test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't log in through Arc launcher on PC

Comments

• gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    Tried stand alone, work around, and arc no go. Unable to log in.
  • kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Was in game playing, I always use the launcher.. and skip messing with ARC.. anyway suddenly got dropped out of game.. launcher started saying trying to update, which it said tried 7 times.. then launcher came back up.. but now cannot log in I get this on the launcher "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" . I closed game completely .. restarted my computer/ unplugged my wifi then reset it.. I still get the same damn message from the launcher when I try to log in ~~>Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out.. :'(:/
  • drcybertronic5drcybertronic5 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Yes, same here, can't login. Trying for 1 hour no luck
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,686 Community Moderator
    Doing what I can on my end folks. Behaving like the account server went down but I can't be certain. Trying to alert some folks. If you guys can, document the errors you're seeing, such as by screenshot just incase they are needed. IDK that they will be but better safe than sorry. If you get any errors other than those mentioning account server let me know.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    So much for dil weekend, tried ARC and exe and no dice. Support forum had no answers either. I tried logging in both ways and nothing. haven't tried steam yet
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • squidjoesquidjoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    It just kicked me out when I tried to log to another char and it just gives me the "Connection to log in server is timed out" It shows the game server up, but log in server appears to be down. I guess it's time to go play ESO.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"

Really? Again?
    Getting this on both Champions and STO...
  • manwolfbearmanwolfbear Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    2 days in a row with the login issues :( at least last night was able to get through on the launcher directly...tonight no dice

able to get into arc but not the game itself through the launcher or direct from sto.exe

error : Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,382 Arc User
    I am not using Arc to get STO but I also am getting Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out. They should extend the dilithium weekend due to this. Please fix. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ortikantortikant Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Neither ARC, Launcher nor .exe works for me. Having been tied up with real life, I now face the realization that I won't get the T6 Corvette this year.
    pmuvj73Aj
  • sigeric#5525 sigeric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm also getting the "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out". I guess all the support folks must be at the Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas.
  • captainpetey001captainpetey001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    normally I would advise posting this in the bug sub forum as it's not permitted to post bug reports in the general discussion. In this case I will make an exception for the moment. For those of you getting these errors, can you get me a screenshot demonstrating your specific error? This is for documentation purposes.

I also want you guys to try a workaround for me. Try pulling up just the STO launcher itself and bypassing arc outright. Instead of trying to launch through arc, go straight to the STO launcher. If that lets you guys in, that will tell me it's arc side and not per say STO itself.

Here you go ...
    https://imgur.com/a/VqmVzym
  • nerahjj#2665 nerahjj Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am having this issue as well. I was in the game and went to change characters. I was dropped by the game instead. When I tried to restart the game the launcher window displays an error message stating: "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"

This has been happening to me sporadically since the patch before last.
    edited August 2019
    I also want you guys to try a workaround for me. Try pulling up just the STO launcher itself and bypassing arc outright. Instead of trying to launch through arc, go straight to the STO launcher. If that lets you guys in, that will tell me it's arc side and not per say STO itself.

I tried Arc, Steam, and launcher. No joy.
  • kedranikedrani Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Nope. No method works. Not Arc, not regular launcher and definitely not the .exe file. We're locked out.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I can log into ARC fine, but the STO launcher gives the error "Unable to authenticate. Connection to the account server timed out." I get the same error launching it from ARC, and running it standalone. Just for the heck of it, I tried the US and EU proxies, and got the same error.
    I use Comcast, and am in Texas, if that matters.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User

I tried Arc, Steam, Discord, and launcher. No joy.
    It, likewise, isn't limited to only STO either... Champions is also having issues (Can't say if NW is also having issues, as their devs drove me away)
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Same here..........
    Unable to authenticate: Couldn't initialize token login On Steam
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,475 Arc User
    We're trying to get it looked into guys. We appreciate your patience. Thank you.

Thank you
    pjxgwS8.jpg
    I don't use the arc launcher and my install isn't through steam. I use the old stand alone launcher. I still have the box and original disc, in fact. It's not us, it's not the internet, it's the game's log in server.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,686 Community Moderator
    Believe me guys we don't like this anymore than you do. We're doing what we can to get an emergency response team down below. Having to clear a few busted bulkheads out of the way first.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    dark4blood wrote: »
    Again with this TRIBBLE...if you can't keep the damn servers up what is the point of calling it a dil weekend?

I feel your pain, brother. I was just about to mine on Vlugta when things went belly up. Thank God I didn't burn a VIP voucher.
    If the crew is on shore leave for the weekend, Bender says we're all boned.
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    time to play another game
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • manwolfbearmanwolfbear Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    its back up guys
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Well, guess I will go play Destiny 2 for a while.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • cupp99cupp99 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Anyone else getting the message "Login has timed out. Please check your network connection and try again" when trying to log in through ARC on PC? My internet connect is obviously working since I can post here and surf the interwebs just fine.

The steam launcher is working
  • ortikantortikant Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    LtLpMES.jpg
    That's what my launcher looks like, too.
    pmuvj73Aj
  • mordikanemordikane Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    tried arc, tried STO Launcher can't login to STO but arc did let me login to forums, but I had to re-register my same computer for 6 years
    EDIT: So as I stated I had to re-register my computer thru ARC, after I did , I could Login thru ARC
This discussion has been closed.