test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Temporal Warship Bundle!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Temporal Warship Bundle is coming soon to PC, with new ships for every faction - and for the first time, Captains of any faction can command Romulan and Jem'Hadar ships! Buy the bundle to get a C-store ship for half off!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11206743

Comments

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    confused - so if I buy the rom ship... all my characters (fed, kdf, dom & rom) can use the ship. the final ship mastery will depend on the captain, not the ship. the consoles for all ship flavors are the same...

so outside of Admiralty... is there a reason to buy more than 1 ship?

so if I buy the full 4 ship bundle...

my fed toon can fly the Fed ship, Rom ship, Dom Ship & KDF ship and get a total of 4 admiralty cards... the ship console stays the same, the final ship trait is the same since it is based off the captain and not the ship.
    2nd thought... you guys should really change it so the ship trait is tied to ship and not captain.

that way as a fed I can get a pol or dis or plas boost. same for other factions.

is this to stop folks from slotting all 4 traits to get a super buff weapon haste?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Is the Hoover skin tied to the fleet version? I was thinking that I could tolerate it on a DSC char, but one can't make fleet credits on low levels.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    2nd thought... you guys should really change it so the ship trait is tied to ship and not captain.

that way as a fed I can get a pol or dis or plas boost.

This please! My "Dominion" character is actually a Federation Alien so that I could have a Vorta in command, so the trait is useless on that character if it's restricted to phasers.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    is this to stop folks from slotting all 4 traits to get a super buff weapon haste?

Its to make it a less useful trait. Most traits just say "energy weapon damage"... if this did, it would be faction-agnostic and you could just give the same trait to all ships for all factions.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    confused - so if I buy the rom ship... all my characters (fed, kdf, dom & rom) can use the ship. the final ship mastery will depend on the captain, not the ship. the consoles for all ship flavors are the same...

my fed toon can fly the Fed ship, Rom ship, Dom Ship & KDF ship and get a total of 4 admiralty cards... the ship console stays the same, the final ship trait is the same since it is based off the captain and not the ship.

I'm pretty sure Fed alts will only be able to fly the Fed, Rom and Jem ships, not the KDF one. And KDF will be locked out from getting the Fed ship, but the others are obviously open.

Roms and Jems will likely be able to only use the ships of their allies, either Fed or KDF, not both. So a max of 3 of the 4 ships on any single alt.

At least that's how I'm seeing it. I could easily be wrong. And part of me hopes I am as all 4 would be a pretty nice option.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited July 2019

Yup. Except for admiralty, there's literally no reason to get anything but the romulan ship. I suspect that's why they added the coupon, to make it a more appealing deal.
    It's really disappointing, as that would have been a great way to have faction specific traits... but based on the ship. So if a Fed flies the Rom ship, they would get plasma boosters. Makes so much sense, and is flexible and open to more faction ship based traits and customization options.

This, this is just the exact same ship with 4 skins. Lost potential. :-(
    Rom ship is the only one worth getting (or JH if you don't like the singularity mechanic).

I don't like breaking bundles... but this is a prime candidate for bundle breaking.

EDIT: So apparently (as said in livestream) the coupon is more like the NW coupons. It's just an item that applies a 50% discount to the ship in the C-Store, instead of the current 100% off we have for the current coupons (which means we aren't paying for it up front in the bundle).
    Post edited by phoenix841 on
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Rom ship is the only one worth getting (or JH if you don't like the singularity mechanic).

I thought about a Rom ship... but then I realized I would need to buy a Fleet Sing Core for my Fed, KDF & Dom caps. Better off with Dom ship since my Rom already has a Fleet Warp Core with AMP. Also Dom has 2 fixed pets/wingmen to help with dps.
  • ee3452pee3452p Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Its good that there are new Romulan and Dominion ships available in the Zen Store, I greatly appreciate it.

However, there are some details that should be reconsidered for the package to be a full success:

- Non-Romulan Captain now need access to all singularity cores that Romulans have access too: Reputation etc..
    - Limiting the trait to one specific energy per Faction is... well... limiting. A lot of my toons do not fly "by the books" and use completely different energy types. For them, the trait is mostly useless
    - NUMBERS. Give us NUMBERS of how strong the trait/console actually is. What so difficult of writing in the blog "+x cat.y dmg" etc? By the time you release the ship and make the announcement post, you should have made a decision and fixed the actual value.

While the idea of a four-faction bundle is nice (and I do consider the overall reduced price for four ships as "fair"), there is something lacking to convince me to buy all four ships instead of just one. Its basically four times the same ship after all, and the individual ships, beyond optics, do not differ enough to value four times the purchase. What about some nice individual consoles that give good set-boni when combined? Some other goodies, like stacking traits?

