test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Allied Cooperative Starship Development Board

13»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well, since three of the four can be used by Federation or Klingons you can get three Mastery unlocks for each. Same for Romulans and Jem'Hader.
    Or not.... It seems the trait you get when you finish mastery is based on your faction, not the ship.
    Just a note here..

While what you typed here is totally true, don't let that fool you into thinking you need all the ships. The energy weapon boost is pretty inconsequential overall, the big appeal of the trait is the weapon cycle haste upon activation of bridge officer power. The bonus to the energy weapon damage is likely a Cat1 boost (we'll have to wait for confirmation) which is incredibly easy to replicate through many methods.

I for example, am probably going to buy the Romulan version then unlock the trait with all my feds that use Phaser. Ideally, yes.. I would prefer to have the Phaser or Disruptor variant of the trait, but none of my Feds are going to fly this ship as their main and my KDF characters won't either. Being that I won't actually use the ship, playing 2400 Zen per ship (on sale) for the different traits isn't worth it provided that the only difference is the passive energy boost.

I will just buy the Romulan version, unlock the Mol'Rihan trait on my feds and use it for the haste. I am not going to pay 2400 zen just to change the Cat1 boost from Plasma to Phaser, that just doesn't make sense to me. The Romulan and Dominion ships can be used by anyone.. buy one (or both) of them and just use the trait on everyone.

Save yourself some money. :wink:
    Well, if you're Fed, you get the phaser trait even if you master the Jem ship.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well, since three of the four can be used by Federation or Klingons you can get three Mastery unlocks for each. Same for Romulans and Jem'Hader.
    Or not.... It seems the trait you get when you finish mastery is based on your faction, not the ship.
    Just a note here..

While what you typed here is totally true, don't let that fool you into thinking you need all the ships. The energy weapon boost is pretty inconsequential overall, the big appeal of the trait is the weapon cycle haste upon activation of bridge officer power. The bonus to the energy weapon damage is likely a Cat1 boost (we'll have to wait for confirmation) which is incredibly easy to replicate through many methods.

I for example, am probably going to buy the Romulan version then unlock the trait with all my feds that use Phaser. Ideally, yes.. I would prefer to have the Phaser or Disruptor variant of the trait, but none of my Feds are going to fly this ship as their main and my KDF characters won't either. Being that I won't actually use the ship, playing 2400 Zen per ship (on sale) for the different traits isn't worth it provided that the only difference is the passive energy boost.

I will just buy the Romulan version, unlock the Mol'Rihan trait on my feds and use it for the haste. I am not going to pay 2400 zen just to change the Cat1 boost from Plasma to Phaser, that just doesn't make sense to me. The Romulan and Dominion ships can be used by anyone.. buy one (or both) of them and just use the trait on everyone.

Save yourself some money. :wink:
    Well, if you're Fed, you get the phaser trait even if you master the Jem ship.

Can you explain this? I am under the impression that mastering the Jem ship gives you the Polaron version of the Trait. The Phaser trait is on the Fed ship.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • futilepurposefutilepurpose Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Nice ships! But the temporal seat... really? At least i wont buy it :/
    edited July 2019
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Have to say it is a little disappointing that they didn't elaborate on this, as it's causing some confusion.

Hopefully they'll address it on the upcoming Livestream.

It seemed clear to me when I read it, but apparently there is some confusion. This is how I understand it:

There are 4 ships (Fed,KDF,Rom,Jem). Each of those 4 ships has a starship trait just like we are all used to. Mastering that ship gives you that specific trait. The traits are as follows:
    Starship Trait - Heart of Sol
    When activating Attack Pattern: Beta or any Temporal Operative Boff Ability, you will gain a boost to Energy Weapon Haste and Directed Energy Phaser Weapon Damage for a short duration.

Starship Trait - Legacy of Qo’noS
    When activating Attack Pattern: Beta or any Temporal Operative Boff Ability, you will gain a boost to Energy Weapon Haste and Directed Energy Disruptor Weapon Damage for a short duration.

Starship Trait - Pride of Mol’Rihan
    When activating Attack Pattern: Beta or any Temporal Operative Boff Ability, you will gain a boost to Energy Weapon Haste and Directed Energy Plasma Weapon Damage for a short duration.

Starship Trait - Persistence of the Founders
    When activating Attack Pattern: Beta or any Temporal Operative Boff Ability, you will gain a boost to Energy Weapon Haste and Directed Energy Polaron Weapon Damage for a short duration.

So if you master the romulan ship, you get the 'Pride of Mol'Rihan' trait. So if a Federation Captain were to fly the Romulan ship and master it, that Federation Captain would gain the Mo'Rihan version of the trait that boosts plasma. If the Federation Captain wants the Phaser Variant (Heart of Sol) then they need to own the Federation Version of the ship and master that ship.

