test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Command the Discovery Era Enterprise and D7!

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I like seeing this in the reedit page:

level 1

8 points ·
    21 hours ago

They should look at a T6 Exeter in the C-Store with some new parts, IMHO. Maybe give it an alternate “lost era” skin based on the Ambassador and the Stargazer. Stargazer nacelles and saucer. Ambassador neck and struts. Oberth inspired main hull. Advanced Phaser Beam Banks. Folks have gone nuts over conjectural ships in STO like the NX Refit and Georgiou. A post-Undiscovered Country Connie Refit would work. Maybe a project by Scotty after Khitomer and before his scheduled retirement. Maybe Starfleet abandoned it because the design specs were too low only for Scotty, after re-emerging at the Jenolen Dyson Sphere, informing them that his specs were a wee bit conservative, causing them to resume production in the late 24th century. Aberdeen Class?

And a Mirror Defiant Retrofit Connie for Lobi.
    level 2

2 points ·
    11 hours ago

I WANT THIS IN MY LIFE.

A vanilla C-store Cruiser with MW seating based on that lore with Exeter/Excalibur/Vesper parts in addition to parts from the new class? That's that dream, baby!
    level 3

2 points ·
    5 hours ago

It just kind of makes sense to me that Scotty would spend his last few years trying to keep the Connie in service. I think he’d be sad at the 1701-A being decommissioned but at least it wouldn’t be taking damage as a museum ship. But abandoning the Connie design principles? He’d never tolerate that.

A vanilla T6 cruiser would, I think be rather reasonable. I mean a T6 Excalibur, without temporal, miracle or command would be OKAY, would it not?

Also, as someone on the page said, WHY are hero ships from TNG/Voyager/DS9 on cstore? Why is TOS THE "NO-NO" zone?

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    I'm curious about whether the Advanced Phaser Beams should be left with their DMGX3 mods instead of reverse engineering better mods?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @thlaylierah said:
    > I'm curious about whether the Advanced Phaser Beams should be left with their DMGX3 mods instead of reverse engineering better mods?

I think they should stay that way. Remember, they get more effective the more you use, that's like a fourth proc already.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    more like a full set of six (because the proc caps out at 60% bonus damage - they already nerfed it before they even released the ship) is equal to having a full set of terran beams equipped if such a thing were actually possible​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    more like a full set of six (because the proc caps out at 60% bonus damage - they already nerfed it before they even released the ship) is equal to having a full set of terran beams equipped if such a thing were actually possible​​

People are making way too much over the Advanced Phasers.

The real problem is that beams suck in general because they were massively over nerfed. The Advanced Phasers still can't touch cannons, but they smoke every other beam in the game.

This goes to show how far behind beams are to begin with. The Advanced Phasers are closer to where beams SHOULD be.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Out of curiosity.

Are the beams a dil store unlock and if so are they mildly overpriced like the andorian ones or closer to extortion like the cardies?
    Out of curiosity.

Are the beams a dil store unlock and if so are they mildly overpriced like the andorian ones or closer to extortion like the cardies?

They are in the Dilithium Store, yes.

If I remember correctly, they're 28k Dilithium each. They come at Mark XII Very Rare.

The ship comes with 6 of them already, so at most you would have to buy 2.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Unlocked but only the Advanced Phaser Array is available for purchase in the Dilitium Store. There are no other weapons. They run about 35k Dilitium with Fleet Mine Discounts.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    but there's no point in buying more than the 6 the ship comes with unless you're going for pure visual, because the bonus caps at 60%​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    43k dil without discounts I think, I posted the number somewhere a few days ago
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • mbaldelli02909mbaldelli02909 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Also, as someone on the page said, WHY are hero ships from TNG/Voyager/DS9 on cstore? Why is TOS THE "NO-NO" zone?

