test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2019/2020 Roadmap!

Comments

• startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Yipee more Diso content. :#
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Yeah what did they mean the ships we've been waiting for? What ships???
  • khelderukkhelderuk Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Quick quibble: "Upcoming Content" and "July: Risian Lolhnaut Festival" - a tad late, methinks?

I suspect the Altamid Drones will be a ship Console or Device, since it's Kobayashi Maru. A "swarm" style ship which lost members and had attack drop and defence (dodge rate) go up as it took damage and lost drones would have been an interesting mechanic.
    lordgyor wrote: »
    With the Altamid Drones and the Jellyfish, perhaps we'll get a proper Narada? Seems to be a Kelvin theme going.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Seemingly nothing about Killy, and all about J'Ula.

I hope @ambassadorkael#6946 was able to convince Al and the team to do the Killy/Leeta meet up, and that's how the story is going to go.

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

Leeta / Killy team up?!

Since they are both baddies, they'll team up and turn on one another before it's over.

As for - Command Spock's JellyFish Ship? What does that mean? Are we getting a SECOND ship during the Winter Event?

No. Wait. :: thinks about it :: It's in a Lock Box, isn't it? :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    + Section 31 rifle from Sompek Arena in August
    + T6 Elachi Ship from new mission episodes in September
    + Altamid Drones from Kobayashi Maru October
    + Eagle and Sech Bundle in November
    + T6 Fek'Ihi ship and Jellyfish ship in December
    + New anniversary ship in January

Looking forward to see what the Altamid Drones are gonna be? Console or Hangar pet reward?
    And if the Jellyfish is a flyable shuttle/frigate or... ?
    Likewise, what is the Eagle class? don't recall having seen any ships of that type.
    Also, can't wait to see what the Elachi, Fek'Ihi, and the Anniversary ships are gonna be.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Maybe we'll get a version of a T6 Constitution Class for the Anniversary Event.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Seeing an actual road-map after so many years without one....
  • viridian74#1359 viridian74 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    New Patrol System sounds great :) I'd love to be able to revisit some of those systems, sometimes just to take screenshots.
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User

They mean a T6 Vo'Quv Carrier OR WE RIOT.

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,245 Community Moderator
    @claudiusdk *Engle class

@robert#4620 T6 Constitution is unlikely.

@lucho80 What're you talking about? We had a roadmap just last year.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    @claudiusdk *Engle class

That's not a denial on the T6 Vo'Quv!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    One word: Jellyfish! ;)​​

I'm surprised that that ship wasn't made available earlier on, like around the time the ships from the Kelvin Timeline was introduced.

Then again, maybe the eggbeaters in the back took longer to work, they may have been a pain to animate. Possible clipping issues and all that. :anguished:
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    A 3 week Sompek event followed by a 3 week Kobayashi Moron event. It's like they want me to take long breaks from the game. Where's the Mirror event queue, or the Breach?

Elachi ship? Okay, I will likely go for that.

Altamid Drones? Even Googling them I really have no clue what they may be. Something from Star Trek Beyond, but the pictures I'm seeing don't match what I remember from the movie. Guess it's time to rewatch it.

A Fed/KDF bundle with no new Jem or Rom ships, I'm shocked. No, really, I am. I figured they would want to keep up the good will they delivered with the last bundle but I suppose cuts needed to be made somewhere.

A new Fek ship for the winter event, expected, and I will go for it. So I guess I'll be logging in for 5 minutes a day at least.

And I'll guess that what is meant by "Command Spock's Jellyfish Ship" will simply be a mission like Renegade's Regret where we flew the Tzen ship. If we get the actual ship, I'll be happily surprised.

And last but not least, a celebration of Star Trek Online ships you've been waiting for. So I'll finally be able to get my Steamrunner, Oberth, Nova and various lower level Orion ships at T6? Cool beans.

Overall, while a lot to look forward to, it seems to be mostly grind related. Little in the way of new mission content, unless this new Patrol system is HUGE, which I hope it will be. Oh well, most of this stuff is a ways off so I'll just keep checking back for new info.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Leeta / Killy team up?!
    Its something of a joke Kael has made on the livestreams a few times.

He wants Killy and Leeta to meet up and just chew scenery with long dialogs of evil banter because he thinks it would be funny to have both of them doing it at the same time.

I'd love to see something like this!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAM58s_NPSU

PLEASE put in the lighting crackles between their stares, at least! :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

I've been waiting for classic ships that so far has been out of reach for most of us so far.

