test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VIL tutorial nerfed by and clashes with new "after tutorial" ship requirements

balarickbalarick Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited July 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I don't know if this is a bug or just an oversight (or both), but during the VIL tutorial, Loriss tells you to go talk to the Ship Acquisitions NPC in order to select your ship before heading out. Before the whole scaling T6 thing was introduced (which makes lower level ships totally pointless, but whatevs), you could talk to the guy and, if you'd purchased one of the Vanguard packs, you could select a T6 ship and breeze through the tutorial pretty easily (at least more so than with the fighter). You could also use the Event Store to gain access to Event ships, like the Lukari Science ship, the S'torr, etc., as well as use the C-Store to bring in some T6 ships you owned (for me, it only worked with the 31st Century Temporal ships).

However, now, with the T6 scaling thing and the fact that you can't use any T6 ships until you've completed the tutorial, the Ship Requisitions window at the Dominion Base comes up completely blank and none of the Event ships can be opened; thus, you can't use anything but the stock Jem'hadar fighter throughout the tutorial. This is a direct contradiction to what the game explicitly tells you you can do and, frankly, it doesn't make the least bit of sense that the Dominion faction should be barred from using T6 ships during the tutorial because you're already Lvl 60! It makes total sense for other factions since they start at Lvl 1, but the Dominion should be exempt from that limitation -- otherwise, the game tells you to do things that you can't do and thus bars you from taking advantage of the expansion packs you might've purchased and using a Vanguard Dreadnought to kill space-bugs!

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, I noticed this too. I made a Jem Engineer recently and had to use the Bug ship for the tutorial.

Wasn't a big deal obviously, the tutorial is super easy.. but it is strange that Loriss tells you to to select your ship and then the game tells you that you can't actually do it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    This fix is on Tribble now. Probably will be on Holodeck soon in Thursday's patch.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.