test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Facial Hair

scubaj1701scubaj1701 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I would love to see Romulans get the option to apply facial hair. That is really all my character needs! Lol. I know it's not canon in the show, but the could be for many reasons. We know Vulcans can grow it due to Spock in "Mirror, Mirror" but none in the Prime Universe have any. (I think Sarek does in Disc, from what I have seen in trailers but I haven't seen it.) Idk if a Dev will see this and let me know if I can plan on it coming or not.

Comments

• feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Also because vulcans have beard in the game.
    My vulcan boff for ground missions has beard.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    They are the same species as Vulcans, so should be able to grow facial hair
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    scubaj1701 wrote: »
    I would love to see Romulans get the option to apply facial hair. That is really all my character needs! Lol. I know it's not canon in the show, but the could be for many reasons. We know Vulcans can grow it due to Spock in "Mirror, Mirror" but none in the Prime Universe have any. (I think Sarek does in Disc, from what I have seen in trailers but I haven't seen it.) Idk if a Dev will see this and let me know if I can plan on it coming or not.
    Prime Sarek doesn't have facial hair (unless you count 5 o'clock shadow) in DSC (outside of the mirror verse), that said Spock's half-brother (Sarek's first son who was a full vulcan) does have full beard so it's not case being unable.

I don't see any good reason lorewise why romulans couldn't have facial hair (come to think of it I think one the mooks in Nero's crew did have a beard), only reason I can think of is that it conflicts with the forehead ridges somehow gamemechanics wise and that's why romulans don't have facial hair.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    scubaj1701 wrote: »
    Prime Sarek doesn't have facial hair (unless you count 5 o'clock shadow) in DSC (outside of the mirror verse), that said Spock's half-brother (Sarek's first son who was a full vulcan) does have full beard so it's not case being unable.

I don't see any good reason lorewise why romulans couldn't have facial hair (come to think of it I think one the mooks in Nero's crew did have a beard), only reason I can think of is that it conflicts with the forehead ridges somehow gamemechanics wise and that's why romulans don't have facial hair.

I do not see how the ridges would conflict with facial hair, it doesn't on Klingons for instance.

Before Sybok the general assumption was that Vulcans simply did not have beards. It makes sense since their generally lanky build was supposed to be an adaption to the rather high (and dry) heat of the Vulcan environment, and body hair might hamper the ability to get rid of heat from exertion. Spock's goatee really does not factor into the question since he is half human and could have a beard from that.

On the other hand, Vulcans may not be native to Vulcan if they really are descended from Henoch's people like Spock speculated in "Return to Tomorrow" so they might have beards from initially developing on a different and possibly cooler planet than Vulcan.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    dont care why, just give me beards