test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well, it looks like we won't be seeing t'kuvma again anytime soon

lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
Because apparently this happened:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9611470/klingon-actor-sexual-assault-claim/

I'm assuming this means hes not going to be appearing in any discovery flashbacks or sto episodes set in the past, if such things were intended at some point

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    valoreah wrote: »
    However, we live in the SJW age...

*looks at watch*
    Wonder how long its gonna be before someone starts demanding they remove the voice overs for Binary Stars like they wanted to happen to the guy from Star Trek Continues who plays a Commodore in STO, and the totally stupid demand to change the name of the ISIS computer in Facility 4028 because of Terrorists.

Seriously... people need to just frickin' stop with those kinds of demands. Frickin' special snowflakes want to rewrite history to bury things that happened because reasons... frickin' stupid how people behave these days. Like they go into overdrive to make it disappear rather than just face it and deal.
    *gets off the random soapbox and goes for a soda* Ok... just needed to vent for a minute there. Carry on.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Flaming/trolling removed. — WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Let's not jump to conclusions. The key words here are "alligations" and "claims" - as such, nothing yet proven.

I totally agree. However, we live in the SJW age - anything posted on MSM must be true because someone who knows someone heard from some guy in Walmart that someone tweeted about it, so it has to be fact!

Innocent until proven guilty is a lost cause these days.

Innocent until proven guilty means nothing at all in Hollywood circles and never has, it is all about appearances, spin, superstition, and ego.
  • wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    edited July 2019
    Easy now, guys.

(Also, since when is The Sun "mainstream media"?)
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Easy now, guys.

(Also, since when is The Sun "mainstream media"?)

Probably since the time that Twitter has become a valid news source.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @reyan01 said:
    > Let's not jump to conclusions. The key words here are "alligations" and "claims" - as such, nothing yet proven.

Bingo wait for the conviction or he gets found not guilty. I am in no mood for witch hunts .
    edited July 2019
    (discussion of moderation removed) - darkbladejk
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    Guys please keep comments civil and related to the post at hand. Debate is permitted provided it's kept civil. Folks are going to have their thoughts and opinions on this. Just keep it on point as I really don't enjoy having to bust out the mod sword.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I suspect nobody is familiar enough with the UK to know The Sun is about as reliable as National Inquirer, if that.

So... supermarket tabloids? Did they find Elvis?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I suspect nobody is familiar enough with the UK to know The Sun is about as reliable as National Inquirer, if that.

Well, for what it's worth, the thing with Chris Obi does seem to have actually happened: I found a version of the story on news.co.au, which seems to be reputable based on what I've found with some wiki-walking.

Doesn't mean the charges are valid. Doesn't mean they aren't valid. All we know is he was arrested.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/

Well, the Enquirer was made by a CIA person
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    coldnapalm wrote: »

At this point, ALL of them are supermarket tabloids. WaPo won a defamation lawsuit because they literally did not write ANY facts in their article and it was according to the judge ALL opinions with NO facts whatsoever in it, The problem is they did not write that piece as an opinion piece but an actual news article. So legally speaking...yeah they are all supermarket tabloids now. I can't believe I have to say this...but Trump was right about the media these days. They are nothing but fake news. Legally so even.

No, they're not, and no, he isn't. The judge dismissed Sandmann v. Washington Post because WaPo was factually reporting other people's opinions.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    There's innocent until proven guilty, that's how it should work in a civilised nation
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      There's innocent until proven guilty, that's how it should work in a civilised nation

Unfortunately that only matters in legal cases. The Court of Public Opinion is now "You're Guilty. Time to Crucify you."
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      To the public, ignorance is bliss
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
        coldnapalm wrote: »
        At this point, ALL of them are supermarket tabloids. WaPo won a defamation lawsuit because they literally did not write ANY facts in their article and it was according to the judge ALL opinions with NO facts whatsoever in it, The problem is they did not write that piece as an opinion piece but an actual news article. So legally speaking...yeah they are all supermarket tabloids now. I can't believe I have to say this...but Trump was right about the media these days. They are nothing but fake news. Legally so even.
        The guy who currently runs CNN apparently thinks of it as "entertainment" and nothing more.
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My character Tsin'xing
        Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
      • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
        Quit disparaging the tabloids. They are a great intel source for the Men in Black.
        XS5LK.gif
        Who?
      This discussion has been closed.