Oh that's easy to answer; demographics. In the morning when I'm typically playing, most of the folk that are the most vocal are also my age to 10 years older. And I was born during the end of the baby boomers generation. They're also the ones able to throw scads of money at something in order to get it.
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    but there's no point in buying more than the 6 the ship comes with unless you're going for pure visual, because the bonus caps at 60%​​

The point would be that you'd have 1 or 2 more beam arrays that benefit from the 60% damage boost and which would increase the chance that boost would kick in and remain in place... unless you have a bunch of other weapons you feel would do more damage during a given mission/TFO on that beam boat.
    yes, actually...the terran phaser and geordie omni + console for scaling damage as enemy HP decreases and firing cycle haste respectively - the latter of which applies to ALL weapons and makes those advanced beams just that bit more deadly​​

#LegalizeAwoo

yes, actually...the terran phaser and geordie omni + console for scaling damage as enemy HP decreases and firing cycle haste respectively - the latter of which applies to ALL weapons and makes those advanced beams just that bit more deadly​​

Could you please elaborate on this equipment? I like trying new things.

Is "the Terran Phaser" the one from the Terran Rep?

What is the "geordie omni" and which console goes with it?

Thanks.
    edited June 2019

Thanks.

The Beam he's talking about is the Terran Task Force Beam Array from Rep. It comes in Disruptor or Phaser Variant and is widely considered the single best beam available. The proc that does more damage as enemy health decreases is nasty.

I have never heard anyone call it a 'geordie omni,' but he means the Omni and Console from the Trilithium Laced Weaponry set that's available from the mission 'Beyond The Nexus.' The 2pc 'Speed Tweaks' perk is very nice.

Personally, I like the aesthitic of the Advanced Phasers. I run 7 Advanced Phaser Beams and the Trilithium Turret/console for the 2pc bonus and to trigger Mixed Armaments Synergy.

You can't really see the single turret firing, so it doesn't break the visual of the blue beams, but I still get Speed Tweaks and can use one of the most powerful Bridge Officer abilities in the game. I don't use the Terran Beam because I don't want the single Orange Beam, but if I really wanted to maximize, I would run 6 Advanced Phasers, 1 Terran Phaser, and the Turret.

Even with Mark XII VR Beams (I am waiting for upgrade weekend) the thing hits like a runaway garbage truck. It's the one ship that actually feels good with beams over cannons. I am hoping it doesn't get over nerfed.. it's still not as powerful as a ship running cannons, but with the right upgrades it should be great for Elite Content. Normally, I only run Cannon builds in Elites.
    edited June 2019

Thanks.

The Beam he's talking about is the Terran Task Force Beam Array from Rep. It comes in Disruptor or Phaser Variant and is widely considered the single best beam available. The proc that does more damage as enemy health decreases is nasty.

I have never heard anyone call it a 'geordie omni,' but he means the Omni and Console from the Trilithium Laced Weaponry set that's available from the mission 'Beyond The Nexus.' The 2pc 'Speed Tweaks' perk is very nice.

Personally, I like the aesthitic of the Advanced Phasers. I run 7 Advanced Phaser Beams and the Trilithium Turret/console for the 2pc bonus and to trigger Mixed Armaments Synergy.

You can't really see the single turret firing, so it doesn't break the visual of the blue beams, but I still get Speed Tweaks and can use one of the most powerful Bridge Officer abilities in the game. I don't use the Terran Beam because I don't want the single Orange Beam, but if I really wanted to maximize, I would run 6 Advanced Phasers, 1 Terran Phaser, and the Turret.

Even with Mark XII VR Beams (I am waiting for upgrade weekend) the thing hits like a runaway garbage truck. It's the one ship that actually feels good with beams over cannons. I am hoping it doesn't get over nerfed.. it's still not as powerful as a ship running cannons, but with the right upgrades it should be great for Elite Content. Normally, I only run Cannon builds in Elites.

Thank You for that.

What is the "most powerful bridge officer ability" you speak of?

