test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP Universal Endeavor? Really?

shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
PVP on this game is broke as heck and always has been. Every time I participate in anything but a fun match against friends I leave with a really bad taste in my mouth and stay out of it for years. its too much "first shot wins" type of thing due to the super-high dps ships. so who had the dim-light-in-the-box moment to make "participate in a pvp match" a universal that can't be rerolled? thanks for TRIBBLE me out of that reward.

Comments

• doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    There is nothing broke, it worked just fine and you don't have to win anymore only participate so i don't see a problem here.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Someone who just had to find something to complain about. If you don't want to do it, wait till later today and it'll roll over.

You don't lose that much for skipping the universal.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    It was fun. Setting a grav well and the vortex and ... charged particle burst. I died in the end once or twice.
    Never joined with the tacs or the engineers though. Science is really fun.
  • mspfuelermspfueler Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I thought it was one of the easier ones. Join, die 3 times and it's over. I didn't even bother taking a shot. Less than 5 minutes work for the reward. We lost 15-0. And I won the reward lottery. A 10k dil box. Woot woot!
    Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Oh, well, I did, it was fun while it lasted.
    It was Ground PvP, something I didn't even do when I still did PvP, many years ago. Was surprised how much damage my Exothermic Field did, plenty of people died on impact, basically. But I guess that's all the people doing the Endeavour and not the ones that know what they were doing.

It's a shame that Cryptic never found a way to balance the needs of PvP and PvE and that their Competitive Rep STFs are basically just as dead as the rest of PvP. But I guess STO was always more of a PvE game, even in the beginning, even if the KDF was a PvP only faction. But it had really good potential IMO.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Wow who cares? Are you so worried about losing 400 endeavor points?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    And what's the deal with airplane peanuts?

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    Rant thread. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.