test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arc Launcher Login Timeout

rockhoundxozrockhoundxoz Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited August 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I'm currently having issues logging into Arc with the desktop app and each time I try it says "Login has timed out. Please check your network connection and try again". I was on it already and then when I restarted it because of the update, I can't get in now. My connection is fine, my laptop is good, so nothing else is making sense why I can't log in.

Edit: I realized I posted in the wrong area, so please move my post.

Comments

• Options
    tauvan48tauvan48 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Im having the same problem rockhoundxoz has "login has timed out" can anyone help?
  • Options
    elcorpseelcorpse Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I am having same issue I can login to my account but the launcher isn't logging in. I have rebooted, checked my firewall settings,and connected to internet web pages and other games without issue. I hope someone can help no answers is annoying, thank you.
  • Options
    mopey73#5882 mopey73 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Having the same problem here. Everything else is working fine, other games, except Arc Launcher won't start up, keeps timing out.
  • Options
    lifer1lifer1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Same problem here... Timing out and not launching.
  • Options
    starcadetreedstarcadetreed Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same exact issue here as well.
  • Options
    carvin72carvin72 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I had the same issues ... try logging in through STO launcher ... I got in that way
    CRY HAVOC, AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR
  • Options
    tritreanatritreana Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same problem. It was fine after the update. I played for a while and had things to do. Now I can't log in and this issue is going to cause me not to have enough vouchers for Risa Corvette. I came in late and had exactly enough days to get enough vouchers. If I can't get logged back in soon, I'm going to be one day short :(
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    tritreana wrote: »
    Same problem. It was fine after the update. I played for a while and had things to do. Now I can't log in and this issue is going to cause me not to have enough vouchers for Risa Corvette. I came in late and had exactly enough days to get enough vouchers. If I can't get logged back in soon, I'm going to be one day short :(

Hopefully they extend it for this reason

I am having issues and have not been able to patch. I can't log into arc.
  • Options
    tritreanatritreana Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    doogie74 wrote: »
    tritreana wrote: »

Hopefully they extend it for this reason

I am having issues and have not been able to patch. I can't log into arc.

I hope they do extend it. I can't get into arc either. It's driving me batty sitting here watching hubby play and I can't get in. He's been in for hours though where I had to log out. So just a warning to those in the game..STAY IN THERE or you may not be able to get back in.

• Options
    kegorogers#0601 kegorogers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Exact same problem "Login has timed out. Please check your network connection and try again" I am able to login to the website, but unable to login to the PC program. I uninstalled the program, reset my password, and rebooted my computer with no change. I took a week off because I was getting burned out, so I hope this isn't permanent. Funny that the game won't work now that I'm recharged and excited to play again... bad timing.
  • Options
    raiderrob67raiderrob67 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    same issue here. what did you nitwits do? obviously the problem is with arc not us. get your thumbs out of your butts and fix it already!
  • Options
    spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    me too, cant log into games or the launcher
  • Options
    augustus512augustus512 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I'm having the same issues. When I spoke to someone in support the Rep told me they were aware of the issue some of the players were having and are working on it. She told me to try logging back in an hour well I tried and still nothing! So I guess they are still working on the issue, but they really need to hurry up.
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I have been able to bypass Arc and load the launcher and able to get in the game.
  • Options
    rockhoundxozrockhoundxoz Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    doogie74 wrote: »
    I have been able to bypass Arc and load the launcher and able to get in the game.

I used an alternate method as well using Steam.
  • Options
    vockoevockoe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same problem here.
  • Options
    renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    You can bypass the launcher completely. Your Drive letter here:\Program Files (x86)\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online.exe

If English is not your first language nor the language of your computer, the _en is likely something different.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    Adding my account to the list of those unable to get into the ARC launcher. Due to timeouts.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    kegorogers#0601 kegorogers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @renata666 said:
    > You can bypass the launcher completely. Your Drive letter here:\Program Files (x86)\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online.exe
    >
    > If English is not your first language nor the language of your computer, the _en is likely something different.

Not a great workaround, but at least it works. Thank you.
  • Options
    mastertyphonmastertyphon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm currently having issues logging into Arc with the desktop app and each time I try it says "Login has timed out. Please check your network connection and try again". I was on it already and then when I restarted it because of the update, I can't get in now. My connection is fine, my laptop is good, so nothing else is making sense why I can't log in.

Edit: I realized I posted in the wrong area, so please move my post.

100% same issue, I can log in through Steam just fine.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Well, I have been trying to login for about an hour. Would not recognize my password at all. Then when I finally did get in and to the final pop up screenie, it forgets to fill in my password, which is fine, I know it by heart, but it just an oddity when the password line pops up empty.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys are on top of this. :: double thumbs up with a bow tie ::
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    torri#4857 torri Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    please add me to the list, i have been trying to log in since 3:30pm pst. its currently 8:40 pst and still getting the same message as above and cant log in.
  • Options
    thebuzz1thebuzz1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I got in thru Steam ARC did load Can not post
  • Options
    thebuzz1thebuzz1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    WOW NOW I CAN SEE IT TRY LATER
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    ARC have said they are currently investigating login issues. You can still log into STO by loading the STO launcher from your directory. I was having same issue with ARC. Have just now managed to login. But am not taking being able to login as it being fixed as the STO launcher via ARC crashes immediately.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    Login issue has been resolved however the launcher still crashes via ARC :(