test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Ground Social Weapon: Guinan's Souvenir

khelderukkhelderuk Member Posts: 28 Arc User
So, there you are, hanging out in a Ground Social Map (Risa, ESD, Drozana, etc), when an annoying little troll starts running around, getting in the way, `/em heelrock`-ing at the ladies, shoving people around with the Section 31 Holo-Disguise, and generally being an obnoxious little petaQ. Well, I have a solution!

Guinan's "little souvenir" from Magus III, as shown in TNG S04E17, "Night Terrors". A Ground Weapon with a Secondary Fire that you can use on Social Maps.
hqdefault.jpg

When you shoot your target, you and your Team (and/or Fleetmates) see a delightful death animation ensue. The victim then suffers a 3 minute debuff, with the following effects:
  1. You (and your Team) and they are now invisible to each other.
  2. You (and your Team) and they are now intangible to each other, and cannot collide.
  3. You (and your Team) and they can no longer see each other's Local, Zone or Emote messages.

In addition, you can buy (from Lobi / Dilithium store) or craft additional consumable "Settings". These work like the Jem'Hadar Nanoenergy Cell devices, and unlock new and exotic death animations for your enjoyment and catharsis! There may even be "Advanced" and "Elite" versions of these "Settings" available, with 5 and 10 minute debuffs instead.

As for Combat - I suggest that the Secondary Fire deal no damage. Instead, it unleashes an AOE placate/"scare" control debuff - perfect for getting those pesky melee mobs to leave your allies alone, such as when they are being swarmed by Bluegills during the Arena of Sompek.

Good idea? Bad idea? Improvements? Please, let me know... And Cryptic - please let me shoot the trolls. :'(
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    Shoot the trolls? Because there's no way that the troll would use this against you, right? :smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Sounds like another way to try to force PvP.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    One player's trolling is another's recreational use of in-game items. Sounds like an attempt to police the "wrong" types of fun.
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • khelderukkhelderuk Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    tm706 wrote: »
    One player's trolling is another's recreational use of in-game items. Sounds like an attempt to police the "wrong" types of fun.

Hence why all it would do is effectively remove you and they from each other's game world. It's an opt-out, to say "do what you want, but I'm not going to see, hear, or be affected by any of it."
    Shoot the trolls? Because there's no way that the troll would use this against you, right? :smirk:

So, the trolls can use it against you, and... make themselves vanish so far as you are concerned? Sounds like a self-limiting problem to me.

If the only consequence is no longer being able to interact with an individual, then whether that is a good thing (no longer having to deal with the troll) or a bad thing (no longer having an audience or a target to troll) depends entirely on your own mindset and actions. Certainly if it had any larger impact (such as a hold, damage, knockback, or forced-instance-change) then it could be heavily abused, yes.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    This could make ESD a better place... self policing via the ignore function (or in this case a social gun) has always proven to be more effective and cheaper than hiring game masters. Plus the 'new and exotic' death animations would make for great entertainment and video clips. Hopefully the 'transporter malfunction' scenario would be one of them? STO needs a dil sink given current dilex rates, this could very well be the answer.

https://youtu.be/Ro_QpDJX-Sk
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    There's an ignore feature in the game already.
This discussion has been closed.