test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who has the highest hull

grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
Just wondering what my fellow players have for the highest hull and what ship they use. I use the Vengeance Class. Currently have my ship is at 263175 hull.
Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    The spires in the Dyson sphere have the highest hull ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    I don't think I have a ship that has more than 100k hull.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    I'm assuming that's buffed and not resting. Either way the highest I've gotten mine to which was in my Ent-J for a brief moment was 303k.

Having hull capacity is good, but hull capacity doesn't matter as much as your ability to maintain it. In other words it's good to have, but if you have no way to maintain it and keep it repaired, it's a countdown until you're dead basically.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Well, I'm not the best, but when in PVE's, and so on, my ships are, 90% of the time, the highest in hull HP. 100,000 or more is very common for me. *shrugs* I always play in a survivalist mentality. DPS means NOTHING if you go boom in a short amount of time. In those time I get blown away, it's often something OP, like the V'ger weapon, or someone who's crazy DPS.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    The highest BASE hull in STO is, I believe, ‭75,375‬ which is on the KDF Sarcophagus ship... so if you're trying to set hull records that'd be the ship to start with. Slap in a series of Discovery Legends consoles that buff base hull and then the 2pc stamets/tilly set for the +120% hull regen and you should be good for days.
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I have a universe heavy dreadnought that gets buffed hull during combat over 250k, and that is without trying to use +hull consoles (I use +CritH consoles until crit chance above 30, then start adding CritD consoles).

If I loaded up my console slots with the new Discovery +Hull % consoles, I expect I could easily break 300k in combat, especially when using History Will Remember and Power of Math.

That being said, my ship has hull modifier of 1.55 (slightly more than the Vengeance). But it is less than Hive Dreadnought Carrier which I think is the ship with highest hull modifier, thus with all the same buffs, that ship should have the highest potential buffed hull:

Kelvin Timeline Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    Hull modifier: 1.52

Universe Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Cruiser
    Hull modifier: 1.55

Sarcophagus-class Dreadnought Carrier
    Hull modifier: 1.675

Hur'q Vedcrid Hive Dreadnought Carrier
    Hull modifier: 1.7
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    Having hull capacity is good, but hull capacity doesn't matter as much as your ability to maintain it. In other words it's good to have, but if you have no way to maintain it and keep it repaired, it's a countdown until you're dead basically.
    I found the higher the hull capacity the easier it is to maintain. At 200k you are healing twice as much for free as you are at 100k. High hull capacity with decent resistance at least on normal maintains itself. It even works on elite although you do have boost regeneration a little for Advance/Elite to work.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    I found the higher the hull capacity the easier it is to maintain. At 200k you are healing twice as much for free as you are at 100k. High hull capacity with decent resistance at least on normal maintains itself. It even works on elite although you do have boost regeneration a little for Advance/Elite to work.

True, on my main eng, I got 176k hull(Resting Qo'nos orbit) and it can easily get much higher in battle. Even if I have a lot incoming damage I can still heal a lot. I also use the borg space set on it.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    how high is the Jupiter's hull? Scimitar?
    Spock.jpg

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    how high is the Jupiter's hull? Scimitar?

Base Hull Modifiers:
    Jupiter: 1.3 (58500 at level 65) Fleet version: 1.43 (64350 at level 65)
    T6 Scimitar line: 1.333333 (60000 at level 65) according to STOwiki, though I'm guessing that's back rendered from a calculation given the six 3's and that the T6 Scimitar predates just giving a hull modifier.

There's only a few ships above what what the first poster's Vengeance Hull Modifier, and those are already listed above by wraithmeister. Though, there is a massive multi-way tie at the 1.55 Hull Modifier the Universe class sits at however, with the 3 KDF Miracle Worker Cruisers having the ability to go slightly higher then the other 1.55 ships by having an additional console slot.
    edited August 2019
    My max hull test build:

Hull: 348,796 (too bad most hull-based bonuses max out at 200k hull).
    Hull Repair/regen: 362% (less during combat)

This build is not quite maxed:
    1. Build is maxed after combat. In non-combat zones I could use some space 2-piece sets to get immediate bonus to hull. In zones with combat, the 20 stacks of Power of Math is much more hull, so I used Discovery 4-piece for this test.
    2. Only 5 of 8 weapons were integrity-linked
    3. I did not upgrade all the Pax consoles to Epic to max hull % since this is gimick build... I normally run +crit consoles).
    4. I could replace the 6% and 7% hull consoles with 11% pax consoles.

