test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celebrating a milestone in human history

zaphodbeeblebrox#3815 zaphodbeeblebrox Member Posts: 31 Arc User
50 years since landing on the moon and a lot of guys were out in force last night around ESD with fireworks and just about every spammable possible. On Discord we listened to the live feed as if it were happening now and when we heard "The Eagle has landed" the fireworks began. Afterwards we spent a lot of time trying to get 20 people to join us for a commemorative starbase fleet defense but eventually we did it and it was nice to play this TFO which I'm told is hardly ever played nowadays.

Some folks thought it would have been great if Cryptic had done something ingame to celebrate this, I'm surprised they didn't, there were all sorts of suggestions from having a moon map to a hologram of the Saturn V which you could transform your ship into, sadly we saw nothing in game, I suppose ancient history is not that important in the 25th century!

Still, we had fun and it was great to remember it again, I was nearly 5 when it happened and still remember it clearly. Here is a screenshot I took.

nODUDE9.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• asgard47asgard47 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Sounds like fun B)
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    yes Cryptic dropped the ball on that one. they could have rather easily modded the code for the Phoenix launch to a saturn V launch, maybe given everyone a toy Saturn to play with. or a toy LM that materialises in the air and you control the thrust and direction to land it in X amount of seconds say, 180 seconds of fuel.
    Spock.jpg

• trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    yes Cryptic dropped the ball on that one. they could have rather easily modded the code for the Phoenix launch to a saturn V launch, maybe given everyone a toy Saturn to play with. or a toy LM that materialises in the air and you control the thrust and direction to land it in X amount of seconds say, 180 seconds of fuel.

This would have been awesome. I love those lil toys we get from events and a launchable Saturn V would have been great.

I'm also an avid party horn collector, lol.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    2lr65e.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    2lr65e.jpg
    Hail Freiza! :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Fun fact, NASA uses the metric system. (Also: Myanmar and Liberia don't, and have yet to reach the moon)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
This discussion has been closed.