test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

suggestion for improvements for lockboxes

wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
please moderators, this isnt hate or other things, i cant find lockbox topic or got outdated.

i am offering some ideas, i felt that we need lobi update, we often open and get lobi, that okay.
new idea was. some players are not happy with items they pulled. then my offer are about "Sell-back" the items we dont want and trade in for lobi, and afterwhile as lobi investments get bigger and then we can turn in Lobi shards to buy what we want or need, what i am saying i have seen ESO's crown and sell unwanted items for crown shards. it is win-win for players and studio who make lockboxes since players paid for crates or keys.

it seem easier to do that way, since some players sells in exchange and then no one buys unwanted items, exchanged often get overflooded, some vendorized or discarded for loss investment. sell-back to lobi collector would make exchange pages of unsold items would begin to clear out pages and pages, more lobi shards get bigger so they can use up for better upgrades and better items for crafting/duty officers.
it would make players happy once they buy exclusive ships with lobi if they are unlucky with lockboxes and R&D boxes, and still quiet expensive as priced decently.

Neverwinter's version seem little better, nearly everything on that boxes are usaully used fairly quick and less junks than many months ago, i have seen improvements, and i do want to see STO's best improvements, what am i doing with those newly released "hologram device"? and no one would buy them on exchange. just more trash and losses and then later no one will buy the keys once they gave up when they have long losing skid. to make up for it, let us sell-back for lobi and saving up in few months later to buy what we need or want to get.

was this pretty fair concept? those who pull best prizes are lucky winners and those who not, can save up Lobi and help clear some limited inventory slots, exchanges, and bank slots, less clutter mean improved latency servers with almost lagfree and unwanted pages will be gone.

Peace and Prosper.
please no angry posts, just offer ideas, Mod will delete bad posts.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I'd love to trade mining claims for lobi since I don't enjoy that minigame.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator

Actually, you can already trade in those mining claims for either Fleet or Rep Dilithium vouchers. While the total amount is not the same as you would get if you actually used them, I think its about a 50% voucher return vs just mining the raw ore, its still usable DL without needing to refine. It just gets bound to either Rep projects or Fleet Projects.

You talk to the Ferengi who also sells EV suits at the public Dilithium Mine.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Actually, you can already trade in those mining claims for either Fleet or Rep Dilithium vouchers. While the total amount is not the same as you would get if you actually used them, I think its about a 50% voucher return vs just mining the raw ore, its still usable DL without needing to refine. It just gets bound to either Rep projects or Fleet Projects.

You talk to the Ferengi who also sells EV suits at the public Dilithium Mine.

Thanks! I thought I'd read that somewhere but I didn't see the option when I went to the wrong Ferengi (the one who launches the minigames) . Fleet is fine, our colony holding is still at T4.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    You're welcome.
    Doing a bit better than ours. We're still on the push to T4. Main reason? Dilithium.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    It's a fairly interesting idea. I could theoretically get behind it though I'd want to see what the actual return rate would be. I'm assuming it would be something like 1 lobi per item. So instead of averaging 5 lobi over the long term you would average 6 instead. When I think about it, anything more is not really a reasonable expectation IMO.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Considering that the main reason I open boxes at all because it's the only way to get Lobi, I could get behind an idea like this. I've been just lucky enough selling unwanted/unneeded stuff that I've about broken even on EC compared to just selling keys, but if just wanted EC, I would just sell keys, no, I want lobi. My low level box opening toon has a bank load of stuff from boxes that nobody wants and being able to trade those in for Lobi would be wonderful.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    I do not see a problem with this. You are still using lockboxes to get Lobi. One Lobi per resale of a lockbox item sounds like a good and fair option.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @jslyn said:
    > I do not see a problem with this. You are still using lockboxes to get Lobi. One Lobi per resale of a lockbox item sounds like a good and fair option.

Seems OK.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • thecrusaderxthecrusaderx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    wylonus wrote: »
    please moderators, this isnt hate or other things, i cant find lockbox topic or got outdated.

i am offering some ideas, i felt that we need lobi update, we often open and get lobi, that okay.
    new idea was. some players are not happy with items they pulled. then my offer are about "Sell-back" the items we dont want and trade in for lobi, and afterwhile as lobi investments get bigger and then we can turn in Lobi shards to buy what we want or need, what i am saying i have seen ESO's crown and sell unwanted items for crown shards. it is win-win for players and studio who make lockboxes since players paid for crates or keys.

it seem easier to do that way, since some players sells in exchange and then no one buys unwanted items, exchanged often get overflooded, some vendorized or discarded for loss investment. sell-back to lobi collector would make exchange pages of unsold items would begin to clear out pages and pages, more lobi shards get bigger so they can use up for better upgrades and better items for crafting/duty officers.
    it would make players happy once they buy exclusive ships with lobi if they are unlucky with lockboxes and R&D boxes, and still quiet expensive as priced decently.

Neverwinter's version seem little better, nearly everything on that boxes are usaully used fairly quick and less junks than many months ago, i have seen improvements, and i do want to see STO's best improvements, what am i doing with those newly released "hologram device"? and no one would buy them on exchange. just more trash and losses and then later no one will buy the keys once they gave up when they have long losing skid. to make up for it, let us sell-back for lobi and saving up in few months later to buy what we need or want to get.

was this pretty fair concept? those who pull best prizes are lucky winners and those who not, can save up Lobi and help clear some limited inventory slots, exchanges, and bank slots, less clutter mean improved latency servers with almost lagfree and unwanted pages will be gone.

Peace and Prosper.
    please no angry posts, just offer ideas, Mod will delete bad posts.

Here is an idea, why not just post this in feedback? Just saying, I would think they would be more than likely see it in there than here right?

I don't know, this seems like it may work. But I just figure perhaps if they see in the right spot would it get more exposure that and reduce clutter between the other conversations.
    tumblr_p7rwq2Qtxu1wsk1foo1_500.jpg

• wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    good idea and thanks, Moderators, could this move to feedback topic please?
This discussion has been closed.