Right now its either buying the Warbird or the Dominion version as it unlocks for all factions.

The Dominion version, btw. with 0.75 has one of the lowest, if not the lowest hull modifiers of all tier 6 ships in the game. Kor Bird of Prey has 0.8 . It means that the Dominion warship, once the shields are gone, is toast extremely fast. And we all know how valuable shields are in a Borg STF.

So overall, nice optics, nice that there are new Dominion and Romulan ships. However, there needs to be "something more" to persuade me to buy the entire pack instead of just one ship.
    A zero cost way for Cryptic to finance and expand the foundry

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1247522/foundry-sunset-april-11th-2019/p15

Look at my post about a Foundry Ship

BRING BACK THE FOUNDRY!
    ee3452p wrote: »
    The Dominion version, btw. with 0.75 has one of the lowest, if not the lowest hull modifiers of all tier 6 ships in the game. Kor Bird of Prey has 0.8 . It means that the Dominion warship, once the shields are gone, is toast extremely fast. And we all know how valuable shields are in a Borg STF.

The hull modifiers seem to be where they dumped their "negative" numbers when building these ships in their spreadsheet. I'm not sure they've really gotten the hang of that yet, as the mechanical design of many of the ships since discovery came to STO have been sketchy (like the Europa...).

I suppose if a Battlecruiser can have only 2 tac consoles, a Warship can have a hull made out of balsa wood...
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    On a different note: For those of us who have no need for it, will we be able to gift the 50% off coupon to someone else?
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    ee3452p wrote: »
    Its good that there are new Romulan and Dominion ships available in the Zen Store, I greatly appreciate it.

However, there are some details that should be reconsidered for the package to be a full success:

- Non-Romulan Captain now need access to all singularity cores that Romulans have access too: Reputation etc..

Actually all characters already have access to reputation singularity cores (I checked yesterday on my Fed character). The only thing we don't get right now is the event ship cores (eg. Bajor Defense).

I agree with you on the traits though.
    phoenix841 wrote: »

I thought about a Rom ship... but then I realized I would need to buy a Fleet Sing Core for my Fed, KDF & Dom caps. Better off with Dom ship since my Rom already has a Fleet Warp Core with AMP. Also Dom has 2 fixed pets/wingmen to help with dps.

You're right, the JH is good for the wingman mechanic as well.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    JH has the weakest hull though.

Anyway, bought the warbird, because it's a warbird, didn't actually fly the ship yet... Then again, I have this much-neglected Romulan Delta Recruit still not out of faction select, so maybe it's time to play her...
    nebfab wrote: »

Which results in it having a base hull of around 40k rather than 48k like the warbird, but having a much stronger secondary mechanic (the wingmen are probably the best "special" ship mechanic in STO), being usable on any character regardless of faction, and not being held back by the singularity core requirement of the warbird.

I'll happily trade the hull for that. The only reasons to go with the warbird are 1) it's a much nicer looking ship (which it really is) or 2) you heavily main, or exclusively play a romulan and thus are already flush with good singularity cores on any character you care about.
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    nebfab wrote: »

Which results in it having a base hull of around 40k rather than 48k like the warbird, but having a much stronger secondary mechanic (the wingmen are probably the best "special" ship mechanic in STO), being usable on any character regardless of faction, and not being held back by the singularity core requirement of the warbird.

I'll happily trade the hull for that. The only reasons to go with the warbird are 1) it's a much nicer looking ship (which it really is) or 2) you heavily main, or exclusively play a romulan and thus are already flush with good singularity cores on any character you care about.

Oh, I agree, wingmen are probably worth the hull in the end, just wanted to point that out.

And, while I don't main or pay exclusively Romulans, I like them and the warbird aesthetics (I think I actually have more warbirds than KDF ships) and have (or can get) plenty sing cores on all alts that matter.
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Hum I buy most of ships based on Hull Strength I notice it is not say it on there description only a Hull Modifier, So what is the Hull Strength on these Ships?
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    While I agree, that the Jem'Jahadar ship got better mechanics, personally I did get the Warbird.
    It will never be a main ship on any of my toon, and I already have the Vanguard Pack - the ships there are fleet grade, so the performance is better.
    Actually my main shps on my characters are ships from Mega bundles, or other fleet-grade ships.
    I choose the Warbird because I like to try it on other factions… and I hope than in future all Romulan ships will be unlocked for other factions.
    And for Singularity Core… for now my main R&D toon just crafted one Purple MkXII - it will bound to account once it is used, so I will just use it to get the trait - I do not need to go all out on gear for this ship just to get trait - and put it in Account bank for other toons. :)
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    The worst ship is the Edison/Hoover, they have no real advantage compared to the other ships, they get something special, while the Klingons get Battle Cloak, The Romulans get Romulan Battle Cloak and Singularity powers and the Dominion gets the Vanguard Wingman ability (who needs cloak when you have Vanguard).

