What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Disconnects and Rubber Banding.

2»

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    echatty wrote: »
    I just got in no problems. Not time to start my runs yet, so logged back out. Just wanted to see what it was doing in my part of the world, Mississippi.

Having no relevance to our issue but I gotta say this: THIS IS SO DARN CUTE!!
    I mean the photo of Puss - n - Boots That for some reason won't quote.

Thank you :) that picture is in my sig, not the main message. Sigs won't quote over when you quote a post
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    We-y-all, the tech just left. What is it with those dam squirrels anyway they like internet cables so much? Not only was my line chewed up by squirrels, it had a bunch of water in it a long with a type of filter on it that is no longer used. Long story short, I how have a new line from my home up to the main connection on the pole and since I'm the only one on this island that pays for this type of internet it's all mine.

So, I'm now very excited to log in to STO and see what happens. I will also after tonight's STO session run another Trace Route for comparison to see if there are any differences.

So keep your fingers crossed for me Guys. And I will keep you posted..........to be continued, lol.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Heh, funny that thousands of miles away and years later... you get the exact same situation I had - squirrel chewed line, which then got wet, and when the tech checked everything he found an old filter in the box that just made the situation worse.

That was an unhappy couple weeks for my internetting… although I had a good idea it was on my end because the lag/delays was affecting everything.

I now have a live-squirrel trap. Oh, and a squirrel catapult. Oh, and I live beside a lake.
    Heh, funny that thousands of miles away and years later... you get the exact same situation I had - squirrel chewed line, which then got wet, and when the tech checked everything he found an old filter in the box that just made the situation worse.

That was an unhappy couple weeks for my internetting… although I had a good idea it was on my end because the lag/delays was affecting everything.

I now have a live-squirrel trap. Oh, and a squirrel catapult. Oh, and I live beside a lake.

Lol, ya, I thought the exact same thing when the tech told me about all this. My Trace Route results somehow didn't reflect this tho. But as many have pointed out. This tool is only to give you an idea of what is happening.
    I got a good Deja Vu laugh outta this anyways and thought you would too when you heard what my problem really was, lol. However, I haven't been on STO yet. I gotta log in somewhere else for about an hour then I'll be on STO (mostly on Risa) for the rest of the night which will be the real test.

I fly a T6 Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier on many of my characters and I mostly play Romulans (don't mess with my peeps, lol) The ships name is "The Raptor Star" so, maybe I'll see you there. Wish me luck!!
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    A pleasant water landing followed by a short swim helps keep them clean. The reduction in lice and other critters in their fur keeps them healthier and more comfortable.

I have a Ruger 22 rifle with a 6x scope. Does the trick with squirrels nicely, lol
    Well Guys, I'm a very happy girl!! And I'm very happy to report Rubber banding is now GONE and get this, in 7 hours of gameplay last night I didn't even suffer one, not even one disconnect while changing maps or otherwise and I even left Risa to fly quite a few missions in both the Alpha and Beta quadrants to test this. And again, not even one disconnect. Reloads and map changes sometimes took longer than they do in other games, but they were smooth and uninterrupted.
    Again, I'm a very happy girl.

Tho it's far from the most modern, STO is the main game I play a long with SWTOR and Aion. And now I have no laaaaag nor disconnects and more important, none of the awful rubber banding in any of these all older games that if experienced in large amounts would aggravate my migraines. None!

I thank everyone here for their suggestions and support, and your knowledge you imparted that helped me through these difficulties. And as for the squirrels, they better find a new tree because I'm out there with my rifle daily, lol.
  • nikfosternikfoster Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    After 18th patch i get a crashes now from anywhere not just risa. great job. I dont know what else i can update to play just for an hour without crash. Videodrivers, windows, java, c++, dx. What else do they neeeed??
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Good to know that now we can just set aside all the technical gobbledygook and complicated testing. In future, when someone starts to complain about lag, bad connection etc. we can all just nod sagely at each other and say:

"Squirrels."
    edited July 2019
    Good to know that now we can just set aside all the technical gobbledygook and complicated testing. In future, when someone starts to complain about lag, bad connection etc. we can all just nod sagely at each other and say:

"Squirrels."