Perhaps from a 40 year old movie that is going to be given a anniversary release this September. *fingers crossed*

I'd love to see a TMP version of the Romluan Bird-of-Prey from the original series :smiley:
    @claudiusdk *Engle class

We got a few roadmaps last year :)
  • emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    tomilak wrote: »
    If Spocks ship is in the winter event i get to say goodbye to it, I cannot handle the race at all period and have gone without ships this year being the 4th year i havent been able to get the free ship. Likely never will till the difficulty in the event is brought down to something manageable.

What's the hard part of the race? Lag? If so, I understand. If you're rubberbanding, you'll lose. If that's not the case, what's the hard part?
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Just a heads-up: spell check doesn't catch misspelling Fek'Ihri...
  • ozzymiteozzymite Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Hi
    Just curious if anyone knows when the next Earn A Free T6 Starship Token I've played the last tow everyday and got 2700 and am 300 short to get a ship :( .
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I am more interested in the elachi ship than the next fek'irhi one.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I'd love to see something like this!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAM58s_NPSU

PLEASE put in the lighting crackles between their stares, at least! :D
    Nice to see someone else knows the classics. And a crossover of sorts would be completely justified given how a certain redheaded 'greatest scientist in the universe' isn't above tinkering with dimensional rifts and whatnot...
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Released 8/3/2019. Probably could have removed the July box. :D
  • wrathofachilleswrathofachilles Member Posts: 931 Arc User

I cant handle the corners at all no matter what I try to do, tried for 5 hours one night nada. Gave up for good 2 yrs ago this dec.

The two tricks I am aware of to manage the slip and slide challenge are as follows. First, I will tell you about the one I personally have used for ages, but after doing some testing in my frost boots, I would probably suggest technique #2, as it seems far more fool-proof. So much so that I might even try switching to it during the next event and see how I feel about it. Without further ado:

#1: The trick I use to handle corners is to jump while completely stopping any other key press right as you press jump. E.G. you are pressing and holding W to move forward, you must release W the same time you press jump. When you release W, you must not press it or any other direction key until the jump is complete and your character stops. This will stop your movement. If you keep pressing W through the jump, or start pressing a direction key before the jump is complete and your character has fully stopped, you will continue to slide post jump. If you release W for a bit of time before pressing jump, your character will begin to slide, fear not, pressing jump (while being sure not to press any directional key) during the slide will stop the slide.

This can take a bit of "feeling it out" to get used to exactly when to press and release for optimal performance.

#2: An alternative that I don't personally use (but after doing some testing with my frost boots to confirm how things work, I just might start!) but can confirm works is to perform a roll. Assuming QWEASD control: Double tapping W or your strafing keys (Q&E without using mouse camera control, Q&E or A&D if pressing and holding right mouse button to control character and camera direction with mouse) Will cause your character to roll and stop all motion. This seems the most fool-proof technique as it seems to decidedly kill any potential for post-maneuver slide. If you press and hold a directional key with a jump, you can mess it up... and by "can" I mean "will." But the dodge/roll technique I tested, if I press and hold W or any other key all the way through the maneuver, the most my character would do is that slight little "woah!" stumble that is super manageable.

If you want to see these techniques in action, we can try to find eachother in game and I can show you using my frost boots.
    emperormak wrote: »
    If Spocks ship is in the winter event i get to say goodbye to it, I cannot handle the race at all period and have gone without ships this year being the 4th year i havent been able to get the free ship. Likely never will till the difficulty in the event is brought down to something manageable.

What's the hard part of the race? Lag? If so, I understand. If you're rubberbanding, you'll lose. If that's not the case, what's the hard part?

I cant handle the corners at all no matter what I try to do, tried for 5 hours one night nada. Gave up for good 2 yrs ago this dec.

I've had problems with that myself. I missed a lot of the earlier ships (esp. before I could at least trade in what I had in Lobi Crystals to either reduce the number of times I have to succeed or even buy off completely, when I hit the right sales for Keys and all that).

People gave me different advice, from double tapping a movement key to roll to jumping up. Sometimes that doesn't help, but mostly it worked for me.

The first half of the characters on this account have their L+R mouse keys are bound to the double jump move, from one of the suggestions I was given. It does come in handy especially when I'm busy keeping an eye on my surroundings and nudging myself with the regular movement keys without having to coordinate that with using the double tap of w,a,s,d.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
    Thank you, ship design team, I'm really excited for the upcoming ships. :smiley:
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Double Tap 'W' key and Roll at corners you are not going to make. Then move on until the next, etc.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    One word: Jellyfish! ;)​​
    It will be possibly a R and D or lockbox ship
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]