The federation ship should get something, even if it's .2 more shield mod and a faster impulse speed. Because why fly it when you can fly the Romulan and Dominion ones both of which are more interesting in different ways then the federation one.

My primary is an Orion KDF so no preference for the feds, just an observation.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I'm not buying none nor the complete bundle yet, but if I were to it would be in preference: Kholhr, then depending upon the day this Chargh or the JH but that wingmen mechanic is nice indeed along with the JH like the Rom being all faction friendly, then caboosed by the Edison &/or Hoover. The Fed version does seem to be lacking something compared to the other versions, but it is still a well-rounded vessel I think.

I already got burned a little by a couple of Cryptic's recent sales after I bought on 1 sale then another soon after being -5% better so the in-game adage of never buy unless it is a true sale I'm going to adhere strictly to till something comes across as a real good value.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    50% off ,coupon is a nice idea. hope you can add it to t5 bundles too
  • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Even with the coupon, I'll pass on this bundle.
    starmanj wrote: »
    Hum I buy most of ships based on Hull Strength I notice it is not say it on there description only a Hull Modifier, So what is the Hull Strength on these Ships?

The "base" hull for ships at 65 is 45,000 points. Multiply that by the hull modifier and you'll find the ship's own base hull. That'll put the base hull for the new ships at 40,500 for all except the Jem'Hadar ship which will be 33,750 and the Chargh that will be 42,750.. at least if the original posted stats remain true. If you buy your ships based on hull strength then you're going to be focused on slow cruisers anyway, so these aren't the ships for you.
    lordgyor wrote: »
    The worst ship is the Edison/Hoover, they have no real advantage compared to the other ships, they get something special, while the Klingons get Battle Cloak, The Romulans get Romulan Battle Cloak and Singularity powers and the Dominion gets the Vanguard Wingman ability (who needs cloak when you have Vanguard).

If you're not about ship aesthetics (which, in the long run, robody is... very few people stick to on pretty ship even if they imagined they would when they bought it) then the real consideration is utility. The FED and KDF ships are at the bottom simply because they can only be used by 3 of the 4 factions (FED can't fly the Chargh, KDF can't fly the Hoover), the Romulan ship is above them, but is held back by the singularity core requirements (non-Rom characters will have bought and upgraded warp cores and sets that use warp cores) which puts the Jem'Hadar ship at the top... usable on all 4 factions and based on warp cores.

Even romulan characters, unless they've been played as purists, will have warp cores from the cross faction and aligned major faction ships they've acquired and flown. It makes a warp core ship an easy transition.

Or.... just buy what you think is prettiest and accept that neither the trait nor the console are wonderful, and they ship will probably be tossed in your ship bin within a few weeks anyway.
    Even with the coupon, I'll pass on this bundle.

Same here. I'll pick up the JH ship when there's a steeper discount than 20%, but it's not a show-stopper. Plus, I'm still loving the Discovery-era Constitution. It'd take a playable Borg Cube or maybe the Ba'ul Sentry Ship to pull me off it for the foreseeable future... and I don't imagine we'll ever see either of them.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    On a different note: For those of us who have no need for it, will we be able to gift the 50% off coupon to someone else?

I highly doubt it since they are been shady about the other gift coupons aswell. I still wait for mine to be able to actually gift it since even if it writes on it "Gift" yet you cant really gift it to anyone since its Account Bound...
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    mosul33 wrote: »

I highly doubt it since they are been shady about the other gift coupons aswell. I still wait for mine to be able to actually gift it since even if it writes on it "Gift" yet you cant really gift it to anyone since its Account Bound...

Yeah, it's account bound.

Well, time to chuck it since I have zero need for it.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    mosul33 wrote: »

Yeah, it's account bound.

Well, time to chuck it since I have zero need for it.

There was a seven day account-bound lock. So I'm assuming after the seventh day it's no longer bound....
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    I got an email Wednesday around 2pm PST, the 24th. Promoting this discounted bundle. I clicked the link in that email. Which, of course, took me to the previously published news item about the bundle. With the discount price offered from July 18th at 8am PT to July 22nd at 10am PT. Which suggests that the promotion was over two days before the email was sent out. I just thought that I should point out the discrepancy.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The email said 8,000 for the Bundle, which is the normal price. It tries to show you that the 8,000 is a savings over a 13,500 price (4 Ships @ 3,000 each plus the 50% off Token worth 1,500 for a Tier 6 Ship).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns