test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[STOPC] The Enterprise Returns for 24 Hours!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Captains on PC - the Enterprise and D7 are returning to their R&D Promo boxes for 24 hours, and you can save 30% on those boxes!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11214963

Comments

• miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    Where is the Vedcrid Hive? I don't see it on the list.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    miirik wrote: »
    Where is the Vedcrid Hive? I don't see it on the list.

Hmmm, maybe it is there but just wasn't included in the blog information. When you have a box hover over or right click "details". It will tell you if the ship is available or not. I expect it will be
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Well I got my Lobi Crystals. I'm saving them up for the next Seasonal Event :)
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Spending zen on boxes without guarantees of ships in every box is a waste of zen, thanks, pass.
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I think the Connies/D7s should be in their own box. I feel that the other ships will never get chosen when billion EC ships are in the list. What are the chances the Elachi Sheshar gets picked vs an Enterprise? Even if you own the Enterprises and get a new box to choose, what will most people do, chose a new ship to fly or go for the 1+B payout?
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    tomilak wrote: »
    Spending zen on boxes without guarantees of ships in every box is a waste of zen, thanks, pass.

Same here >_>;;
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • mazujiemazujie Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    it should have been C-store ships peroid!
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    mazujie wrote: »
    it should have been C-store ships peroid!

o:)<3 I dont even want it, I got the real connie, but yes, those who want it should not have to sacrifice a goat and 2 virgins to the RNG gods (demons?) to get it. :s
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Shouldn't the title read "An extremely rare chance of the Enterprise and a whole lot of wasted Zen for the next 24hrs"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    ighten wrote: »
    Shouldn't the title read "An extremely rare chance of the Enterprise and a whole lot of wasted Zen for the next 24hrs"

ROFLMAO - YES!

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I have a few captains who could use some good doffs so if they were in the doff boxes it might have been an incentive to break down and get them, but I am swimming in mats already so even with the vanishingly small chance to get the currently most popular ship it is a no-go for me.
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    I have a few captains who could use some good doffs so if they were in the doff boxes it might have been an incentive to break down and get them, but I am swimming in mats already so even with the vanishingly small chance to get the currently most popular ship it is a no-go for me.

Likely because R&D packs don't sell at all unless there's a chance of getting something other than R&D materials out of them. I can imagine Doff boxes selling on occasion.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    The way Endeavors are throwing that stuff at us I am overflowing with Mats. I had to move about a dozen full stacks of Mats from the R&D inventory to the bank last night. R&D Inventory was completely full.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    those who want it should not have to sacrifice a goat and 2 virgins to the RNG gods (demons?) to get it. :s

Agreed.

Which is why it's great that none of that is necessary.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • mikadzukichimikadzukichi Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Well... I think it is time for Cryptic to face reality and admit that the number of Players buying those cash-crab-rng-minimum-drop-chance-boxes is continuously declining and more and more people stop buying them and because of this they are giving us more and more Discounts/Sales for them..!

So... If you still want our and my money Cryptic… Make all those Ships as well as the Lockbox and Lobi ones obtainable through direct purchase or at least make them all account-wide unlocks.!! If so I and I think also quite a few other Players would gladly throw their money at you :tongue:

Until then I and a continuously increasing number of Players will keep our money for ourselves :triumph: ..!

Best regards
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Well... I think it is time for Cryptic to face reality and admit that the number of Players buying those cash-crab-rng-minimum-drop-chance-boxes is continuously declining and more and more people stop buying them

Judging by the number of Discovery Enterprises I have seen in game.. the evidence does not appear to support that theory.

The only thing we know for sure is that Cryptic is having a ridiculous number of Zen Store promotions.. why that is exactly is nothing but speculation, but judging by the sheer number of Discoprises I have seen in game, it definitely seems like the packs are selling.

The 24 hour pop up is just a classic sales ploy to take advantage of those that felt regret once the original promotion ended and capitalize on their need to get one last chance at the ship.
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.