test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't log in through Arc launcher on PC

Comments

• theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 450 Arc User
    Arc and launcher... Cannot log in with either.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Someone forgot the Assimilated Tribble loose near the account servers
  • parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Now it's timeouts in game and arc. smh
  • whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    I also want you guys to try a workaround for me. Try pulling up just the STO launcher itself and bypassing arc outright. Instead of trying to launch through arc, go straight to the STO launcher. If that lets you guys in, that will tell me it's arc side and not per say STO itself.
    Worked for me.
    Additional details:
    Also cannot log into the Arc application. Like someone else said, "Login has times out. Please check your network connection and try again."

Has anyone started demanding free stuff yet? If not is there a betting pool for which post number in this thread will be the first? Asking for a friend...
  • nightsnake3nightsnake3 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    captakira wrote: »
    I finally found the actual game launcher in the folder c:/program file (x86)/Star Trek Online_en
    Not the shortcut it puts on the desktop.
    Tried it and it works. I am able to log in.

wow, it works just follow these instructions.
    Another update:
    Looks like the STO launcher is going to work this time...

And I'm in.
  • trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I also want you guys to try a workaround for me. Try pulling up just the STO launcher itself and bypassing arc outright. Instead of trying to launch through arc, go straight to the STO launcher. If that lets you guys in, that will tell me it's arc side and not per say STO itself.

I would try this but I don't know how to launch the game without Arc. Anybody got that info?
    @captakira:

Thanks I am now finally patching. I suspect I'll be able to log in just fine once patching finishes. :)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Additional details:
    Also cannot log into the Arc application. Like someone else said, "Login has times out. Please check your network connection and try again."

Has anyone started demanding free stuff yet? If not is there a betting pool for which post number in this thread will be the first? Asking for a friend...

Same here, my Arc application signed me out and got the message Login has timed out. Please check your network connection and try again.

If I can post this, it ain't my network connection.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • jadenmiajadenmia Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    Looks like someone at PWE forgot who there bread winner was when they programmed the new ARC launcher.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    I'm getting it too
  • aerous77aerous77 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Arc and launcher... Cannot log in with either.
    “The miracle is this - the more we share, the more we have.” ― Leonard Nimoy.
  • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Neither Arc nor the standalone launcher are working for me here in NC.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Whatever the problem is, it is not fixed yet. I did get in via the bypass method though.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Started Arc. Hit Play. Launcher popped up. Got "unable to authenticate" message. Typed in password again. Hit Engage. Got in game.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • eve1964eve1964 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I had this issue Sunday, or Monday night, and then last night. Logged on the following mornings with no problem. No idea what the issue is, as I used the Repair Arc function last night, and restarted the computer to no result. Had no issue going anywhere else though.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I got in this morning. No problen with Arc or launcher. Hopefully it's fixed.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • defufodefufo Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    echatty wrote: »
    This is what I just got on my launcher. Haven't seen this before.

Unable to authenticate: Couldn't initialize token login
    Started Arc. Hit Play. Launcher popped up. Got "unable to authenticate" message. Typed in password again. Hit Engage. Got in game.

Had this yesterday, too, BMR's method worked for me, then, too... I'll be back in a few minutes if it doesn't work today.

Edit: Works just fine today.

Space - the final frontier. These are the adventures of Tovan Khev - told by his loyal servant ... err... Commanding Officer.
    edited August 2019
    Got in last night no problem by going in direct. However it must be fixed because I logged in this morning normally with no problems whatsoever. :)
  • rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    By-passing the Arc login worked for me for awhile, now I get booted and can't get back in because of "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out". Just to post this message I had to use a new pin as if I was using a different computer.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User

You got lucky i'm having no joy trying via Arc or going into This PC and trying to launch via the STO launcher the game files
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • hotstuff1701hotstuff1701 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    By-passing the Arc login worked for me for awhile, now I get booted and can't get back in because of "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out". Just to post this message I had to use a new pin as if I was using a different computer.

Same here. Yesterday I was able to get in by manually putting in my password after the initial "unable to authenticate" now I can't get in at all, using any method or any of the listed workarounds.
  • philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    same here cannt even purchase zen. getting must complete tutorial
  • rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Lifetime sub here & this is getting really old! :'(
  • johnkilo3johnkilo3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Getting this same error when trying to get on through Steam, even though the server status says it is up.

53b5301e0799b5d3921a0d561c0a906f.png
  • mudd1701mudd1701 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Unable to log in... completely does not recognize my password. What is going on? Are the Binars futzing with the holodecks again?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    We're trying to get it looked into guys. We appreciate your patience. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    unable to Authenticate - timed out to account server
This discussion has been closed.