test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2019 Movie trailer thread

f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
I know it's a little late to start this, But I didn't see one here. Figured I'd start one, with the Rambo trailer today. I know we have some great films coming out, Godzilla, X-men, etc, so please feel free to add what looks good to you here friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vWg5yJuWfs&fbclid=IwAR2SS1-IY38SGNxXcMWzV9bEdyDdcBjsU3vTenElsjbSDlxF5d5ZvPmqApQ

Rambo Last Blood.
My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.

Comments

• f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    Now that one looks good. Heard they are taking it right from T1 and T2, ignoring all the other stuff.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    Now that one looks good. Heard they are taking it right from T1 and T2, ignoring all the other stuff.

Shame. 4 was a good one. I can live without 3 and 5 though.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @artan42 said:
    > f9thretxc wrote: »
    >
    > Now that one looks good. Heard they are taking it right from T1 and T2, ignoring all the other stuff.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Shame. 4 was a good one. I can live without 3 and 5 though.

I liked 3, can do without 4 & 5, and all of it could burn if I could get the Sarah Connor Chronicles back.

3 was okay, it just didn't expand the story any. 4 gave an insight into John Conner's rise and exactly what the future was like. 5 was a fire. The scene with the 'recreation' of T1's opening scene that was so obviously not the same sets up just how useless the film was, it just didn't care.

I started watching the SCC and liked it but I've been burnt with Firefly/Serenity and thus have no intention of watching shows that get cancelled with no resolution (storyline dependent ones anyway, shows like Star Trek TOS don't count, the episodes are self contained).​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    > @artan42 said:
    > f9thretxc wrote: »
    >
    > Now that one looks good. Heard they are taking it right from T1 and T2, ignoring all the other stuff.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Shame. 4 was a good one. I can live without 3 and 5 though.

I liked 3, can do without 4 & 5, and all of it could burn if I could get the Sarah Connor Chronicles back.

3 was okay, it just didn't expand the story any. 4 gave an insight into John Conner's rise and exactly what the future was like. 5 was a fire. The scene with the 'recreation' of T1's opening scene that was so obviously not the same sets up just how useless the film was, it just didn't care.

I started watching the SCC and liked it but I've been burnt with Firefly/Serenity and thus have no intention of watching shows that get cancelled with no resolution (storyline dependent ones anyway, shows like Star Trek TOS don't count, the episodes are self contained).​​

I know I'm in the minority but I actually liked Genisys, infact I've enjoyed all the Terminator movies even though I did have issues with some of them. One thing I really like about the franchise though is that, regardless of what Cameron says about ignoring previous sequels, time travel being so integral to the story means that there is no reason everything can't be canon. T3, T:S, T:G, T:DF, and SCC can ALL exist together with everything before Dark Fate simply being alternate timelines that have been erased by continued time travel.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Sarah Connor Chronicles actually sets itself up as an alternate timeline. John and Sarah jump 10 years forward in the first episode. Skipping over T3 and avoiding those events.
    More so, it actually made a plot point of how not everyone in SCC was from the SAME timeline.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    Spider-Man: Far from Home looks awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd8OsSdXEGc

It had better not be the bait and switch Pearl Harbor was. Also BIG shoes to fill when you compare it to the original from the 70s.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Was still a pretty good War movie. Didn't try and demonize the Japanese either. It just told the story from both perspectives.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Oh. I was talking Midway.
    I think my fave WW2 movie is Tora! Tora! Tora! It was a near-documentary about things, and while it got some things wrong it tried to be as faithful to the events as possible.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    The original Midway was also like that. Showing the events from both the American and Japanese perspectives.
    I think my fave WW2 movie is Tora! Tora! Tora! It was a near-documentary about things, and while it got some things wrong it tried to be as faithful to the events as possible.

My wonderful wife of 23 years and I both just love that movie.

I think part of what makes it good is that they did their best to not over-dramatize it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    I think part of what makes it good is that they did their best to not over-dramatize it.

That is a very good point. Heh, going in the opposite direction of Drama, We watched Flying Leathernecks, today. Got about half way through the old show Midway before this old Marine zonked out.

Kind of doing the old Military movie marathon after we got to talking about the Top Gun movies.