test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dsc boff limited costume options at tailor.

koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
I'm experiencing problems with customising some of the dsc boffs. For instance, the Elisa Flores equivalent for Dsc captains - Evelyn Savea - has very limited uniform options in any category. While I can use most of the "Uniform - Jacket Loose" unlocks, the associated other bits and bobs remain inaccesible, such as collar and shoulder pad options. If I select "Uniform - Jacket Tight", the restrictions are even more severe, with only 23c Medical, JH tactical (unlocked on JH alt) and the Zen Seven of Nine costume.

Is this an oversight, or by design? I can unlock the usual assortment of uniform options with no issues on my other boffs.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    As far as I know this is intentional. The c-store Cyborg boff you can buy with zen also can only use DSC uniforms. It seems to be what they want.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    like...why does this even surprise you anymore? i would be more surprised at this point to get a boff that ISN'T heavily restricted on what it can wear​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    How exactly was that combat vest ST:D based? The prison warden in the old DS9 episode where you release the founder was wearing the exact same combat vest.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    It just seems a bit inconsistent with regards to what they can wear and what they can't. All my zen store and promotional uniform unlocks in the Loose category can be used, sans collars, shoulders and sci kits etc, but next to nothing in the Tight jacket department. Oh well, not to worry. I can always use other boffs for my away team.
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure it's by design - but it's a really poor design decision. Given that we're ship captains in the Star Trek universe, it's completely reasonable for us to want every BOFF to wear the same uniform.

It's pretty crazy have to limit my BOFFs based on the uniforms they can wear - but because I want a unified looking crew, that's what I'm having to do.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    avoozuul wrote: »
    How exactly was that combat vest ST:D based? The prison warden in the old DS9 episode where you release the founder was wearing the exact same combat vest.

DSC.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

The Warden wears a MACO/Holographic armour variant.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Arbitrary costume restrictions are pretty much business as usual.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    like...why does this even surprise you anymore? i would be more surprised at this point to get a boff that ISN'T heavily restricted on what it can wear​​

Agreed, these pointless and stupid restrictions have been going on since day one with no end in sight. Extremely frustrating.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    angrytarg wrote: »

I am pretty sure this is the same vest. https://i.imgur.com/nPxsu80.jpg

Edit: Come to think of it this is the whole discovery uniform so he probably did wear maco armor previously and the devs for some odd reason decided to change it this way. I couldn't remember him wearing anything else.

Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited July 2019

Agreed, these pointless and stupid restrictions have been going on since day one with no end in sight. Extremely frustrating.

"They may take away our lives, but they'll never take our freedom! boff costume choices!"

Cryptic: "Challenge accepted."

::sigh:: since Space Barbie is the real endgame I really wish Cryptic would remove all costume restrictions and let us deal with any clipping or other glitches.
  • Options
    ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

I am pretty sure this is the same vest regardless of the maco stuff. https://i.imgur.com/nPxsu80.jpg

Edit: Come to think of it this is the whole discovery uniform so maybe he did wear maco armor previously and the devs for some odd reason decided to change it this way. I couldn't remember him wearing anything else.

The image you just posted is of the new DSC combat vest, seen here in the show: warriors-armour-star-trek-discovery-black-vest-900x900.jpg

The outfit warn by the warden in the DS9 episode you mentioned (Facility 4028) where you save the founder is seen here:
    maxresdefault.jpg

Which is pretty much darkened MACO armor.

• Options
    Yes, they changed the warden and his clothing.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Yes, they changed the warden and his clothing.
    The Warden in the DSC storyline is a different character then the one in the dominion arc, though it doesn't mean starfleet didn't couldn't have based the 25c holographic on the 23c one.

EDIT:Just ran the mission long enough to see the Warden and it seems now the hologramic Warden is based on the 23c human one, down to wearing the same uniform. That said there's nothing that would prevent wearing the DSC combat vest in the 25th century, though it should noted as far as I can tell only change is the Warden's physical apparence and his personality is still same as before the change.
  • Options
    I would assume they use the same NPC for both missions and just overwrote the original 25c warden. pig-17.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Nope. different NPCs even if the map geo is reused.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    thundergodcid#6032 thundergodcid Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    "Agents of Yesterday Boffs have the same issue
  • Options
    alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    The KDF disco boff has no options at all even though it lets you use the tailor for it.
This discussion has been closed.