test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please, upgrade JHSS interior!

meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
Please, upgrade the JHSS T6 interior to the modern variant of the Jem'Hadar ships. The Jem'Hadar Strike Ship ship is an R&D Promotion ship, and there's no good reason not to upgrade it -- especially since 'upgrading' just means 'swapping out one pointer for another.' Much like the T6 Wells class et al. got the upgraded Temporal bridges.

Thank you.
3lsZz0w.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And for that matter, it was always a mystery for me that a former T5 supership, the JHAS, never came with a Console. I know of no other 'Premium' ship that did so as well. In fact, except for the T5 Ambassador and those consolation prize Lockbox ships, no other T5 or T6 does not come with a Special Console.

The JHAS is still sort of sought after for its Pet unlock.

Do the T5 Jem'Hadar Ships that you get with the ViL Pack have the updated Bridge or access to them?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    And for that matter, it was always a mystery for me that a former T5 supership, the JHAS, never came with a Console. I know of no other 'Premium' ship that did so as well. In fact, except for the T5 Ambassador and those consolation prize Lockbox ships, no other T5 or T6 does not come with a Special Console.

The JHAS is still sort of sought after for its Pet unlock.

Do the T5 Jem'Hadar Ships that you get with the ViL Pack have the updated Bridge or access to them?

Yes, all Jem ships from the ViL Pack (like the Vanguard Warship) get the new, full interior. Even the ViL free T5 ship you get as Jem recruit.

And the JHAS/JHSS were very exclusive ships, at the time. There's really no reason they shouldn't get the upgrade as well.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Probably an oversight. I really need to get my Jem'Hadar Character to unlock more of the ViL Pack Ships for the Account. I did the Raider and didn't switch over to the others in the Pack.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    Pretty much every ship with a unique bridge only uses the unique bridge, part of the reason I can see them not doing it is people will start complaining that they want bridges open on all other ships and that would take time probably better spent elsewhere.
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Pretty much every ship with a unique bridge only uses the unique bridge, part of the reason I can see them not doing it is people will start complaining that they want bridges open on all other ships and that would take time probably better spent elsewhere.

We're not tallking about open bridges for all ships, but simply about upgrading the existing, old one on the JHAS/JHSS, to the new one.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    I'm just saying....letting one little thing go by typically opens the flood gates, it's a unfortunate truth.
    They have a Jem'Hader Bridge (new style) that Jem'Hadar Ships use. Just use it consistently for all Jem'Hadar Ships. All Vorgon ships use the Vorgon Bridge, etc.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    They have a Jem'Hader Bridge (new style) that Jem'Hadar Ships use. Just use it consistently for all Jem'Hadar Ships. All Vorgon ships use the Vorgon Bridge, etc.

^^ Zactly!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    This makes sense to me, but there'd probably be that "one guy" who loves the old bridge and hates the new one and would throw a tantrum over losing the bridge he "paid good money for."

He's gonna sue! His third cousin knows the Attorney General for his state! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    This makes sense to me, but there'd probably be that "one guy" who loves the old bridge and hates the new one and would throw a tantrum over losing the bridge he "paid good money for."

He's gonna sue! His third cousin knows the Attorney General for his state! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!
    Yes, well, the game supports letting players choose their own bridge. Could just unrestrict that.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    warpangel wrote: »

Yes, well, the game supports letting players choose their own bridge. Could just unrestrict that.

True. That's come up as a request before, and I do support the idea of letting a character use any bridge from all of their ships on any ship. So let us put the newer Jem'Hadar bridge on our Arbiter or Mat'Ha if we feel like it.
    Well, given we are talking about 'one guy' who might complain, too bad. When many people complained about the disinigration of Zefram Cochran Memorial Statue Holograms, Crystal Shards, Voth Operative Transmissions, or Multidimensional Transporter Devices it fell upon deaf ears.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

True. That's come up as a request before, and I do support the idea of letting a character use any bridge from all of their ships on any ship. So let us put the newer Jem'Hadar bridge on our Arbiter or Mat'Ha if we feel like it.

There's never been a real convincing reason -- outside of programmer's laziness -- to not have us select from any bridge we own, for any ship, as bridges are, per definition, local. It's one thing for CBS to say something like "Look, we only want X number of alien ships in Fed skies." But what ppl do in the privacy of their own ship, who cares?!

In this specific case, though, I was simply asking for nothing unreasonable: just to have them swap out a pointer in the database, so older Jem ships now get the new, updated, interior too -- an interior already made.

And as for that 'one person' wanting to keep the old Jem interior, then let us just choose between those 2, old and new, on Jem ships.
    3lsZz0w.jpg

I want to add, yes, especially since they stopped making bridges. So, it would be a great QOL thing, for me, if I could then at least choose freely from the ones I already own, for all the ships that either don't have a unique bridge (that number will only grow, of course), or bridges I simply don't care for all that much (like that of the Miradorn, for instance).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    @meimeitoo and I virtually never agree on anything so this is a momentous occasion. I own every single Jem'Hadar ship. C-store, lock box, lobi, promo in both Tier 5 and Tier 6. I asked @ambassadorkael#6946 and @borticuscryptic on a live stream once if they could make the vanguard bridge available for Jem'hadar prize ships (lock box, lobi and promo). The answer was a very blunt and very dismissive "no." It's such a baffling decision that they've taken too. At the end of the day though, it's just a stupid interior that's technically useless. And while it would be awesome if they did the work to make it happen, it's not a game breaking thing if it never does.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    @meimeitoo and I virtually never agree on anything so this is a momentous occasion. I own every single Jem'Hadar ship. C-store, lock box, lobi, promo in both Tier 5 and Tier 6. I asked @ambassadorkael#6946 and @borticuscryptic on a live stream once if they could make the vanguard bridge available for Jem'hadar prize ships (lock box, lobi and promo). The answer was a very blunt and very dismissive "no." It's such a baffling decision that they've taken too. At the end of the day though, it's just a stupid interior that's technically useless. And while it would be awesome if they did the work to make it happen, it's not a game breaking thing if it never does.
    Curious. There doesn't appear to be any obviously clear reason for such a categorical denial.

It could be possible they have chosen to retire the interior system completely. Perhaps to remove it or replace it with something new in the future.
This discussion has been closed.