"Hull Monster" Loadout
    Durgath Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Battlecruiser - Hull Modifier 1.55

Space Traits: Bulkhead Technician +10% hull
    Ship Traits: History Will Remember (30 stacks of +1% hull, +1% hull regen, +1% dmg)
    Space Rep: Fortified Hull (rank2): +9.4% hull
    Tyler's Duality - High hull ships should be using this...+7.5 crit chance if you have 200k hull.
    Skills: Advanced Hull Capacity III (+30% hull capacity)
    Improved Damage Control II (+85% hull regen, 17% in compbat)
    Command Specialization: 30 pts = +15% hull
    Starship Mastery: Armored Hull: +10% hull

Discovery Deflector: +53.1 Hull Capacity
    Discovery Space set 4-piece bonus: Power of Math (20 stacks x 3% hull, until map move)
    Discovery Space set other bonuses: 120% hull regen, Mycelial Lightning (dmg scales with hull)

Weapons: Five (5) Integrity-Linked beam arrays: +5 Hull, +5 regen each weapon = +7.5% total hull for 5 weapons.
    Space Device: Jevonite Hardpoint: +100 hull for 900 seconds.

Eng Consoles: 2x Pax Triburnium +11.7% hull and 11.1% hull
    House Martok Defensive Config: +13.1% hit points
    Sci Consoles: 1x Pax Nanite-Reinforced Circuitry +11.7% hull, +28% regen
    Tac Consoles: 4x Pax Directed Energy Distribution Manifold +11.1% hull each
    Uni Consoles: Ferrofluid Hydrolic Assembly: +12.4% hit points
    Interphasic Instability: +7.5% hull
    Linked Command Matrix: +6.5% hull

Hull/Ship stats screenshot:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15-93zlxMR3X-GLQMrgwesp4DgcJz21fJ/view?usp=sharing
    edited August 2019
    Max hull build:

Hull: 348,796 (buffed in combat zone)
    Hull Repair/regen: 362% (lower during combat)

This build is not quite maxed:
    1. Build is maxed after combat. In non-combat zones I could use some space 2-piece sets to get immediate bonus to hull. In zones with combat, the 20 stacks of Power of Math is much more hull, so I used Discovery 4-piece for this test.
    2. Only 5 of 8 weapons were integrity-linked
    3. I did not upgrade all the Pax consoles to Epic to max hull % since this is gimick build... I normally run +crit consoles).
    4. I could replace the 6% and 7% hull consoles with 11% pax consoles.

"Hull Monster" Loadout

Space Traits: Bulkhead Technician +10% hull
    Ship Traits: History Will Remember (30 stacks of +1% hull, +1% hull regen, +1% dmg)
    Space Rep: FOrtified Hull (rank2): +9.4% hull
    Tyler's Duality - High hull ships should be using this...+7.5 crit chance if you have 200k hull.
    Skills: Advanced Hull Capacity III (+30% hull capacity)
    Improved Damage Control II (+85% hull regen, 17% in compbat)
    Command Specialization: 30 pts = +15% hull
    Starship Mastery: Armored Hull: +10% hull
    Endeavor: +6% hull

Discovery Deflector: +53.1 Hull Capacity
    Discovery Space set 4-piece bonus: Power of Math (20 stacks x 3% hull, until map move)
    Discovery Space set other bonuses: 120% hull regen, Mycelial Lightning (dmg scales with hull)

Weapons: Five (5) Integrity-Linked beam arrays: +5 Hull, +5 regen each weapon = +7.5% total hull for 5 weapons.
    Space Device: Jevonite Hardpoint: +100 hull for 900 seconds.

