test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Everything Wrong with Risa

edoachedoach Member Posts: 23 Arc User
When over 4 days you have more than two dozen incidents of bad programming, something is seriously wrong. Let's start simple.

Boosts during the races are broken. If one player takes a jump or boost pad, another player within half a second of the first WILL NOT get the boost effect as well. This leads to a runaway effect of one person taking the lead and nothing but a horrible screwup by them will cost them first place.

Keeping with the races, the gates you have to pass through sometimes don't see players go by. I've been a victim of this and seen other players be as well, they go through the gates but they aren't counted and thus get to the finish in a good position but they can't claim the flag.

The Powerboard-Floater transition in the biathlon is shoddy at best. Sometimes it sees that you're there and lets you continue on, other times it thinks you're still on the powerboard section and immediately disqualifies you for equipping your floater where you are supposed to. I suspect this is closely related to the gate issue above and the game's inability to keep track of a player moving any faster than running pace. If there are going to be features that let the player move fast, the game must be capable of it.

Off of player tracking and onto the tracks themselves. More than a few times I've seen other players, and I myself have been, flung off wildly to one side when taking the ramps straight on. DQ rages after someone lands half-way up a mountain is something I see multiple times a day.

There is also the face that the borders of the course are very poorly enforced. Some parts you can go wildly off the course and keep going, others you put a toe off and you're immediately DQ'd. There has to be consistency.

I'll be updating this as I inevitably find more issues with the broken planet that is Risa. Happy raging everyone.
Tagged:

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    LOL! That happens to me when I lose control of those super duper fast Power Boards and Floaters.
    I can't react fast enough and end up in the jungle or up a hill.

It is worse with all the lag going on this year on Risa. I may have to switch back to the "normal" Superior Floaters and Power Boards, instead of the amped up ones.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    I am already doing a floater swap...the impulsive one is just plain impossible to control what with the lag fest that is risa this year...and then it stutters and suddenly I'm off course and failed the event run and have to restart it..
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • edoachedoach Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I'm back to add another massive failure of the devs: the Ornithologist.

This morning my egg mission finished and I was rewarded with a Passion Wing Chick. The problem is, there is no DOFF mission for raising a Passion Wing Fledgling, just a Tufted Passion Wing Fledgling. This means my bird cannot be raised at all. I checked all the other bird types and this is the only one that is missing.

20p2wRb.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You already have that Assignment in your Current Area Assignment list.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Ah Risa, where you line up to start a race, then as you start, you inexplicably start to drift backwards and off to the side, till you're DQd floating about 200m in the sky, then time returns and, being on a board (or not if it too vanishes) , you plumet to the ground.
    All you can do is say "lol nuts" and move on.
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Oh, and don't forget the good, old fashioned...

Server Not Responding...
  • edoachedoach Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    You already have that Assignment in your Current Area Assignment list.

No, I don't. That gets cleared when you select a different mission and I had started the missions for my other two birds first then went to start the Chick. No mission available for it. I checked again this morning, still no mission for it.