test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Vo'Quv Carrier

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    mjolldir wrote: »
    we have romulan cloaking tech now - whatever 'issues' existed for the KDF back then are invalid now​​
    Isn't it canon that Klingon cloaks are the least technologically sophisticated?

It was canon in the TV shows, the game is actually ahead 30 years from the last 24th century TV show, and even then in the battles of DS9 klingon ships could cloak as they wanted, in my personal opinion all cloak should be as battlecloak, its not like it would do any dmg to the existing(non) pvp, and its a bit stupid you cant cloak once you are in combat for ships like raptors, but OK I could accept that as big as it is the voquv cant cloak as it wants. even if there are way bigger ships out there now and technology sure would have progressed heaps in that direction.

What I would be more interested in is the trait, I think the T6 Voquv should have a pet trait as it was the first carrier in-game, and the trait should be focused on frigate pets as the Voquv has iconic Bird of Prey pets.

One interesting pet trait would the Vo'quv could have enhanced command coordination so any use of attack patterns would be echoed by the pets or otherwise enhanced by/for them (unless that already happens, so far I have not found a definitive answer to whether they do or not as an extension of the player ship).
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    they don't; nothing is shared with pets unless you have something that specifically shares something with them - like superior area denial granting pets CSV when you activate CSV​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    they don't; nothing is shared with pets unless you have something that specifically shares something with them - like superior area denial granting pets CSV when you activate CSV​​

I suspected it was something like that.

The Vo'quv is so ungainly that its fighters are more essential than they are for a lot of the other carriers so that attack pattern sharing trait would be extremely useful for it. I have seen a lot of Vo'quvs running an all-turret or turret/omni "Glactica" build since unless you go for a full FaW setup the 360 weapons staying on target all the time can actually parse out better than arrays.

On the other hand, that trait might be a little OP if the player switches to a more agile carrier like the Kar'fi after getting it.
  • mjolldirmjolldir Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Trait name - Sto'Vo'Kor - Your frigate pets go into frenzy as the battle keeps going, increase dm and speed over time/decreases resistance till a tot max, glory awaits you in the afterlife.
    Just an example.
    IMG_260543.jpg
    the penalty of which can be completely negated by scramble fighters - doesn't matter of you have -500 resist if you're constantly immune to damage​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Just the pets are immune to damage with scramble fighter but a great trait - I consider it a must have trait for carrier pilots

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Scramble_Fighters
    yes, everyone does - that plus the fact it can only be obtained from delta alliance promo packs is why it frequently pushes 100m whenever there are any on the exchange​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Was 160m back when I bought mine
    the penalty of which can be completely negated by scramble fighters - doesn't matter of you have -500 resist if you're constantly immune to damage​​

Well to be fair scramble fighters shouldn't give you immunity at all times, and using 2 starship traits for hangars also lowers other dps sources as there arent many pets that can keep up with a ship dps, apart the new Connie/D7 pets that are shaming all others from what I saw on some dps parses, but that might not last as they can be nerfed in the near future. And this would be a specific frigate hangar trait, so that would be also something different.
    IMG_260543.jpg
    edited July 2019
    mjolldir wrote: »

Well to be fair scramble fighters shouldn't give you immunity at all times, and using 2 starship traits for hangars also lowers other dps sources as there arent many pets that can keep up with a ship dps, apart the new Connie/D7 pets that are shaming all others from what I saw on some dps parses, but that might not last as they can be nerfed in the near future. And this would be a specific frigate hangar trait, so that would be also something different.

They made it so that you need one MW D7 or MW Constitution to rule them all(carriers)
  • paikohm4paikohm4 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Trait: Temporal microdisplacement

Casts rubberbanding on target. Affects enemies in the 3km vicinity of the target. It causes kinetic shearing damage for 20 secs.
    Affected by abilities and consoles amplifying kinetic damage.

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Even if there will be a T6 Vo'Quv, there is still a problem.

The BOP hangar units.

Namely, hangar units that rely heavily on narrow arc weapons. The BOP pets, Fer'Jai frigates. Any of these frigate pets with narrow firing arc weapon focus all suck because most of the time, their main weapons are never facing their enemy. They lack the agility to quickly bring those narrow arc weapons to bear on the target.

I got fed up and tired using the BOP pets for Vo'Quv years ago watching the d*mn things just circle around the target with only the turrets firing and rarely the DHCs and Quantum Torps.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • thecrusaderxthecrusaderx Member Posts: 20 Arc User

The BOP hangar units.

Namely, hangar units that rely heavily on narrow arc weapons. The BOP pets, Fer'Jai frigates. Any of these frigate pets with narrow firing arc weapon focus all suck because most of the time, their main weapons are never facing their enemy. They lack the agility to quickly bring those narrow arc weapons to bear on the target.

I got fed up and tired using the BOP pets for Vo'Quv years ago watching the d*mn things just circle around the target with only the turrets firing and rarely the DHCs and Quantum Torps.

True, if we are going to get a T6 Vo'quv carrier one day. The first thing they need to do is to rework their pets. Especially the frigates to be compete with those of the federation and cross faction ships.