Eng Consoles: 2x Pax Triburnium +11.7% hull and 11.1% hull
    House Martok Defensive Config: +13.1% hit points
    Sci Consoles: 1x Pax Nanite-Reinforced Circuitry +11.7% hull, +28% regen
    Tac Consoles: 4x Pax Directed Energy Distribution Manifold +11.1% hull each
    Uni Consoles: Ferrofluid Hydrolic Assembly: +12.4% hit points
    Interphasic Instability: +7.5% hull
    and screenshot of hull stats in Defense of Starbase One zone:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15-93zlxMR3X-GLQMrgwesp4DgcJz21fJ/view?usp=sharing
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    and screenshot of hull stats in Defense of Starbase One zone:

Impressive
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You know that Vonph looks pretty tall to me. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • firebeard#3273 firebeard Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Between 46'000 and 62'100 (Manticore Heavy Destroyer), depending on what the Server decides - fluctuates when playing. No Hull consoles but use Deflectors with Hull Capacity and chose the Engineering: Hull Capacity (think that's what it's called) skill tree.

I think they're still working out some of the "levelling" kinks ..
    "Victory is not determined by whose armies are strongest. It is determined by who is left standing." - Napoléon
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Ranging from 70k to 155k based on build, toon and threatening stance.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Threatening Stance increases Hull value? What it is like an animal puffing itself up to look bigger and scarier to its rivals?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    The highest hull would belong to the Flying Dutchman since that ghost ship can fly anywhere through any realm and can go as high as it pleases!
  • katapostrophekatapostrophe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This from a member of my fleet, before buffs and before the Disco 4pc adds it's magic. All said and done he hits mid 450's. I know, I know "pics or it didn't happen" right? He said he'll take a screenshot during combat if anyone tops the resting hull in this pic. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S9v7iL3NwrnN_T-o_0hobyBP8gsYIfoL
    This from a member of my fleet, before buffs and before the Disco 4pc adds it's magic. All said and done he hits mid 450's. I know, I know "pics or it didn't happen" right? He said he'll take a screenshot during combat if anyone tops the resting hull in this pic. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S9v7iL3NwrnN_T-o_0hobyBP8gsYIfoL

The red border around stats in screenshot you linked means that the picture was taken during combat, so combat buffs were likely in effect.

The red border around stats in screenshot you linked means that the picture was taken during combat, so combat buffs were likely in effect.

True and threatening stance probably and all - could be also going the extra mile, honored dead and many other traits active

but as someone who does command such beasts with high hull his amount is still impressive in combat
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    High Hull is great, I think my main just cracked 90,000 on my Resolute, but to keep it high, you need SIFs for hull regeneration.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Illusion_of_Communication/Info

Complete the Mission - IoC - to get one Purple SIF.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Illusion_of_Communication
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator

It's good to have if you can get it certainly. From your description I'm guessing you didn't build exclusively to try and push hull capacity to the max. In other words it's not something you went too far out of your way to try to get, and is something you just have. If folks are going for just pure out hull capacity and actually trying to boost it as high as they can, this generally will gimp the ship as it prevents other consoles and items from being slotted that otherwise could have been slotted to boost overall healing. By the time folks realize it they've gotten to the point they have so much hull capacity, but no reliable means to keep it maintained, thus they're a barricade and it's a count down until they die. If you can get hull capacity that's great, but don't rely on it exclusively. It's better to have a ship with only 90k hull that never moves, vs a ship that has 400k+ hull but never goes above 100k when the fighting gets going.

Thus why i say it's not the amount of hull you have that matters as much as it is your ability to maintain it.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    edited August 2019

It's good to have if you can get it certainly. From your description I'm guessing you didn't build exclusively to try and push hull capacity to the max. In other words it's not something you went too far out of your way to try to get, and is something you just have. If folks are going for just pure out hull capacity and actually trying to boost it as high as they can, this generally will gimp the ship as it prevents other consoles and items from being slotted that otherwise could have been slotted to boost overall healing. By the time folks realize it they've gotten to the point they have so much hull capacity, but no reliable means to keep it maintained, thus they're a barricade and it's a count down until they die. If you can get hull capacity that's great, but don't rely on it exclusively.