Lol, rfolololol, he, he, he, he. I know right? lol, "it's those dam squirrels again," lol See y'all around the galaxy. I won't be a stranger here tho. If there's one thing this incident has taught me it's that it's best to check with the forums before panicking or writing tickets. :)
    azrael605 wrote: »
    When I said my whole town lost internet I didn't just mean STO, I meant everything. ... As to the cable, as I understand it the farmer lost track of where the utility easement was on the edge of his field and plowed too close to the road, he cut some other stuff too, sewer line, etc. Anyway my point was your local infrastructure, no matter how good, could be meaningless entirely because it connects to something more vulnerable. ...
    That must have been some bill the farmer racked up. I understand the point you're making. There's your local telecom office, stoically standing there after taking a beating, still running on it's own power, surrounded by several counties of destruction. Fortunately local pole lines and underground cables are easier to replace than the equipment in the office. In the example of a really large office I originally mentioned above replacement would take decades, hence the care taken in it's construction (and for it to be insurable given replacement costs). Also, the larger the center being served and the less rural it's location, the higher the chance it's being fed by more than one geographically unique cable in the interests of redundancy.
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    This has been going on for months...nothing has been done, or can be something be done? Such a quandary...
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
    Things have been pretty good for me both on Risa and in-game overall the past while. Not to say it hasn't had it's moments, but squirrels and farmers happen. It's the nature of the internet.

Here's my traceroute taken mid Sunday evening Pacific time. Looks decent and snappy from what I've been told in another thread.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com.

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 15 ms 2 ms 3 ms 192.168.0.1
    2 4 ms 2 ms 2 ms TRIBBLE.TRIBBLE.x.TRIBBLE
    3 6 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.31.168.1
    4 8 ms 6 ms 9 ms 154.11.12.198
    5 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms 64.125.15.12
    6 39 ms 40 ms 36 ms ae7.cs2.sea1.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.26.4]
    7 37 ms 38 ms 38 ms ae3.cs2.sjc2.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.29.40]
    8 37 ms 63 ms 58 ms ae2.cs2.lax112.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.28.197]
    9 43 ms 37 ms 39 ms ae14.mpr1.lax12.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.27.39]
    10 38 ms 39 ms 37 ms 128.177.68.30
    11 37 ms 37 ms 37 ms po110.bs-a.sech-lax.netarch.akamai.com [23.57.96.243]
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 41 ms 39 ms 43 ms ae120.access-a.sech-lax.netarch.akamai.com [23.57.96.249]
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 104 ms 104 ms 104 ms a72-52-28-178.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.28.178]
    16 113 ms 105 ms 107 ms 198.49.243.237
    17 104 ms 104 ms 105 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]

Trace complete.
    To protoneous:

Your request timeouts seem to be in the same place mine are. I ran a Traceroute after my cable fix and these were still present however since cable has been fixed my problems seem to have vanished.
    The two timeouts are completely normal. Those hops aren't accepting a ping request.
    protoneous wrote: »
    The two timeouts are completely normal. Those hops aren't accepting a ping request.

Thank you for letting me know. I was worried it would be a problem in the future.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Gee, and I always thought that Akamai promulgated spam. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    oh the lag will comeback tomorrow, when you log on, it'll make you're blood boil, cause it''s back. Tomorrow, Tomorrow, the lag will be back tomorrow, as tomorrow is only a day away.

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    oh the lag will comeback tomorrow, when you log on, it'll make you're blood boil, cause it''s back. Tomorrow, Tomorrow, the lag will be back tomorrow, as tomorrow is only a day away.

Tomorrow tho, Never Comes, lol, he, he, heeeee!
  • steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    I always thought rubber-banding was an in game reverse warp feature-my bad.
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I have also been having a lot of rubber-banding the past few days, especially today and especially in Argala.

I'll try to fire torpedo spread but after clicking key several times nothing happens and my ship is past the target, then BAM, my ship jumps backward and the previously attempted torpedos now fire on their own and target blows up, but other times it seems to eat the effect and I'm forced to wait for cooldown to try again.

I ran tracert and it looks similar to the one above, including a timeout.
    At the end of tracert, the last 3items (Akamai tech, cryptic server, and one other) all have significantly longer delay than the other hops (83-100 ms vs 10 ms or less for all prior hops):

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 7 ms 5 ms 6 ms 47.187.0.1
    3 6 ms 6 ms 9 ms 172.102.50.178
    4 8 ms 8 ms 9 ms ae8---0.scr02.dlls.tx.frontiernet.net [74.40.3.25]
    5 10 ms 8 ms 9 ms ae1---0.cbr01.dlls.tx.frontiernet.net [74.40.1.82]
    6 9 ms 9 ms 8 ms eqix-da1.akamai.com [206.223.118.209]
    7 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms po110.bs-a.sech-dfw.netarch.akamai.com [23.57.102.243]
    8 8 ms 8 ms 9 ms a72-52-1-157.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.1.157]
    9 9 ms 8 ms 9 ms ae120.access-a.sech-dfw.netarch.akamai.com [23.57.102.249]
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 85 ms 85 ms 85 ms a209-200-186-212.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [209.200.186.212]
    12 100 ms 88 ms 93 ms 198.49.243.237
    13 83 ms 81 ms 81 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]

Perhaps cryptic needs to hire more hampsters to power those servers.
This discussion has been closed.