My assertion is that the energy weapon boost is actually not even that important. The appeal of the trait is the firing cycle haste, the energy weapon boost is likely not a big deal especially since there are so many sources for Cat 1 Boosts already. Because of this, my current plan is to just get the Romulan Version since I have a character that would actually fly it. I'll then claim the ship on my Feds and Klingons and use the trait even though none of them use Plasma.

The haste is the important part of the trait, people shouldn't get bogged down with thinking they need to buy all the ships so that they can match energy type. That seems like a waste of money to me, but to each their own.

Perhaps I have misunderstood, but I don't see anything that says that mastering the Jem ship for example on my Fed would somehow give me the Phaser version of the trait. It would give me the Polaron version because that is the trait that comes on that ship.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User

Can you explain this? I am under the impression that mastering the Jem ship gives you the Polaron version of the Trait. The Phaser trait is on the Fed ship.

For eg, the Kholhr Temporal Warbird if you look at the starship mastery it states that it follows character not ship. You will notice it at all the starship mastery.

Starship Ability Package (Tactical Warbird)
    Precise Weapon Systems (+Accuracy)
    Enhanced Singularity Circuitry (+Singularity Gain, -Singularity Cooldown)
    Enhanced Weapon Systems (+Kinetic/Energy Dmg)
    Devastating Weaponry (+Critical Chance)
    Pride of Mol'Rihan (Starship Trait) (Romulan characters only)
    Legacy of Qo'noS (Starship Trait) (Klingon characters only)
    Heart of Sol (Starship Trait) (Federation characters only)
    Persistence of the Founders (Starship Trait) (Dominion characters only)

OPv9m3F.jpg
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Nova/Saber and Steamrunner classes when please. I'd rather spend my money on those ships
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    steinberg wrote: »
    Wonder when ZEFilms will release a preview video ?.

I have a feeling they will. :wink:
    Gash Dang it Zef... I was prepared to get just one of the ships (Fed)... Now? The only thing making me hesitant is the Jem vessel (not that bid of a fan)...
    edited July 2019
    sarah2774 wrote: »

For eg, the Kholhr Temporal Warbird if you look at the starship mastery it states that it follows character not ship. You will notice it at all the starship mastery.

Starship Ability Package (Tactical Warbird)
    Precise Weapon Systems (+Accuracy)
    Enhanced Singularity Circuitry (+Singularity Gain, -Singularity Cooldown)
    Enhanced Weapon Systems (+Kinetic/Energy Dmg)
    Devastating Weaponry (+Critical Chance)
    Pride of Mol'Rihan (Starship Trait) (Romulan characters only)
    Legacy of Qo'noS (Starship Trait) (Klingon characters only)
    Heart of Sol (Starship Trait) (Federation characters only)
    Persistence of the Founders (Starship Trait) (Dominion characters only)

I did not notice that.. thank you for pointing it out. :smile:

If that information is correct then that's pretty awesome. I am only buying the Warbird since that's the only ship I actually want. If I can gain any variant of the trait depending on captain then I'll be quite happy.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    While the Warbird looks nice, I think personally I will go for the Jem'Hadar ship.
    The Warbird uses Singularity Warp Core, and non-Romulan toons (for now - it may be changed soon) do not have access to most Singularity Cores from the space gear sets…
    Edit:
    Well, they have access to most Repuation Singularity Cores, but I can't get for now the Singularity Cores from the anniversary events.
    Post edited by saber1973a on
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Nice to see the Roms and Jems getting something new.

Any idea when the Jem vet EV suit and ship will arrive?
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    Gee, it's nice that all the new temporal ships are full temporal ships (and even some non-temporal ships like the Husnock Warship), but yet the T6 versions of the original Temporal ships (Verne, etc.) are not.

When's that getting fixed, Cryptic?
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    talien wrote: »
    Gee, it's nice that all the new temporal ships are full temporal ships (and even some non-temporal ships like the Husnock Warship), but yet the T6 versions of the original Temporal ships (Verne, etc.) are not.

When's that getting fixed, Cryptic?

Propably never - it would mean messing arround with the ships already in-game, which would create heat from people who set up their ships "just as they want it" and do not want any changes.
    … and all the bugs that would creep in... that would create even more heat.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    they would be adding temporal seating to seating that had none, as well as molecular reconstruction...i don't see any major build issues coming from that since it's just additions, not changes

bugs are another matter...and a far bigger issue given cryptic's track record with STO's engine​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    funny enough they just started something with the summer ship that can solve the time ship not being temporal ship problem. and if a fleet module is too cheap for them to bother, something like 200 lobi wouldn't be too bad.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @reyan01 said:
    > seaofsorrows wrote: »
    >
    > steinberg wrote: »
    >
    > Wonder when ZEFilms will release a preview video ?.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have a feeling they will. :wink:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah - they were pretty quick to release that.
    >
    > I sincerely hope that it's something that'll continue - ZEFilms does some incredible work and its great way of giving us a pre-release look at new ships.

So does STO unrefined, who mixea ZEFILMS style cinematics now, with his space barbie pagnents and some combat too.
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on