Thus why i say it's not the amount of hull you have that matters as much as it is your ability to maintain it.
    Not exclusively as I have 3 doffs to boost hull regen and my shield gives 10% hull cap and more hull regen from the 2part set. After that I focus on hull cap as boosting hull cap increases healing amount per tick and increases my DPS. I don’t take hull cap to the absolute maximum but I have mostly abandoned bridge officer healing powers and use hull cap to increase healing amounts.

High hull self maintains. While 400k is a little high by the time you have hit that you have increased your healing 400% per healing tick and with the Tylers trait gained 7.5% crit chance. I found by focusing on hull cap I can swap out my bridge officer healing powers for DPS powers and improve my DPS. Then with the right traits gain DPS from high hull.

"but no reliable means to keep it maintained, thus they're a barricade and it's a count down until they die. If you can get hull capacity that's great, but don't rely on it exclusively. "
    That's not how it works. If you fit the high hull cap builds its not just a barricade that slowly counts down till you die. It counts up constantly without you needing to do or press anything. You get hit, take damage then it goes right back up to 100% hull all without bridge officer healing.

Look at wraithmeister build above they have over 300k hull, without bridge officer healing there is no problems maintaining it. I run a similar build only scaled back to 150k hull ish as I found 300k hull more healing then I need. You are all but invincible at 300k against NPC's. Which is why I don't get you comment about it cannot be maintained.

Post edited by pottsey5g on

It's good to have if you can get it certainly. From your description I'm guessing you didn't build exclusively to try and push hull capacity to the max. In other words it's not something you went too far out of your way to try to get, and is something you just have. If folks are going for just pure out hull capacity and actually trying to boost it as high as they can, this generally will gimp the ship as it prevents other consoles and items from being slotted that otherwise could have been slotted to boost overall healing. By the time folks realize it they've gotten to the point they have so much hull capacity, but no reliable means to keep it maintained, thus they're a barricade and it's a count down until they die. If you can get hull capacity that's great, but don't rely on it exclusively. It's better to have a ship with only 90k hull that never moves, vs a ship that has 400k+ hull but never goes above 100k when the fighting gets going.

Well hull regen is a percentage rather than a fixed number so having high hull raises the regen amounts are high too

most of my carriers/flightdecks/eng carriers/dread carriers got between 120k and 190k(resting Qonos orbit) and I rarely see my hull go below 80% even on hard queues and I am always on threat when doing queues
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Saw someone in ker'rat with around 375k hull before Threatening Stance Was at 10 stacks. He was in the Hur'q Dreadnought Cruiser of course. I'd say that's probably the record.

My builds are usually around 175k, that's more than enough with all the healing, resistances, and regen I have.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • katapostrophekatapostrophe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    My bad for missing the red border etc.. he did confirm that it was a screenshot taken during combat and offered his apologies (as do I). There was never any intent to deceive. I can ask for additional screenshots but it seems to me at this point 'who has the highest hull' has become more an academic exchange on 'how high of a hull (points) is enough'. As always, my thanks to all for sharing your knowledge and insights.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Max hull build:

I thought the Linked Command Matrix could only be equipped on Jem'Hadar Vanguard ships. Will it let you summon a Jem'Hadar Heavy Attack Craft as well? I might put it on my Durgath too.

edited August 2019
    redvenge wrote: »
    I thought the Linked Command Matrix could only be equipped on Jem'Hadar Vanguard ships. Will it let you summon a Jem'Hadar Heavy Attack Craft as well? I might put it on my Durgath too.

It was announced in recent patch notes that some of the new dominion consoles introduced with new ships in the gamma quadrant season would not be useable on all ships. At 11%, the pax consoles are more hull, but since this one also adds 2.5 crit chance in addition to 6.5% hull, it is a good console for anyone needing to get their crit chance higher. And it does also let you summon a heavy attack craft.

Post edited by wraithmeister on
This discussion has been closed.