I agree wholeheartedly with you about the ship, what the beams don't get the streams of fighters do, even thou I only have the mid level fighters as my starbase comm array isn't high enough yet.
    edited June 2019

The one I linked in the post - Mixed Armaments Synergy.

It gives you a huge damage bonus for using mixed weapon types which is why I run 7 beams and one turret. It also works with beams and torps. At Rank 3, firing the Turret gives me a 50% damage boost on all my beams for 10 seconds.. it's crazy good.

That and Narrow Sensor Bands are just.. fantastic abilities that should be a staple in any Miracle Worker Build. :wink:
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The trait seems underwhelming though, at least from my experience (and certainly doesn’t seem as useful as ‘Built to Last’ from the Temporal Light Cruiser).

Anyone feel the same about it?

I haven't tried it.. frankly, the ship is already tough as nails, I don't need another survival trait. I have read from others though that the trait does not perform particularly well.

The ship looks great, flies great, the beams are awesome and so is the console. All things considered, I wasn't too heartbroken over the trait. :wink:
    edited June 2019
    reyan01 wrote: »
    As for the ship - yeah, not a bad word to say about it! The only negative really is that I'm finding I don't really want to play any other ship!

Same here.. I fly it 90% of the time now.
    Just hope there is a Phoenix event soon, as haven't been able to upgrade all of the beams, nor the Fleet (colony) deflector or warp core.

I told my fleet the other day that I would punch a baby in the face for a Phoenix Box event right about now. :lol::lol:

*Disclaimer: I would never punch a baby, obviously.

The one I linked in the post - Mixed Armaments Synergy.

It gives you a huge damage bonus for using mixed weapon types which is why I run 7 beams and one turret. It also works with beams and torps. At Rank 3, firing the Turret gives me a 50% damage boost on all my beams for 10 seconds.. it's crazy good.

That and Narrow Sensor Bands are just.. fantastic abilities that should be a staple in any Miracle Worker Build. :wink:

Thank You Again, I will enjoy testing these.
    funnily enough...the donnie has the seating to use BOTH MAS and NSB without giving up EPtW3 - just use the commander MW seat for both MW powers and set the uni ltc seat to eng​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Here are the ships!
    Well. For the first time ever with a Cryptic product I wonder if I should sell high. This is just weird. Why would a game obsolete itself well before it's time. Ah well nevermind. I suppose this too will pass once certain corporate unlock agreements trigger.

• raksag#0960 raksag Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Dear Developers,

Please make available the Discovery era Constitution and D7 ships in C-Store. I bet that at least 90% of the players want to command these versions of legendary ships, and the chance to earn them by opening an R&D pack is really low, so we waste loads of Zen.
    And please add the Kelvin timeline ships to the C-store as well, because these ships deserve to be available for everyone too.
    And one last thought: Certain items become available in Dilithium Store because someone buys or earns a ship or completes an event. For those who missed the events or couldn't buy the certain great stuff, the items should be available for a certain amount of Dilithium. Otherwise what's the point in calling it a store. Please consider this.

Thank You for developing this game.
  • raksag#0960 raksag Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Dear Developers,

Please make available the Discovery era Constitution and D7 ships in C-Store. I bet that at least 90% of the players want to command these versions of legendary ships, and the chance to earn them by opening an R&D pack is really low, so we waste loads of Zen.
    And please add the Kelvin timeline ships to the C-store as well, because these ships deserve to be available for everyone too.
    And one last thought: Certain items become available in Dilithium Store because someone buys or earns a ship or completes an event. For those who missed the events or couldn't buy the certain great stuff, the items should be available for a certain amount of Dilithium. Otherwise what's the point in calling it a store. Please consider this.

If my post appears twice accidentaly, I'm sorry, I had to repost it as the the forum site doesn't like if a post is reedited too much within a certain time.

Thank You for developing this game.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Dear Developers,

Please make available the Discovery era Constitution and D7 ships in C-Store.

Please consider this.

