between roles where you don't have to wear make up.

That's how DS9 lost out on having Malcom McDowell. He'd played Soran in Star Trek Generations, and was happy to be able to guest star on DS9 (Alexander Siddig is his godson). But they insisted on the unwritten rule, so he dropped out. They should have realized that there are people who feel claustrophobic under heavy make up and appliances.

At least with voice-work, it's not an issue.

Tony Todd had not only played Rodek/Kurn, he also had a small VO role as one of the three groups of escape pods in the Of Signs and Portents mission. :)
    reyan01 wrote: »
    captsol wrote: »
    This Year: More Discovery

Next Year: Shifting from Discovery to jump on the Picard TV show bandwagon and altering STO's timeline to fit the Picard show along with a ton of R&D ships to afford 25 minutes of Patrick Stewart voice-overs. :)

I doubt they'll address much of what they intend to do next year.

This year.... yeah, guessing they'll continue with, and perhaps work toward concluding, the DSC content. Actually, am personally rather hoping they get Jayne Brook (Admiral Cornwell) for voice-work.

I'd look forward to Jayne Brook to making an appearance.

Maybe Admiral Cornwell can tell us she's sorry about the admiral from the first season of STO Discovery, and our characters can nod again in agreement ;)