test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1966 Starship Skin

Devs,

Asking if you would please make the original Enterprise appearance available for the new Miracle Worker Flight Deck Cruiser. What you have so far is pretty close, but not quite there.

Thanks!

"As with all living things, each according to his gifts."

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    The TOS connie already exists as its own ship = https://sto.gamepedia.com/Constitution-class_Temporal_Light_Cruiser
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I'm sure the OP is aware of this and thus that is irrelevant to the request.

I, too, desire to have a more TOS style to the new Connie than is currently available. As of right now, the scale of the new ship prohibits this as it is larger than the parts that are already available in game.

At the very least, I'd like to see the concept art straight nacelle pylons originally proposed by Eaves before Discovery's VFX team go their hands on the design
    If the OP is aware of this already then that information is irrelevant to the OP's request.

And what the heck is (thankfully) supposed to mean?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    The various T6 connies are sold as different ships and do not get each others' skins. A Kelvin is a Kelvin, a TOS is a TOS, a Discovery is a Discovery.

You can wish for the ability to let them use the others' skins, it's just not going to happen.
  • woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    So much for ship skins. Do/Could they share the ship materials, however?
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
    azrael605 wrote: »
    If the OP is aware of this fact then the OP would not have made the request as he would be aware it is not going to happen period. Thankfully means exactly that, thankfully my Disco Connie never has to look like a piece of Ghosa from the 60s.

It would never have to anyway. You ship is your ship and customization options are exactly that: Options. OP is asking the parts to be made available. Not asking that the new ship be made to look that way and no other way so leave your disdain for the aesthetic out of this.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I don't understand the problem here but thought the TOS Connie skin can be put on the Discoprise already?

I still have not opened mine (lol) but was certain that I have seen a few who did. :/
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited July 2019
    The Type 0 material can be used on the DSC Connie, but none of the parts can be changed out. I had assumed that that was what the OP was talking about.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    No T6 Connie can use the parts of the others, this will not change now. Accept that you are wrong or don't it will not change the facts.

The T6 Temporal Light Cruiser can use the parts of any of the Constitution variants of the same size. This includes the Constitution Refit, the Vesper, the Excalibur, the Exeter, and the TOS Constitution main series and pilot variants.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    The Type 0 material can be used on the DSC Connie, but none of the parts can be changed out. I had assumed that that was what the OP was talking about.

Ah oki, I get it now thanks. :)

But no, sadly the parts between the two ship cant be exchanged and wont be able to in the future. One of the devs mentioned somwhere that this is due to size differences between the ship models.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    The devs have already stated that customizing between the various Constitution-type family of ships would not be happening for this ship. The TOS style Type 0 material, however, is already available for this ship. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.