test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Sound in STO

ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
I've been away for a while for a number of reasons but decided to get back into the game now that the Summer Event is right around the corner. Only after having patched the game I have discovered I no longer have any sound at all in-game.
While I was away my pc forced a Windows update so I'm on the most current one and I tried updating my audio driver (Realtek) but it says it can find nothing newer and that it is compatible with the current version of Windows. I Googled to see if anyone else was having issues but could only find months old thread on reddit with two people having this and it was never resolved for them best I could tell.

I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall my drivers as I have bad experiences with that and everything else works perfectly, only STO is having any issues soundwise, or anythingwise.
Please advice. I want to go to Risa but without sound it would beyond suck.
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    Has your issue been resolved or do you still have no sound?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Has your issue been resolved or do you still have no sound?

@sthe91 still not resolved. No sound at all and everything else works fine.
    That is bizarre. The sound works fine for me. Sorry that you are going through that. I sadly have no answers for you. :(
    sthe91 wrote: »
    That is bizarre. The sound works fine for me. Sorry that you are going through that. I sadly have no answers for you. :(

Yeah it seems to be a rare problem. I'll see if I can get in touch with Support, website refuses to work for me right now so :/
    edited July 2019
    I just thought of something. Sometimes I was having an issue with the light-up button not going on when I muted the sound. Maybe a similar suggestion would work in this instance. How about even though you have no sound for STO but everything else works perfectly, pushing the mute button or however you put the sound on mute, then disable the Realtek sound driver, do not uninstall it. Then, restart or shut down the computer and see if the system recognizes that you have no sound and fixes the problem itself. My issue was different than yours but it is worth a shot. I remember another sound problem I had a few years ago, that made every Youtube vid sound like the let's player was underwater, I was glad when I finally found a solution to that problem. Phew! Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    @sthe91 I'll try that tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestion, sometimes it's the oddest thing that can fix an issue so it's worth a try as it is relatively low effort.