test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Meet the Star Trek Online Devs at STLV!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
You can meet the developers behind Star Trek Online at Star Trek Las Vegas, and see a live interview with Rehka Sharma and Priority One - and that's just the first details we're revealing! More to come!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11210573

Comments

• roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    This sounds nice but what about the people that cant make it to the event? will the give away officers be made available to others or are we just sol in that regard?
    To be or not to be: B)
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I've never been able to go myself, & not this year, but I do believe it is reasonable for those that can attend to get a little something exclusive. At least for a year or some subjective amount of time. I just think Cryptic, too often, takes the exclusive approach way overboard towards past present & future players versus the inclusive more player-friendly approach. It is why I won't even consider buying certain ship bundles if I'll never be able to complete the set for example. I hope the Landry & Lorca holoboffs are cool.
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I've never been able to go myself, & not this year, but I do believe it is reasonable for those that can attend to get a little something exclusive. At least for a year or some subjective amount of time. I just think Cryptic, too often, takes the exclusive approach way overboard towards past present & future players versus the inclusive more player-friendly approach. It is why I won't even consider buying certain ship bundles if I'll never be able to complete the set for example. I hope the Landry & Lorca holoboffs are cool.

You know i have no issue in having a little something to give to the people that can make it to events. And i don't have a problem with the exclusive part so long as its in the short term like you said a year or so and then plans to release it in the zen store or make a event reward ect.

But as to the extent that the only for this sub set of players that have the time off work and extra cash to make it to an event. Not to mention from around the world i find to be a bit wrong.

I can look to my right on a shelf and see my collectors edition and read the box saying how my $100 provided me the exclusive to the RMC. It did not list a time frame for that and yet its for any one in the game now also was given away free a few times. The same can be said of event ships needing a ur token to get for one toon why all others did was run around a track or fly some to get.

In the end i have no say in the matter and i wont be there to get some code but i am interested in a answer to the plan for the rest of the player base in the same boat as i am in going to have the ability to get these at a future point in time and a reasonable estimate. Or just respond and tell us that we simply don't matter unless we are at the event.

Also like the black alert tribble same thing with it at what point will the rest of the world have a shot at it or not at all. You know some transparent honest answer would be nice and not out of reason. But i wont hold my breath on that. I have the inclination i would expire first.

In any case have fun in game or at the event for everyone that can make it.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I know stories for STO are planned out at least a year in advance, but any chance of the cast from Star Trek: Enterprise being able to reprise their roles?

The bottom picture for the STLV announcement makes me feel there was a missed opportunity there.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Well, past exclusive items have been made available through alternate means, so it wouldn't surprise me if the BOFFs were used as a future prize/reward for something else.

As for the Black Alert Tribble, anyone can actually get that by purchasing one of the qualifying tribbles from the website. You don't have to win one. The tribbles come with a code to get the in-game tribble.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Well, past exclusive items have been made available through alternate means, so it wouldn't surprise me if the BOFFs were used as a future prize/reward for something else.

This. I believe I got the TOS crew holo boffs in an email as a free reward or something.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png

This. I believe I got the TOS crew holo boffs in an email as a free reward or something.

I did too. Considering Holo Leeta/Holo Mirror Leeta, I hope that Cryptic will also make the Mirror Universe version of the TOS Holo Crew :)
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    They used to make convention exclusive items available to people who went to any convention, not just Vegas.

No idea if that's still the case.
    They used to make convention exclusive items available to people who went to any convention, not just Vegas.

No idea if that's still the case.

They probably premier those items at STLV, and then bring the codes with them to other conventions. Gives people a bonus for showing up. :)