test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there any quick key set for using emotes in game?

toddjohnson100toddjohnson100 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
I'll admit, I'm new to using in game emotes. I've found where they are located, but it seems rather
tedious getting there-especially for quick use during a PvE. You have to click on the chat icon, the icon
in the lower right, choose emotes in the pop-up, then scroll to the one you want. Are there any in game
hot keys or a quicker route to salute someone who just revived you?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I'm not sure there are hotkeys for emotes, unless you learn how to type them out yourself.

Or you can likely bind your favorites to keys as well.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    Is there a way to bind my favorites to selected keys? I would love to do that.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I think there is, but I'm not sure how. There's a code you type into chat to bind keys, but I don't know how to do it. Sorry.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    Thanks. I'll check that out.
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Guide:_Keybinds

There's an emote script sample that you can download (cut & paste) there, too.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    In chat, it would look something like

"/bind f5 emote Salute"

This is the string i use to bind the salute emote on ground as a greeting. The general form is "/bind 'key name' 'action type' 'action name' "
  • Options
    trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    tobiashirt wrote: »
    In chat, it would look something like

"/bind f5 emote Salute"

This is the string i use to bind the salute emote on ground as a greeting. The general form is "/bind 'key name' 'action type' 'action name' "

Thank you for this. I too have always longed for a better way to bind favorite emotes to unused keys. :)
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    I start with f5 because f1-4 are to select teammates 1-4. I'm going to start putting some stuff on numpad next.

Only tricky part about binding emotes is figuring out the correct name... Salute is easy since that's exactly what the emote is called, but the dances always give me a hard time.
  • Options
    I don't remember how to look it up online, but there's a complete list of emote names; and, yes I did find out how to bind them to a given key. Thanks everyone.
This discussion has been closed.