Actually, they did consider it. The community manager said they knew how much people wanted these ships in the store, did some research into sales numbers, and found that C-store sales vs lockbox ship sales aren't even comparable. They would have made so much less money they couldn't justify putting it in the store.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    Dear Developers,

Please make available the Discovery era Constitution and D7 ships in C-Store.

Please consider this.

Actually, they did consider it. The community manager said they knew how much people wanted these ships in the store, did some research into sales numbers, and found that C-store sales vs lockbox ship sales aren't even comparable. They would have made so much less money they couldn't justify putting it in the store.

Of course they wouldn't have. They know exactly what lootboxes are and how exploitative they are, and they wanted the cash cow that they are in the game. After all Fifa team ultimate gets billions of dollars from exploiting people, so why would Cryptic try anything different? They only want the money not happy players in this instance. And I doubt their C Store sales numbers would ever truly reflect how well a Connie would sell, since they have never sold an Endgame connie in the C Store. Just because a bad ship(considered by most players) like the Galaxy class doesn't sell too well doesn't mean that a Connie would as well. Its a frigging Connie.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    Just because a bad ship(considered by most players) like the Galaxy class
    Only the ones who don't know how to fly a heavy cruiser...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • reafisreafis Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    I like seeing this in the reedit page:

level 1

8 points ·
    21 hours ago

They should look at a T6 Exeter in the C-Store with some new parts, IMHO. Maybe give it an alternate “lost era” skin based on the Ambassador and the Stargazer. Stargazer nacelles and saucer. Ambassador neck and struts. Oberth inspired main hull. Advanced Phaser Beam Banks. Folks have gone nuts over conjectural ships in STO like the NX Refit and Georgiou. A post-Undiscovered Country Connie Refit would work. Maybe a project by Scotty after Khitomer and before his scheduled retirement. Maybe Starfleet abandoned it because the design specs were too low only for Scotty, after re-emerging at the Jenolen Dyson Sphere, informing them that his specs were a wee bit conservative, causing them to resume production in the late 24th century. Aberdeen Class?

And a Mirror Defiant Retrofit Connie for Lobi.
    level 2

2 points ·
    11 hours ago

I WANT THIS IN MY LIFE.

A vanilla C-store Cruiser with MW seating based on that lore with Exeter/Excalibur/Vesper parts in addition to parts from the new class? That's that dream, baby!
    level 3

2 points ·
    5 hours ago

It just kind of makes sense to me that Scotty would spend his last few years trying to keep the Connie in service. I think he’d be sad at the 1701-A being decommissioned but at least it wouldn’t be taking damage as a museum ship. But abandoning the Connie design principles? He’d never tolerate that.

A vanilla T6 cruiser would, I think be rather reasonable. I mean a T6 Excalibur, without temporal, miracle or command would be OKAY, would it not?

Its even more confusing than that.

TNG (Including the movies as you can get Tier 6 Sov), DS9, Voyager and Enterprise.

I fell for the temptation, blew my zen (I didn't buy any it was unused lifetime zen) and got lobi and packs, so yeah I'm a sucker.

I do have some lobi now though tempted to buy some section 31 phasers/badge. Unless anyone has any other suggestions?

• fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Dear Developers
    Star Fleet, where commissions are bought. ;) I'm personally disappointed too but hey, it's a business. I'm less irked that it is out of my reach than I am that it's such a strong ship. It's already common enough I get starved into an AFK penalty flying ships that were considered OP five years ago. Nothing unusual in MMOs.

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Dear Developers
    Star Fleet, where commissions are bought. ;) I'm personally disappointed too but hey, it's a business. I'm less irked that it is out of my reach than I am that it's such a strong ship. It's already common enough I get starved into an AFK penalty flying ships that were considered OP five years ago. Nothing unusual in MMOs.

Might I recommend one of the temporal ships, like this? https://sto.gamepedia.com/Paladin_Temporal_Battlecruiser Works well and looks neat.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.