I suppose the same can be said with a lot of the older carrier pets but if one were to have BOPs as their frigates, at the very least they should be as effective as Romulan Scrimitar Drones.

Although at the very least, I do hope they improve their overall able to take hits and turn better than their T5 counterparts.
    tumblr_p7rwq2Qtxu1wsk1foo1_500.jpg

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2019

The BOP hangar units.

True, if we are going to get a T6 Vo'quv carrier one day. The first thing they need to do is to rework their pets. Especially the frigates to be compete with those of the federation and cross faction ships.

I suppose the same can be said with a lot of the older carrier pets but if one were to have BOPs as their frigates, at the very least they should be as effective as Romulan Scrimitar Drones.

Although at the very least, I do hope they improve their overall able to take hits and turn better than their T5 counterparts.

Hangar unit AI has never been all too good, especially the less agile frigates with narrow arc weapon focus. It was bad even at Launch. It only became more apparent the more I played my Vo'Quv.

Fast forward several years, Cryptic releases the Feds' Jupiter Carrier. I saw the unique frigates she had, knew they'd fly like sh*t like all other frigates do. I saw the same focus on narrow arc weapons like the BOP frigates did. I knew instantly that Jupiter's frigates were going to be absolute trash. When the ship went live there were a lot of complaints about how bad these frigates were.

I felt bad for the Feds that did buy her and found her special frigates sucked. But the veteran Carrier players, mostly from KDF because they've long had Carriers, already knew this was going to happen for the Jupiter. All the signs were there. Unfortunately for the Feds, which only had the very old T5 Atrox to work with, and they got excited with T6 Jupiter, they got burned.

To Cryptic's credit, they tried to do some quick fixes after Jupiter released to make it better (funny they wouldn't do that when the complaints existed for Vo'Quv's BOPs years prior). But it didn't work, they still functioned badly.

How many Jupiter Carriers you see these days? Or better yet, Jupiter Carriers using their unique frigates in 2019?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Good point about the poor state of narrow arc pets.

Haven't seen a Jupiter in forever, but I don't play much anymore. Really enjoy my own Jupiter. It's a science Odyssey. I use Aeon timeship pets on it, or scorpion fighters.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Yea... cannon pets do kinda suck unless they are pure turrets. I think the Caitian Stalkers use only turrets.
    Which is why beam pets like the Class C Shuttles and Orion Slavers are superior. They can bring their main guns around a lot more effectively because of wider firing arc.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    i know a way to fix all these arc problems...make all pet weapons omni-directional, or at least give them all an integrated [Arc] modifier

not only will it fix the issues with them being unable to pilot, it'll also shake up the current pet meta​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    i know a way to fix all these arc problems...make all pet weapons omni-directional, or at least give them all an integrated [Arc] modifier

not only will it fix the issues with them being unable to pilot, it'll also shake up the current pet meta​​

But that basically wrecks the style of these pets. A BoP that fires turrets or beam arrays does not look like a BoP.

Fixing the pet AI and abilities to make these pets more viable should be possible. They made the Vanguard pets work, the Vaadwaur also seem to be far better in aggressively using their weapons.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User

But that basically wrecks the style of these pets. A BoP that fires turrets or beam arrays does not look like a BoP.

Fixing the pet AI and abilities to make these pets more viable should be possible. They made the Vanguard pets work, the Vaadwaur also seem to be far better in aggressively using their weapons.

THe reason the vanguard pets work is because they actually do use beams. The AI for pets in general just flat out doesn't support narrow firing arcs. Now if they transplanted the ai from the Jem Light Battlecruiser trait (a bugship that is actually super on point with aiming at the enemy) it might fix a few things.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    The simple answer could be to make the bop pets weapons (and any other dual/dual heavy cannon/dbb/torpedo launching pet) all [arcx2] modified - if a dual cannon has a 120 degree arc, it would be more usable by the current pet AI

It'd be a kludge solution for sure, but its potentially a lot faster to implement than a full AI overhaul
    Yes I had noticed the problem with very narrow angle weapons

Making the all pet DHC weapons 90 degree arc instead 45 degree(Wide DHCs like the one we can craft) and adding more turn rate may help lower the issue without having to change the nature of the BoPs
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Thrai has special pets with dhc, CRF, and Lock Trajectory. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    T6 Vo'Quv?

tenor.gif
    Spock.jpg

Also in general I wish there were more T6 carriers in C-Store. We seem limited to LBs/Promos and Events for getting carriers
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    totally for a cash store t6 vo'quv and romulan equivalent... overdue by 5yrs or so
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Gimme Gimme Gimme!!!

I have a character that still flies the Vo'Quv and would love to have a T6 version.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    I actually use the T5U version too with the mirror universe skin
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Yeah it's time for a T6 Vo'Quv, perhaps with cloaking this time. And a Fed, Jem'hadar and Romulan carrier. Like a T6 Atrox, a Remen style carrier, and a maybe a allied Dominion race Carrier for the Dominion, or a Cardassian carrier that can be unlocked for other races.
    Maybe there is a small chance Vo'Quv or Kar'fi get included on the anniversary ships
    we can dream about it, a T6 Voquv is one of the best options, but i somehow doubt it
    IMG_260543.jpg
This discussion has been closed.