test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

endeavors system - bonus percentage on top after completation?

t0m#2593 t0m Member Posts: 34 Arc User
hi. rumor has it (among the people i play with) that there will be an extra 5% to all on top if one finishes the endeavors system without any break in between. is there anything to it? i can't find anything to support this information.

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    I don't think anyone has any of them maxed out yet so... no data.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • t0m#2593 t0m Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    it takes some years to max it out and it just started. so right: players can't tell. nobody would benefit from it anyway since most people will have had breaks. i wonder if somebody more official could know someting about it.

for me personally it sounds more than weird to add something like this. a bonus for playing for like 3 years every day without one day of a break. but rumor is out. and an official negation here would help me sleep better :D
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Stop listening to trolls OP.

So much of this.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    i tend to not believe it since i first heard it. but since my m8‘s are no trolls and the source was semi-official i‘ll try to get in contact with the person who said it. thanks so far. at least i‘m not the only one thinking its fake. maybe it was said but in a kind of sarcastic humourious way nobody understood.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    They likely heard it in Zone Chat which is horribly unreliable.

Always double or triple check anything you heard in STO Zone Chat. It's certainly not a reliable source for information. :wink:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    They likely heard it in Zone Chat which is horribly unreliable.

Always double or triple check anything you heard in STO Zone Chat. It's certainly not a reliable source for information. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4emcNAf5lY
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    If you ask me the "no breaks what so ever" made it so that I wouldn't consider such a rumor even possible, now an extra +5% for someone who has completed the system is possible (though I wouldn't consider it likely), but no sane game company in the world would take effort to program in a system that in all likehood had 0 impact on practically 100% of the playerbase.

Now on a limited time event like the summer or winter event, Cryptic could assume signifigant enough portion of the playerbase be both willing and able to play the main event mission without breaks since you can do that once every 20 hours anyway. (even then asking to play 24/7 without any breaks for duration of the event would both unrealistic and possibly illegal). However the key here is the "signifigant portion of the playerbase" if you could count the players able to both gain the extra rewards and willing to do so with the fingers of a single hand it simply isn't worth the effort, after all the STO playbase is in the thousands at very least.
    thanks for that very sane and reflected reply. i think you nailed it. it never really made sense to me. for exact that reason you described. i wonder why i was able to even think for a second it could be true. thanks so far:)
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    t0m#2593 wrote: »
    hi. rumor has it (among the people i play with) that there will be an extra 5% to all on top if one finishes the endeavors system without any break in between. is there anything to it? i can't find anything to support this information.

:D I think it's pretty obvious you've been grifted. An additional bonus might be in the realm of possibility, but only if you do every single endeavor for like 3 years straight is absurd and not consistent with anything that Cryptic has ever done in this game.