Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 7/18/19

13»

Comments

• reiwa#9980 reiwa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    [redacted]
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Guys... relax. Its not the end of the world. Its just extended maintenance.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thesarnackthesarnack Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Is there a current ETA?
    Also, how awesome would it be to be flying around in sector space and have a random " ? " pop up near you. When you check it out its like an old model-T ford or something just floating around, no context, no anything, just your officer's going ' wtf? '
  • ukcr00k13ukcr00k13 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    (Flaming/Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    but but I need to kill things on my Klingon... Desire must be quenched cryptic.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Guys... relax. Its not the end of the world. Its just extended maintenance.

Seconded
    thesarnack wrote: »
    Is there a current ETA?
    Also, how awesome would it be to be flying around in sector space and have a random " ? " pop up near you. When you check it out its like an old model-T ford or something just floating around, no context, no anything, just your officer's going ' wtf? '

12.30 pm Pacific .... 8.30 pm UK
    edited July 2019
    thesarnack wrote: »
    Is there a current ETA?

12:30 Pacific, so... about one more hour.
    ukcr00k13 wrote: »

Lay off dude. They're working on it.
    gaalom wrote: »
    but but I need to kill things on my Klingon... Desire must be quenched cryptic.

Soon... soon you will get to have glory and honor in battle.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Anyone up for a game of Red Light. Green Light?

Okay, I'll start. Red Light!

Green Light !!!!! Oh wait I'm color blind .... LOL
    edited July 2019
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    > @gaalom said:
    > but but I need to kill things on my Klingon... Desire must be quenched cryptic.

Yes... Please... Your klingonese fleas are annoying... :wink:
    edited July 2019
    ukcr00k13 wrote: »

First off... you don't know how STO is set up, or anything about STO's code. So don't act like you know all.
    Second... you're not the only one waiting. Just be patient. Ranting and making demands will not make it go any faster. In fact... making demands (especially in an aggressive manner) is generally frowned upon on the forums.
    yay gone green finally, forum of no interest now, no responses will be read. bye!!!!!
  • janeamesway#3389 janeamesway Member Posts: 1 New User
    Downloading game today. Installed all the patches. Created an Arc Account. Waited until about an hour ago (or more now) before even thinking about trying to play the game after the maintenance. Game lets me log in on the first screen, game starts, then I get two loading screens from Cryptic, the title screen, then the log in screen again with the planet in the background, moon in the foreground. Asking me for account name/email that I used for my account. I supply my e-mail. Then it says it needs my user name. I give it my arc user name. Then it says repeatedly that this is an incorrect display name and that I must have a display name to play the game. Went through online tech support for over an hour and they could not help me. Just repeating that the game SHOULD be letting me in. I mean, that was said to me about a dozen times.

Never had this kind of issue with any game I've ever tried to play online MMO types in my decades of gaming. I mean, this is epic failure.
  • warhammeredwarhammered Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    There's a current problem with the new ships (at least the Federation one). They aren't gaining any ship experience. Edit: Scratch that, it's just not showing up as it happens. You have to get to a new map for it to show. Odd.
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    what is it?

where is the re-patch button?

cfaz3yI.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Downloading game today. Installed all the patches. Created an Arc Account. Waited until about an hour ago (or more now) before even thinking about trying to play the game after the maintenance. Game lets me log in on the first screen, game starts, then I get two loading screens from Cryptic, the title screen, then the log in screen again with the planet in the background, moon in the foreground. Asking me for account name/email that I used for my account. I supply my e-mail. Then it says it needs my user name. I give it my arc user name. Then it says repeatedly that this is an incorrect display name and that I must have a display name to play the game. Went through online tech support for over an hour and they could not help me. Just repeating that the game SHOULD be letting me in. I mean, that was said to me about a dozen times.

Never had this kind of issue with any game I've ever tried to play online MMO types in my decades of gaming. I mean, this is epic failure.

They are doing a maintenance thing right now so that might be it. I have not been able to get past the gas giant with moon screen today yet either. It is sometimes rough when they start back up for a few hours.
    There's a current problem with the new ships (at least the Federation one). They aren't gaining any ship experience. Edit: Scratch that, it's just not showing up as it happens. You have to get to a new map for it to show. Odd.

Possibly one way to try and cut down on lag. There was a thread about it in General already.
This discussion has been closed.