test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spinning Star Icons during Space Battles...

daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
I've been playing the game since pretty much day one and I've never really figured out what they mean.

I THINK, it has something to do with the leveling bar at the top of the screen, but that's just a guess.

Can someone give me a clue?
B)
STO Member since February 2009.
I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Answers

• dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    It might be the pet level up animation. Mine are usually pretty far away or out of view in combat, but I sometimes see a star float up from them when that level up tone plays.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    dumas13 wrote: »
    It might be the pet level up animation. Mine are usually pretty far away or out of view in combat, but I sometimes see a star float up from them when that level up tone plays.

Hmmmmnn...
    Perhaps, but I'm not using any shuttles or such on my current ship setup and I saw one while doing a Patrol Mission this afternoon.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    If it's a T6 ship it does the level up whoosh any time you gain a mastery level.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I asked a few years ago and it is related to Combat Pets ranking up. I was in SB1 Advanced tonight with the Discovery Constitution. While waiting for the beginning timer to count down with the Pets out, they were ranking up and stars were flying through the heavens like a meteor shower.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I've heard that animation playing when I have my repair drones out too, during space battles.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Been wondering the same, and have no clear answer yet. It appears like it relates to ship mastery leveling but isn't, since after exiting a map my ship hasn't always reached another tier yet based on stored XP granted on map move.

Might just be a bug is my guess, or some new team-based ability triggered by something.

At this point, when I'm staring into a 100% white screen for seconds at a time because of certain abilities, and I can't even see my ship hidden behind multiple layers of effects that mean zero, with a worthless ability icon toggle menu since it shuffles instead of activating in a set location for proper mouse-over tooltip, it's all an offense to both MMO design and ST canon.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    SEE ABOVE. It is either your or someone else's Pets Ranking Up.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Thank you all.
    It is apparently the PET thing.

I didn't realize that the "Reinforcements Squadron I" was considered a "PET" like all the rest.
    I thought it was just a Bridge Officer power.
    I'm using it on my T6 Light Exploration Discovery Cruiser.

👍

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Yeah, even when I use the disposable Scorpions from the Vault, if they last for long enough I start hearing that level-up tone.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
This discussion has been closed.